GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP 4.6L 3V BOSS 302 Side Exit Exhaust Kit

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/12, 04:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I placed an order for the FRPP side pipes and all the needed gaskets and spacers. I will post pics when I get everything. I ordered the Vibrant SS pipe from Amazon as they has the best price ($53) and free shipping.

I am thinking of getting the QTP302 cutouts though. I think they will be a nice addition. That way I can control the sound early in the morning and not annoy all of my neighbours!
Old 6/3/12, 03:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good idea. Can't wait to see and hear it
Old 6/16/12, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Still waiting on parts from Toulsey Ford. Last email from them stated they have everything but the gastkets and those are slated to ship to them near the end of the month. I have been having so many problems lately with ordering stuff from Ford, and having them tell me it is on backorder!
Old 6/18/12, 11:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Just what part of "instant gratification" don't they understand ?
Old 6/29/12, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know if this specific kit is indeed shipping at this point?
Old 6/29/12, 06:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I finally got my side exhaust and all the needed parts to connect it up. I am going to visit my exhaust guy and book a time for him to ge it done. I can't wait.
Old 7/4/12, 03:33 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sean,
Which dealership did you get the parts from?

I'm wondering about how this is gone....and since I already have a Ford Racing XPipe, I'm wondering if this is a cheaper way to go, and how easy it would be to have an exhaust shop cut/weld into the X and attach the side pipes.

Anyone else chime in on this?
Old 7/4/12, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Pete,

I ordered them from Toulsey Ford over the Internet. Being that Windsor is a border city to Detroit, I just ordered the parts from them and there is a mailbox service company in Detroit that I have all my internet orders shipped too. t saves on all those stupid brokerage fees for us Canucks!

I have all the parts now, I am just waiting for an appointment with custom exhaust guy here in the city that has a great reputation. He wants to see everything first and put the car up on a lift to know what he is getting into first before telling me how much he charges.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I also got the QTP cutouts and will be installing them at the same time.

Originally Posted by Boomer
Sean,
Which dealership did you get the parts from?

I'm wondering about how this is gone....and since I already have a Ford Racing XPipe, I'm wondering if this is a cheaper way to go, and how easy it would be to have an exhaust shop cut/weld into the X and attach the side pipes.

Anyone else chime in on this?
Old 7/4/12, 09:36 PM
I Have No Life

That's awesome.
I don't think I'd front the coin for the QTPs. Although they are pretty awesome.

My parents live near N.Falls, so I guess I could do the same.
What was the final total price wise after all was said and done.
PM if you don't want to post.
Old 7/4/12, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I had QTPs in a while ago and they were awesome. Unfortunately they didn't hold up through a rough winter in Boston. The motors got salt/water in them and siezed. It was partly my fault for parking in spots that weren't fully dug out, which was a factor of living in the city where parking was near impossible when a storm hits.
Old 7/5/12, 05:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

It cost me $492 for the exhaust parts from Toulsey Ford. I also ordered a stainless steel J-pipe that is to be used to fab up the connector pipes

Amazon.com: Vibrant 2605 2" Stainless Steel U-J Mandrel Bent Tubing: Automotive Amazon.com: Vibrant 2605 2" Stainless Steel U-J Mandrel Bent Tubing: Automotive

Originally Posted by Boomer
That's awesome.
I don't think I'd front the coin for the QTPs. Although they are pretty awesome.

My parents live near N.Falls, so I guess I could do the same.
What was the final total price wise after all was said and done.
PM if you don't want to post.
Old 7/5/12, 06:45 AM
I Have No Life

Awesome!
Thanks for the info.
I'm curious to see how this turns out and how it sounds.

Seems like no one has done this for the 3V yet.

*** edit.. am I going nuts or is the FRPP part number for 2010. Says nothing on their site about 2005-09 (although the parts direct does)
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=22346

Last edited by Boomer; 7/5/12 at 07:09 AM.
Old 7/22/12, 06:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well I had the Boss side exhausts installed yesterday by my exhaust guy in town. When I dropped it off in the morning he said to me (and the wife) that doing this would probably not change any of the sound cause the side pipes are coming off the H pipe at a 90 degree angle and not much would flow to them. I told him to just proceed and the wife was just looking at me thinking, you are spending how much to maybe not make a difference!

Well a couple hours later he called me and wanted to make the connection point differently. He wanted more flow to the side pipe, so he mated the connectors tothe H-pipe just after the cats on the angled porioned on the H pipe. He said it would flow much better. I said do it, just as long as I can still hook up my QTP cutouts to it and he said yes.

So I get a call from him later to say he is done and he says it is loud! I gave him a set of 3/4" custom exhaust restrictor plates to use and he says the system is loud. I am going to look at getting the QTP cutouts installed today after I picked it up in a bit.

The work I had him do at the same time, was install Magnaflow Magnapacks 10416 resonators in the factory pipe before the axle and weld in a bung on the H-pipe before the cat on the drivers side. He charged me 6 hours labour to do the install.

The fun part now is getting the QTP cutouts installed.

I will take pictures and some HD videos of the before sound and the after sound, after the QTP's are installed.
Old 7/22/12, 08:43 AM
I Have No Life

Can't wait to hear this
Old 7/22/12, 08:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just picked it up and WOW!

The sound is perfect with the 3/4" restrictor plate. I am going to remove the plate when I take it to my garage and see what the difference is like. I might not use the QTP cutouts after all!

Last edited by SeanD; 7/22/12 at 11:38 AM.
Old 7/22/12, 09:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SeanD
It cost me $492 for the exhaust parts from Toulsey Ford. I also ordered a stainless steel J-pipe that is to be used to fab up the connector pipes

Amazon.com: Vibrant 2605 2" Stainless Steel U-J Mandrel Bent Tubing: Automotive
Hey Sean... so the $492 from Tousley, was that for the FRPP kit M-5220-3VMB?
Old 7/22/12, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Doogie

Hey Sean... so the $492 from Tousley, was that for the FRPP kit M-5220-3VMB?
No. That was for the individual pieces less the x-pipe as I have the kooks LT with h-pipe installed.

I just got to my garage. Time to take some pictures and some had video using my GoPro.
Old 7/22/12, 12:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Been waiting a long time for this Sean. Really looking forward to seeing this setup!

Tob
Old 7/22/12, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Initial pics from under the car. My exhaust guy didn't get any shots of the underside when the car was up on the lift (****!), so I just got under the car while it was jaced up and took a couple pics of the connections.

Name:  IMG_1762.jpg
Views: 1633
Size:  128.1 KB
Name:  IMG_1761.jpg
Views: 1756
Size:  150.2 KB

I just now have to figure out how to get some of the videos posted. Never done it before.
Old 7/22/12, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

So I forgot to mention that I removed the restrictor plate entirely and the sound is just awesome! I went out for a quick ride with the wife and we both loved it. Cruising sound is good and when you step on it, it sounds like a friggin race car. No raspy tinny sounds coming from it at all.

I am still thinking about the QTP302 cutouts. I tried to see how they would fit and I didn't think they would, but I talked to my exhaust guy just awhile ago and he assured me that they would fit, as he mocked up everything with the cutout attached. I will have to go uner there again this weekend and check it out againl.

I am going to try and get some driving videos with the GoPro attached to the trunk, so you can here it from outside. I might try and see if I could get the wife to record a drive by somewhere in the county. Trying to find a good empty road to do that on, is hard around here. Seems every road has someone on it lately!

Quick Reply: FRPP 4.6L 3V BOSS 302 Side Exit Exhaust Kit