GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

HELP

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/06, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for psoting in this forum did not know where else i could to post

heres the story my dad powered my car to go to work on his way home the car just died he pulled over to the side of the free way and tried to restart it but when he did it sounded lil it was baout to start but didnt turn over we got it towed home and i tried to start it same deal sounds like its goona start but wont go always the way it seems like it seems feul related i htougth o its sjut outa gas but the gauge says i have some i duno please help mee!

-ben
Old 5/3/06, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Uhhh....check for codes, was it overheating at the time, oil pressure loss? If not, I'd take it to your mechanic.
Old 5/3/06, 07:08 PM

jsut thinking here the red wires i used to hook up my miezere water pump too, would any of those be connected with the fuel pump?
Old 5/3/06, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow, talk about a run on sentence.
Old 5/3/06, 07:15 PM

sorry man i was just freakin out that my brand new car didnt work i didn't know i was in 2nd period english my bad next time ill remember
Old 5/3/06, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

No problem, just bustin your chops.
Old 5/3/06, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

so give us the whole story. you JUST installed the water pump and hooked it to some unkown red wires and now the car is dead?

details, my friend, and take the time to reread your post before posting, it will make life easier on all of us.
Old 5/3/06, 08:03 PM

So my dad took my car to work today. On his way home he accelerated to pass another car; while doing this the car just shut off. So, he pulled over and tried to restart it. When he did the car sounded like it was going to start but just wouldn't turn over. So we got the car towed home and it does the same thing it sounds like it is going start but just won't turn over. My novice skills make me feel that I have a busted fuel pump or something with the fuel line. The electrical system works fine no problems there. I am wondering whether hooking up my meziere electric water pump could have affected the fuel pump function. I hooked the pump up to one of the red wires like shown in the pictures on this forum. I just don’t know. Please help.
Old 5/3/06, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Do you have a programer? If yes, I would check for trouble codes and re-load my tune. I would also check the fuses. If you can trace the one you tapped into for the water pump, that would be the first one to check. Also if fuses are good disconnect the battery for a couple minutes to reset computer then try and start.
Old 5/3/06, 09:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Firedude @ May 3, 2006, 7:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do you have a programer? If yes, I would check for trouble codes and re-load my tune. I would also check the fuses. If you can trace the one you tapped into for the water pump, that would be the first one to check. Also if fuses are good disconnect the battery for a couple minutes to reset computer then try and start.
[/b][/quote]

thanks man ill try it
Old 5/5/06, 09:21 AM
GT Member

Don't trust your gas guage. Put 1-2 gals in & try it.