GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Forging internals?

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/12, 07:42 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forging internals?

What would be the best way to go about forging my internals? Should I but the pistons and rods and pay someone to forge it or just buy a block from mmr? Realistic goals of mine would be 550rwhp until I can get a good fuel system and afford a stronger tranny. I want to forge it the cheapest way possible. I live near Atlanta so if anyone knows a good person to forge it around here let me know!
Old 9/26/12, 07:48 PM
V6 Member

I use JB weld to forge mine...
Old 9/26/12, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am interested in this too. What is the typical cost to have a stroker kit installed?
Old 9/27/12, 05:27 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by twr437
I use JB weld to forge mine...
I've heard it's good for up to 37,500 rwhp
Old 9/27/12, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm going to keep my internals soft and gooey; "forging internals" sounds painful.
Old 9/27/12, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

LMAO!!! Wow, you buy forged internals
Old 9/27/12, 09:57 AM
V6 Member

You guys know what I was getting at so why all the smartass replies....this is why I don't come on this forum anymore....
Old 9/27/12, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Not being a smartass, just telling you that you buy forged internals, you don't buy unforged internals and than have someone forge them. Forging them is the process used to make them
Old 9/27/12, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

And don't get all butt-hurt about all of the smart-*** replies. They just think that it's simple widely known information. Maybe next time you ask a question do some research on your own or maybe since you obviously didn't know what they are ask the question "what exactly is forged internals?", oh and a suggestion make friends with a mechanic
Old 9/27/12, 10:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think forged rotating assemblies cost somewhere around $2500. You're looking at a lot of labor. I'd guess 6hrs r&r the motor, spending 4 or 5 hundred bucks at the machine shop (it'd be best to let them get the rotating assembly), plus all the gaskets and bs that go along with rebuilding an engine. I'd say plan on spending somewhere around 4 grand. But IMO there's no reason to spend that unless you're gonna go FI and beat the **** out of your car. From what I understand, the rods are the weak point in the modulars, they like to stretch.
Old 9/27/12, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

"And don't get all butt-hurt about all of the smart-*** replies. They just think that it's simple widely known information. Maybe next time you ask a question do some research on your own or maybe since you obviously didn't know what they are ask the question "what exactly is forged internals?", oh and a suggestion make friends with a mechanic"

LMAO took you 22 minutes to add to your second helpful post, get it all out, big fella, thats it...LMAO

Last edited by Womprat; 9/27/12 at 05:59 PM.
Old 9/27/12, 06:26 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by black9D5
You guys know what I was getting at so why all the smartass replies....this is why I don't come on this forum anymore....

Really? You've made a whole 29 posts... and now you're going to leave already? lol

What other bizarro questions/comments have you made to get (alleged) smartass replies??

My initial thought was how in the world do you think you can forge particle metal rods that have already been manufactured? You do know how the stock rods and the stock hypereutectic pistons are made right????

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/27/12 at 06:28 PM.
Old 9/27/12, 06:34 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by McNassty
And don't get all butt-hurt about all of the smart-*** replies. They just think that it's simple widely known information. Maybe next time you ask a question do some research on your own or maybe since you obviously didn't know what they are ask the question "what exactly is forged internals?", oh and a suggestion make friends with a mechanic
Let me break it down for you since you wanna be a ****.
1)I know what forged internals are
2)you wanna tell me how I should do research on my own when you asked how to sea foam. Maybe you should try google also.
3)I'm fully aware that you buy forged internals
Old 9/27/12, 06:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by muscledom
I think forged rotating assemblies cost somewhere around $2500. You're looking at a lot of labor. I'd guess 6hrs r&r the motor, spending 4 or 5 hundred bucks at the machine shop (it'd be best to let them get the rotating assembly), plus all the gaskets and bs that go along with rebuilding an engine. I'd say plan on spending somewhere around 4 grand. But IMO there's no reason to spend that unless you're gonna go FI and beat the **** out of your car. From what I understand, the rods are the weak point in the modulars, they like to stretch.
Thanks man I think I'm just gonna get one from mmr
Old 9/27/12, 06:37 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

That's probably the best way to go. When you're looking for an engine serious enough to need forged internals, better get the pros to build it for you.
Old 9/27/12, 06:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Really? You've made a whole 29 posts... and now you're going to leave already? lol

What other bizarro questions/comments have you made to get (alleged) smartass replies??

My initial thought was how in the world do you think you can forge particle metal rods that have already been manufactured? You do know how the stock rods and the stock hypereutectic pistons are made right????
Look when I was referring to someone forging them I meant me getting the pistons and Rods and paying someone to assemble it all vs buying a preassembled and balance block from mmr.
Old 9/27/12, 06:44 PM
Banned

Honestly, I'd really suggest talking to a guy that builds motors before you drop 2.5k. Machine shop guys are weird about ppl buying the wrong ****. Take the shop I deal with, Express Engines in Deland, FL. Great guys, always look at me like I have 3 heads ( I have a shaved head, a Boston accent, and drive a mustang. LITERALLY all of the guys that work there have mullets, handle bar mustaches, and drive Chevys.). They mostly build race boat motors but they'll **** with anything that makes stuff move lol. I digress, if you let the shop get the parts you'll have 0 problems because they'll order what they know they need. I'm a big proponent of letting the shop get the parts, for the most part. Talk to an expert.
Old 9/27/12, 06:46 PM
Banned

Disregard, just realized you said you were gonna buy a short block. Doh lol
Old 9/27/12, 06:48 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Look when I was referring to someone forging them I meant me getting the pistons and Rods and paying someone to assemble it all vs buying a preassembled and balance block from mmr.
Old 9/27/12, 06:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by muscledom
Disregard, just realized you said you were gonna buy a short block. Doh lol
Now worries lol thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Forging internals?