GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP Lowering Springs Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/08, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRPP Lowering Springs Pictures

I was wondering if anyone had any out of box pictures of the FRPP lowering springs part # M-5300-K out of the box. The ones that were shipped to me don't look like the one's on FRPP website.
Old 9/25/08, 12:05 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post a pic of what you've got and I should be able to tell... I think those are what I've got. I'd have to double check the part #, but I'm pretty sure that's it.
Old 9/25/08, 12:09 PM
Cobra Member

My springs are a brighter blue than most pics you see on vendor websites

Mine also have the part number on the springs (this is front, hence the F at the end of the part number)

Last edited by Shotokan1509; 9/25/08 at 12:26 PM.
Old 9/25/08, 12:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Those are a brighter blue (like you said) than mine, but same part number.
Old 9/25/08, 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't have any pictures on my computer at work, but I do have some more information on my springs. The company that I ordered them from Blue Oval Industries was selling them labeled as "Ford Racing Lowering 1.5 Springs". After my mechanic looked at them he said those aren't M-5300-K's. I found the part number on them to be 5310-FA22-H. I called the guy at BOI and he told me that they were Ford Racing Springs and that they would lower the car. I told him that I would e-mail him pictures from my home PC and that they look nothing like the M-5300-K's. Of course he didn't recieve the e-mail. For some reason the e-mail wouldn't send from my PC. I then had to go to work and couldn't fool with it. Finally, I called FRPP directly to cut through the BS. I spoke with Tom, very nice guy by the way, who told me that he could not find the part and to call him later and he would have an answer.But he did ask me where I got them from and said that "he would research it". In the interim, I called back to BOI and talked with the salesman who then told me that these springs were some sort of deal between FRPP and Foose/ Unique Perfomance for the Foose Stallions. Everybody knows what happened with that. He then told me that the front springs that he sent me were wrong and were for the convertible. He said that he would send the coupe front springs and that I could send back the others at no expense to me. This made me feel a little better. But to be on the cautious sid I still called Tom with FRPP back. He then told me, that like everything else that was involved with Unique Performance, these springs were some half messed up deal. The deal with FRPP fell through and that certain vendors had gotten their hands on the remaining mass quantities. If I understood him correctly, I think he called BOI, because he said something to the effect of, " the owner of the website is changing it".He also said that the springs would lower the car and not cause problems. I will say this if my car is not lowered to the heighth that was advertised I will do something about it. I am going to measure the car before and after and will take pictures. But they were made by FRPP and I did get them for 140.00 shipped so I'm going to try them.
Old 9/25/08, 04:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I want some of those but all wishes are on hold for now.$$$
Old 9/25/08, 04:44 PM
Cobra Member

The look the same as mine. Maybe its your flash?

Old 9/25/08, 07:52 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^That's what I got.^^^
Old 9/25/08, 08:32 PM

I also ordered k springs from BOI and got the Foose springs(I even called before hand to make sure what I was getting because of the price).

The 1st clue was the shipping label, the return addy was Classic Design Concepts out of Novi MI and on the bottom of the label it says Foose springs. Since CDC's phone # was on the label I called them to find out what was going on. Apparently BOI has them drop shipped from CDC and they are in fact Foose and not k springs even though on the BOI site they are sold as k springs.

I called BOI, John Yates, the owner, (the same guy that answered when I called the first time) answered the phone and flat out denied that they were anything but k springs to the point that he started cussing and raising h$ll. Finally he said that he would take them back and pay shipping.

I did some more checking to make sure that they were in fact not k springs. When I was sure I sent him an email saying that I would like to send them back as per our previous conversation.

He emailed me back basicly said that I would have to pay the shipping and that I wouldn't get the shipping to me refunded.

Needless to say it's off to the CC co to dispute the charge and whoever else to get my money back. Not to mention that I'll never do biz with BOI again.

He even changed his site after my email about wanting to return them.

He knows he's not sending k springs even though his site shows otherwise.

The numbers on "K" springs should be: Fronts are marked as: m5300k 226253, rears: m5300k 214883.

The springs I got have: fronts - ford racing 2006fmsf - h & rears - ford racing 2006fmsr - h.

The foose springs are softer than stock Bullitt springs and marginally firmer than GT's.

They will lower a stock GT ~ 1 - 1.25".

