GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Getting Blown!

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/10, 11:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Blown!

SOOOOOOO Finally after 5 year of having my car i am finally purchasing a blower(twin screw) within the next week but i need some opinions from you guys. I have narrowed it down to two blowers. Im interested in the loud whine of the blower. I have narrowed it down to the Saleen SuperShaker or the Whipple HO, i would be running each on 10-12psi. My vehicle still has stock block with 62,000 miles on it. In the future i would upgrade the block when i get other priorities in check so i am looking for potential down the road.

So should i be like alot of the twin screw guys and run the whipple being its proven itself time and time again. Or should i be different and go with the saleen supershaker. Saleen has proven to be reliable and has really caught my eye. Problem is i had always wanted to run a 3inch cowl hood and it would defeat the purpose of having the supershaker but then im stuck here thinking just forget about the hood and go with the functional peice. who has the supershaker and could tell me what comes in the kit? I know its great that the whipple comes with gt500 fuel components and spark plugs and so on and the supershaker, well i dont know what it comes with. lol HELP
Old 4/19/10, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If your serious about the Saleen than go to Brenspeeds website or talk to them. Their isn't anyone that knows the Saleen better then them and they have about 6 different packages priced including the super shaker kit. One stop shopping!!
Old 4/19/10, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a Saleen Supershaker, I bought it from Jim at JDM. I could not be happier with it. I boost @ 10lbs, and it looks great sitting on top of the car. The best part is that no HOT AIR flows in. Nice cool air all the time. The setup is not difficult as well. Want to be different ? Get a hole cut and go SUPA SHAKER !

You can see my Car in my domain in my sig. Click on The Wolf. I think I have several pics of everything installed.
Old 4/19/10, 03:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ninjak
I have a Saleen Supershaker, I bought it from Jim at JDM. I could not be happier with it. I boost @ 10lbs, and it looks great sitting on top of the car. The best part is that no HOT AIR flows in. Nice cool air all the time. The setup is not difficult as well. Want to be different ? Get a hole cut and go SUPA SHAKER !

You can see my Car in my domain in my sig. Click on The Wolf. I think I have several pics of everything installed.

thank you, i love the whine and how clean of an install it is plus your car looks great. Do you have a list of what came with the kit( injectors, BAP, plugs, etc) and so on? Plus how much did it cost to go through jdm? feel free to PM me if you dont want to post the price. How complete of a kit is as compared to a whipple? What kind of power is this thing putting out of 10psi? It seems a bunch of people are going whipple these days but yes i do want to be different. Still dont see THAT many people with a supershaker on there car. thanks again.
Old 4/19/10, 03:18 PM
Cobra Member

oh and im sure this has been asked a million times but how much of a deal is rain? either getting sucked in the blower or into the engine bay?
Old 4/19/10, 03:21 PM
GT Member

If you really want blower whine, get a Techo, or how ever you spell it. I'm sure you could get a smoking deal on one of those.

Tim
Old 4/19/10, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mustangbaxter
If you really want blower whine, get a Techo, or how ever you spell it. I'm sure you could get a smoking deal on one of those.

Tim

i dont know about that, if you look at brenspeeds site they have it for 7g's and i doubt i would find it for much less
Old 4/19/10, 03:33 PM
GT Member

I just figured that since they went out of business a year or so ago, you could find one cheap. Thats what I get for not looking first.
Old 4/19/10, 03:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mustangbaxter
I just figured that since they went out of business a year or so ago, you could find one cheap. Thats what I get for not looking first.

when i make phone calls i guess i wouldnt hurt to get more info on it and b*tch my way down on the price or atleast try. but im 90% leaning towards this supershaker, its really catching my eye.
Old 4/19/10, 08:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by classix_stang289
thank you, i love the whine and how clean of an install it is plus your car looks great. Do you have a list of what came with the kit( injectors, BAP, plugs, etc) and so on? Plus how much did it cost to go through jdm? feel free to PM me if you dont want to post the price. How complete of a kit is as compared to a whipple? What kind of power is this thing putting out of 10psi? It seems a bunch of people are going whipple these days but yes i do want to be different. Still dont see THAT many people with a supershaker on there car. thanks again.
Hey thanx

Ok lets see....

