GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Got my Bassani exhaust installed yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/06, 05:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am pleased with the sound and the looks. I also had him take a few pulls on the dyno, gains of 5hp and 5tq with the X-pipe, hi-flo cats, axle back. My JLT kit comes in tomorrow, that should give me what I want.
Old 3/1/06, 01:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't pick up more than that with the X-Pipe, cats, and axle-back.

I made the mistake of not making a baseline run in completely stock form, but I made 280 rwhp after installing just Bassani's Axle-Backs. Now I'm at 305 rwhp after Bassani X-Pipe, cats, axle-backs, Airaid CAI, and custom Predator tune. We tuned mine using 89 octane because I will be running mid-grade 95% of the time, so he pulled a little timing out to help keep things safe.
Old 3/1/06, 05:50 PM
Cobra R Member

I think the mm&ff article that reviewed all the exhausts, said the bassani xpipe with compcats and axle backs was around 8hp, so thats not far off.
Old 3/1/06, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sodaman @ March 1, 2006, 7:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think the mm&ff article that reviewed all the exhausts, said the bassani xpipe with compcats and axle backs was around 8hp, so thats not far off.
[/b][/quote]

We only did 2 pulls.....usually the third pull gives the best reading, but we ran out of time for a third. My JLT goes on this weekend and I go to the dyno again on Tuesday or Thursday to get some more results.
Old 3/2/06, 08:17 PM

how is the sound? I am interested in getting bassani but i am not sure of the sound....i want something deep but it doesnt have to be the loudest exhaust
Old 3/3/06, 11:19 AM
FR500 Member

If you like the sound of an x-pipe, you'll love the Bassani's. I am a huge x-pipe fan... and the Bassani mufflers and x-pipe with high-flow cats is about the sweetest setup I have ever heard.
Old 3/3/06, 12:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ March 3, 2006, 12:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you like the sound of an x-pipe, you'll love the Bassani's. I am a huge x-pipe fan... and the Bassani mufflers and x-pipe with high-flow cats is about the sweetest setup I have ever heard.
[/b][/quote]

ok so this may be a dumb question but what exactly does an "x pipe" sound like. because im in the debating phase wondering weither i should just go with the bassani axle backs or go with the axle backs and the catted x pipe
Old 3/3/06, 12:50 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(5speedstanglvr @ March 3, 2006, 1:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
ok so this may be a dumb question but what exactly does an "x pipe" sound like. because im in the debating phase wondering weither i should just go with the bassani axle backs or go with the axle backs and the catted x pipe
[/b][/quote]

Wow, that's hard to say. Have you ever heard a SN95 Cobra with a loud, metallic-like sounding exhaust? That's an x-pipe. It's usually louder than an h-pipe or prochamber... and is a little more high pitched. Sounds more like a race car... versus a deeper rumble musclecar kinda sound of an h-pipe.
Old 3/4/06, 07:50 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ March 3, 2006, 2:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wow, that's hard to say. Have you ever heard a SN95 Cobra with a loud, metallic-like sounding exhaust? That's an x-pipe. It's usually louder than an h-pipe or prochamber... and is a little more high pitched. Sounds more like a race car... versus a deeper rumble musclecar kinda sound of an h-pipe.
[/b][/quote]

I wouldn't say "high pitched", but my cousin did say that it sounded like a race car when he first heard it. It's not annoying loud, and it has a real mean grumble up to about 3500 rpm. Don't get me wrong, if you want to be loud, WOT will do that too.

This exhaust is not "quiet". You will be heard. But it's also not the loudest of the bunch either. I am pleased with it.
Old 3/5/06, 01:52 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaTT(1sK) @ March 4, 2006, 8:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I wouldn't say "high pitched", but my cousin did say that it sounded like a race car when he first heard it. It's not annoying loud, and it has a real mean grumble up to about 3500 rpm. Don't get me wrong, if you want to be loud, WOT will do that too.

This exhaust is not "quiet". You will be heard. But it's also not the loudest of the bunch either. I am pleased with it.
[/b][/quote]

Mike, an x-pipe is definiely not "high pitched". I didn't mean that... I was just saying it is a little higher than an h-pipe or prochamber. It does have a mean grumble, like you were saying. I have always liked the sound of an high flowing x. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Since Yesterday, I have had 3 thumbs up and 4 comments on the exhaust while driving. I'm really enjoying this.