BTW the k springs are the same ones Shelby GT's came with.
Old 9/26/08, 05:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah I had the same label on mine from CDC. He knew that when I talked to him to and didn't devulge that information. It was only after I talked to him a 2nd time that he told me about the Foose product. I will try these out for what I paid for them. I just don't appreciate the bait and switch. Even the picture that is in place for this product is the FRPP picture of the M-5300-K's. When you enlarge the picture you see the part number. I should have the coupe front springs her and on by next Wednseday and report back with the findings.
Old 9/26/08, 06:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Hera are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails FRPP Lowering Springs Pictures-dsc07180.jpg   FRPP Lowering Springs Pictures-dsc07178.jpg   FRPP Lowering Springs Pictures-dsc07182.jpg  
Old 9/26/08, 07:45 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats the difference between the K springs and the regular Ford racing springs?
Old 9/26/08, 07:59 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by H8IMPORTS
Whats the difference between the K springs and the regular Ford racing springs?
K springs are the normal Ford racing springs... Hauss thought he was buying the M5300-K's but in reality received 2006fms's which seem to have been made specifically for Foose. As you can see, the shape of the coil's in the pics look different.. not saying that the Foose style are bad (might even be better) but again it's not what he ordered.

Last edited by Shotokan1509; 9/26/08 at 08:01 AM.
Old 9/26/08, 11:08 AM
Bullitt Member

[quote=Shotokan1509;5642034]K springs are the normal Ford racing springs... Hauss thought he was buying the M5300-K's but in reality received 2006fms's which seem to have been made specifically for Foose. As you can see, the shape of the coil's in the pics look different.. not saying that the Foose style are bad (might even be better) but again it's not what he ordered.[/quote

Can I get an AMEN?
Old 9/26/08, 12:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Amen!

Seriously, I hope it all works out. I got mine from Summit and paid $179.00 (from what I can remember). I've not dealt w/BOI, but in my book, this is definitely a red flag.
Old 9/27/08, 03:37 PM
GT Member

Yes I got the same stupid springs from blue oval industries. I have disputed the charge already. I didn't get what I paid for. I didn't pay for foose I paid for the ford racing.
Old 9/27/08, 07:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Doesn't Eibach make all the springs for Ford? Should they all not have the same spring rates and drop?
Old 9/27/08, 09:02 PM
GT Member

Yes Eibach makes them but they don't all have the same rates and drop.
Old 10/7/08, 07:50 PM

If your looking for "K" springs I bought a set from StreetsideAuto.com for $147.90 w/free shipping. Just recv'd them today, these are "K" springs w/correct numbers in a FRPP box. http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...umber=M-5300-K

I'm still working on getting my money back from BOI through my CC co.
Old 10/8/08, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Heys guys, this is the latest. 2 weeks ago, when I spoke with John at BOI he said that the front springs were for the convertible and not the coupe and that he was sorry and would send the front ones with a return label for the others. Well I was patient, and finally had enough yesterday. I sent him an e-mail wanting to know the deal and that he better respond to it today or I would be calling the Better Business Bureau about it. That got a response. I got a call from CDC yesterday morning asking what they could do to make it right. i told them just send me the right front springs for a coupe. Hell that's all I wanted in the first place. I don't even know if there's any difference, but that's not the point. He told me that's what he would do. Anyway, they are sending them. I was unable to check my e-mail yesterday but I found this cheerful response from John at BOI this morning. He asked me, " What was misleading about his ad b/c at no point did he call them K springs. And that when they were going for 200.00 everwhere else why would he be selling K springs at 120.00." Uhh, I don't know probably b/c the ad said Ford racing springs 1.5 drop and when you enlarged the picture in the ad "M-5300-K" is clearly labeled on the springs. Secondly, why would I not assume they were K springs. He never stated that they weren't anything but K's in his ad. I don't know about Chip Foose' shady @$$ deals with Ford. Also I told him that I don't know why he was charging 120.00 for them for all I know he is some big bulk buyer who can sell them for that price. Usually, I don't flame or hate on anyone but I'm just putting the word out there b/c I know from other people on this thread that he knew the deal when I confronted him on it originally. SHAME!

Oh yeah, The ad is gone off the website now.

Last edited by hauss1; 10/8/08 at 02:35 PM. Reason: add statement

Quick Reply: FRPP Lowering Springs Pictures