The Kit is pretty complete. You get the charger of course, which is your intake, you get the belt..a very nice one I might add, think its a gator...you get the Injectors, and the HTO cold plugs.

I bought the KB Bap. I was not going for HUGE power, so for me, the bap does the job just fine. Also with all the GT500 pumps I have seen on sale, I can always add it later. I am @ 435~440rwhp. I was @ 422 when it was done, but it was a very heat soaked and humid day. So Chris, my tuner, dialed it in super conservative, because I still have a stock clutch and drivetrain. When I went to a dyno party, I made 440. It feels like that's where its at as well. So I have not messed with it. Both tuners told me I had plenty left, so maybe one day I will up the power once I upgrade my clutch.

I believe I paid 4800 for my SS from JDM. I know it was under 5k easily. I have the invoice somewhere. I got a great deal on it, and that's why I pulled the trigger. I already had the CDC shaker, so heh this was the obvious choice for me. You can hear the wine, but its not overpowering from inside the car. People have told me though that the car hearing from the outside sounds sweet. I heard it on the Dyno, and yeah it does sound pretty sweet.

Drivability is great. As far as rain, there are hoses and a water box that drains away the water. The air filter is in a water air bag, that is very very fine mesh. It allows the air thru, but keeps water and debris out. It's in there at a angle, and it very efficient. Just cleaned my filter, and it was barely dirty after nearly a year. And yes, I drive my car . I very happy with it, and as I said, I already had a hole cut. But its very different, and it will make you stand out. People will wonder what you have, and heh most will not even understand you have a supercharger.

I have a few pics..take a look.

The red is where the air filter is. That is the Shaker without the lid.

The intake with just the TB

Side view

Top view

Hood close

Old 4/20/10, 06:17 PM
Cobra Member

i love it! i am dead set on this now!
Old 4/20/10, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Roush TVS.
Old 4/21/10, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by NastyStang113
Roush TVS.
we all know how you love the roush tvs lol. But its not something im interested in, heard great things about it though.
Old 4/21/10, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, whatever you get, welcome to the club!!
Old 4/21/10, 06:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RMB427R
Well, whatever you get, welcome to the club!!

i will be ordering with in a week and i am going SuperShaker! I cant wait, time feels like its moving so **** slow lol.
Old 4/21/10, 07:38 PM
V6 Member

i will be ordering with in a week and i am going SuperShaker! I cant wait, time feels like its moving so **** slow lol.
You will be happy with the Saleen and JDM!!!
Old 4/22/10, 05:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I don't care what type you get , it will bring a smile to your face ... Welcome to the club ...
Old 4/22/10, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

W00t ! another Supa Shaker! in da mix. Welcome to the club,

SuperShaker Division !

Last edited by Ninjak; 4/22/10 at 07:52 PM.
Old 4/23/10, 04:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ninjak
W00t ! another Supa Shaker! in da mix. Welcome to the club,

SuperShaker Division !

i dont know about that anymore, the kit isnt as complete as i was hoping. i been talking to brenspeed via email about what i was looking for and i would have to buy some extra stuff that would jack up the total to around $6800....yikes

i could get a Whipple 550hp HO kit over at lethal for 6400 and be set with plugs, fuel system and so on. i just dont know.
Old 4/23/10, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

i dont know about that anymore, the kit isnt as complete as i was hoping. i been talking to brenspeed via email about what i was looking for and i would have to buy some extra stuff that would jack up the total to around $6800....yikes

i could get a Whipple 550hp HO kit over at lethal for 6400 and be set with plugs, fuel system and so on. i just dont know.
Talk to JDM. I am not sure what Brenspeed is doing, but I do know I save a ton at JDM. My kit came with everything but the extra feul system. In truth, not to many kits are comming with fuel pumps unless its a special setup from a installer/shop. Like lethal..ect

Quick Reply: Getting Blown!