GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Fuel Pump TSB 06-9-9 Question

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/07, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fuel Pump TSB 06-9-9 Question

Anyone know if the dreaded fuel pump hesitation only pertains to long drive... then stopping... then trying to accelerate? Or also long drive... then attempting to pass, punching it.. and having it fall on it's face? Haven't taken a long cruise yet, but a few weeks ago I was on Highway 49 (mountain highway) cruising for about 45 min... and at about 50. Two lanes were merging into 1, so I jammed the throttle to pass a truck in other lane.. car bucked for about a half sec.. then engaged.. then cut off.. then engaged. after after 3-4 seconds, it engaged for my flyby. Thx
Old 12/5/07, 01:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

That sounds exactly like the 06-9-9 TSB. If you look up the TSB it describes exactly what you are asking. Hesitation upon giving it some gas after a long, steady cruise.
Old 12/5/07, 06:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Yup, had it happen that way for me also.
Old 12/5/07, 06:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Yep. Get'er fixed. Ford gave me a new pump and sender unit- no problems since then (goes to knock on wood).
Old 12/5/07, 07:11 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by tom281
Yep. Get'er fixed. Ford gave me a new pump and sender unit- no problems since then (goes to knock on wood).
x 2 man

geez just thinking about this made me start shaking me head remembering - MAN that was annoying as heck - always used to stress after coming out of a tollbooth and being AFRAID to punch it (driving a Mustang - and afriad to punch it??? WTF )

Do it man - you will be majorly happy

(if you want to make it even easier for the service guys, pull your backseat yourself so they have one less thing to worry about - that's what I did)
Old 12/5/07, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
back to stock..

I have this problem and have been putting it off for sometime just because I am not driving my car on long drives that much...but I really need to get it fixed. I just don't want to put my stock air box back on and retune back to stock..I know it only takes a min. but I wonder if my ford dealership would give me a hard time? I have a supercharger ready to install also and wanted to get it fixed before I put it on for sure....all I need is some type of hestation at boost......any input?
Old 12/5/07, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for all the input. I removed my braided hose Moroso oil separator and C&L CAI, and returned all to stock. Had to take it in today (warranty) for a dead battery issue.. so I also took the 06-9-9 TSB with me and explained my issue. Dealership agreed to keep the car for an electrical system test/ new battery and fuel pump issue. Told em I don't want them rackin' up miles trying to dupicate the problem as it happens sporatically. They said their factory warranty rep was in tomorrow (Thu) and they'd discuss. Hoping they just decide to swap out the fuel pump/sending unit.
Old 12/6/07, 12:47 AM
whs
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is in currently for the fix, taking a bit longer than I would like but they are fixing the hood latch, and replacing the cowling on the driver's side.
Old 12/6/07, 05:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 91svtcoupe
I have this problem and have been putting it off for sometime just because I am not driving my car on long drives that much...but I really need to get it fixed. I just don't want to put my stock air box back on and retune back to stock..I know it only takes a min. but I wonder if my ford dealership would give me a hard time? I have a supercharger ready to install also and wanted to get it fixed before I put it on for sure....all I need is some type of hestation at boost......any input?
That is exactly what I did.... I had mine fixed the week before the blower install.

My car went to the dealer with: JLT cai, custom tune, OBD port taped off with a note that said "DO NOT ALTER COMPUTER TUNE", delete plates, pullies, offroad H pipe, Borlas, 4.10 gears, CDC shaker, Pro5.0 shifter, etc etc. Dropped it off at 7am, picked it up at 2pm. No questions asked, no miles on the car..... every dealer is different I guess.