GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP/Stingers Evaluation

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/07, 10:04 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,706 Posts
Originally Posted by GrabberOgre
I think you would be happy with the GTA's.They sound better than stock and not so loud.I remember my Javelin SST w/390 strret car.The darn thing had a 525 lift cam and two chamber Flows running 3" pipe.It was really loud so the Stingers aren't didly compared to that ride.My wife wore earplugs in that car.
Now that my wife and hit the big five-O last year the Stingers are perfect for us old gray hairs cruzing in a new hot rod.
this old gray hair is only 2 years behind you so just don't want to lose what hearing I have left otherwise I'd literally go insane if I were no longer able to listen to my Black Sabbath collection anymore but when you mention the 2 chamber Flows on you're old Javelin SST man does that bring back memories of my old 70 Road Runner days some 28 years ago and what's really sad about it more than anything else is ? it seems as the older you get, the faster time flies that much quicker..and who knows ? I may still consider going with the Stingers that is if my buddy Pat was serious about willing to give me a hand hint, hint lol. Guess I have all winter long to think about it, so there's no real hurry..
Old 1/22/07, 05:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
this old gray hair is only 2 years behind you so just don't want to lose what hearing I have left otherwise I'd literally go insane if I were no longer able to listen to my Black Sabbath collection anymore but when you mention the 2 chamber Flows on you're old Javelin SST man does that bring back memories of my old 70 Road Runner days some 28 years ago and what's really sad about it more than anything else is ? it seems as the older you get, the faster time flies that much quicker..and who knows ? I may still consider going with the Stingers that is if my buddy Pat was serious about willing to give me a hand hint, hint lol. Guess I have all winter long to think about it, so there's no real hurry..
Old 2/16/07, 07:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well that didn't take long... I removed the Stingers tonight and re-installed the Flowmasters. I could not get use to the drone. That's too bad, as they did sound good, but the discomfort of the drone ruin the the whole listening experience.
Old 2/16/07, 10:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Well that didn't take long... I removed the Stingers tonight and re-installed the Flowmasters. I could not get use to the drone. That's too bad, as they did sound good, but the discomfort of the drone ruin the the whole listening experience.
Sorry the Stingers didn't work out for you.

I have to say, they aren't for everyone. For me, the first time was a charm in picking the over-axle & O/R-H. I love this sound combo and wouldn't have it any other way!

The Flows are great. In fact, wayback when, the American Thunders were my first choice... until I saw/heard GhostGT's vid clip.
Old 2/17/07, 07:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Sorry the Stingers didn't work out for you.

I have to say, they aren't for everyone. For me, the first time was a charm in picking the over-axle & O/R-H. I love this sound combo and wouldn't have it any other way!

The Flows are great. In fact, wayback when, the American Thunders were my first choice... until I saw/heard GhostGT's vid clip.
Yeah, They're difinitely not for everyone. I thought that I could man-up, but failed...lol. I have owned exhaust set-ups before that droned, but this was beyond my expectations. Some even say that the Flows drone, but honestly I don't think so... That being said, I thought that my tolerance for drone would be high... wrong again. Oh well, back to the drawing boards...