GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Ford Racing X-pipe - who has installed??

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/07, 07:46 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford Racing X-pipe - who has installed??

Anyone on here installed this bad boy?.....

Results?... Impressions?....
Old 3/6/07, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed the FRPP X-Pipe and FRPP GTA mufflers and have been very happy with the setup. Easy install, but the X-Pipe does require cutting of the stock H-Pipe. Great sound, and no drone, and an x pipe provides a slight performance increase over and h pipe. Here is a link:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=53375
Old 3/6/07, 08:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have one and put it on the same time as the GTA Mufflers. Can't tell you much about it though.
Old 3/6/07, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Burke, you'll like an X-pipe addition. Mine's added to the FRP Borla Stingers and while it doesn't change the drone that this exhaust is prone to, it really smooths out the exhaust flow - to the point that you can feel and hear the difference. A bunch of us put our impressions on the site a while back (Spring-Summer 06 I think) so take a look and you'll get alot more info. For the money, this was one of those mods that I was impressed with and glad I put in. Soon as the weather (snow) clears up here a bit, I'll be attaching a Corsa exhaust to the X.....should be good !!

Mark
Old 3/6/07, 08:52 PM
Big Falken Tires

Thanks for the input so far guys

I am thinking the Xpipe might be the heap/easy midpipe solution I am looking for.....
Old 3/6/07, 08:57 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by Original Sin
Burke, you'll like an X-pipe addition. Mine's added to the FRP Borla Stingers and while it doesn't change the drone that this exhaust is prone to, it really smooths out the exhaust flow - to the point that you can feel and hear the difference. A bunch of us put our impressions on the site a while back (Spring-Summer 06 I think) so take a look and you'll get alot more info. For the money, this was one of those mods that I was impressed with and glad I put in. Soon as the weather (snow) clears up here a bit, I'll be attaching a Corsa exhaust to the X.....should be good !!

Mark
Hey how you been man?

Cool - yeah I experimented about two weeks ago - installed an offroad Prochamber with my CORSAS

holy friggin god was that LOUD and obnoxious..... okay maybe for a weekend driver but NOT my daily driver - put stock mufflers on and it was more tolerable. Then followed MTAS's example and went with Hooker Aerochambers.... really like them and the sound was a lot better - but at WOT, there was still this loud metallic obnoxious sound that drove me NUTS which I am attributing to NO cats. Some people liked it - it bugged me.

So the Prochamber came off and the Hookers stayed on. Going to sell the PC and the Corsas.... and looking for an easy midpipe alternative.
Old 3/7/07, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I did the install as well and have a writeup on it under TacoBill's hotlink thread.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...12&postcount=1

I removed it though after a month and installed a Magnaflow hi-flow catted X as my FRPP X was poorly crafted. I didn't notice it during the install probably due to talking all the pictures mixed with the excitement and fear of cutting up my brand new Mustang with 2500 miles on it but the X I had gotten didn't fit correctly. It was fine at first however my car started to develop an exhaust leak and major loss of power when it was on. Nothing loosend up but the issue was if you put the X on the ground it didn't lay flat, it wobbled much like a table or chair would if the legs where uneven. I got a great deal on the Magnaflow out the door from Steeda and went that instead of trying to get another X from Ford but that is just my experiance from it.
Old 3/7/07, 11:20 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by GPStang06
I did the install as well and have a writeup on it under TacoBill's hotlink thread.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...12&postcount=1

I removed it though after a month and installed a Magnaflow hi-flow catted X as my FRPP X was poorly crafted. I didn't notice it during the install probably due to talking all the pictures mixed with the excitement and fear of cutting up my brand new Mustang with 2500 miles on it but the X I had gotten didn't fit correctly. It was fine at first however my car started to develop an exhaust leak and major loss of power when it was on. Nothing loosend up but the issue was if you put the X on the ground it didn't lay flat, it wobbled much like a table or chair would if the legs where uneven. I got a great deal on the Magnaflow out the door from Steeda and went that instead of trying to get another X from Ford but that is just my experiance from it.
COOL - thanks for the input!

What axlebacks are you running? Would dig hearing that in person since I am thinking about midpipes again. Weston isn't too bad a drive for me as I head down to Sunrise to see my brother pretty often....
Old 3/7/07, 11:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Then followed MTAS's example and went with Hooker Aerochambers.... really like them and the sound was a lot better - but at WOT, there was still this loud metallic obnoxious sound that drove me NUTS which I am attributing to NO cats. Some people liked it - it bugged me.
And next week, FFII gets a complete color makeover to Mineral Gray Gotta pull your chain on that mate
Old 3/7/07, 11:29 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by MTAS
And next week, FFII gets a complete color makeover to Mineral Gray Gotta pull your chain on that mate

Old 3/7/07, 12:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
COOL - thanks for the input!

What axlebacks are you running? Would dig hearing that in person since I am thinking about midpipes again. Weston isn't too bad a drive for me as I head down to Sunrise to see my brother pretty often....
Sure, PM when you may be headed down this way. I may be going to Tower Shops this week, not sure yet.

The Axlebacks are FRPP/Stingers. The Magnaflow X didn't add any drone either, just changed the overall sound a bit to the deeper side. The only thing is with the Mag is since you are sitting rather close to the cats, you can hear the air flowing through the hi-flows, especially when you accelerate slowly.
Old 3/7/07, 12:33 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by GPStang06
Sure, PM when you may be headed down this way. I may be going to Tower Shops this week, not sure yet.

The Axlebacks are FRPP/Stingers. The Magnaflow X didn't add any drone either, just changed the overall sound a bit to the deeper side. The only thing is with the Mag is since you are sitting rather close to the cats, you can hear the air flowing through the hi-flows, especially when you accelerate slowly.
Good deal man - I'll do that. Thanks for the info!
Old 3/7/07, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hehehehe I told you that you wouldn't believe how loud the Corsas are with an offroad pipe...... it is an amazing difference in volume.
Old 3/7/07, 09:15 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by tom281
Hehehehe I told you that you wouldn't believe how loud the Corsas are with an offroad pipe...... it is an amazing difference in volume.
DOOOOOD - heck yeah - it was like having a Nascar race car or something
Old 3/11/07, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Burke, just great buddy, and thanks for ask'in. Been away at my first big car show the past few days (Performance World, Toronto......and won my class!!). Been puttin' together a few mods over the winter, will get a few pics posted once the weather's nice and the salt is gone from the roads. Been watchin all you guys with your "12 months of the year" driving weather with envy, been a bad winter here. Anyways, like I said up top, slap on the X and you won't regret it. Le'me know what you think when it's on.

Later brother - Mark

Hey how you been man?

Cool - yeah I experimented about two weeks ago - installed an offroad Prochamber with my CORSAS

holy friggin god was that LOUD and obnoxious..... okay maybe for a weekend driver but NOT my daily driver - put stock mufflers on and it was more tolerable. Then followed MTAS's example and went with Hooker Aerochambers.... really like them and the sound was a lot better - but at WOT, there was still this loud metallic obnoxious sound that drove me NUTS which I am attributing to NO cats. Some people liked it - it bugged me.

So the Prochamber came off and the Hookers stayed on. Going to sell the PC and the Corsas.... and looking for an easy midpipe alternative.