GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Ford Racing Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/06, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I got my Ford Racing Mufflers in today. I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I got the car jacked up, removed the first muffler and then opened up the box.......Wrong mufflers! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] So most of you are probably thinking the obvious, why didn't I check at the parts department or at least before I took the car apart. Good question, but now I'm set back another 1-1.5 weeks while I await the CORRECT ones. I have seen different posts with different descriptions on what the differences between the 3 are, but here is the DEFINITIVE differences between the three so hopefully none of you make the same mistake:

M-5230-GTQ - Slightly throatier exhaust note than stock/T-304 Stainless/3.5" Ford Racing tips/50 state legal/oval shape-chambered

M-5230-GTA - Louder throatier exheaust note than stock/T-409 Stainless/4" Polished tips (no FRPP logo)/50 state legal/oval shape-chambered

M-5230-GT - Loudest throatiest exhaust/T-304 Stainless/3.5" Ford Racing tips/49 state legal (not in CA)/proven increase in HP/TQ (im guessing not too much)/round shape-straight through design (Borla-S equivalent)

I ordered the GTA and it is NOT the Borla-S. So with those of you with the FRPP/Borla-S round/straight through mufflers, please console me and remind me why I'm doing the right thing and waiting another week and a half for these bad boys. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 05:32 PM

Why does the stingers M-5230-GT T-304 say 50 state legal at rpmoutlet
http://rpmoutlet.com/05gtford.htm I just orderd that set but I live in California. Did they lie or did I order the GTA's?
Old 2/23/06, 05:39 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DjSaL @ February 23, 2006, 6:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Why does the stingers M-5230-GT T-304 say 50 state legal at rpmoutlet
http://rpmoutlet.com/05gtford.htm I just orderd that set but I live in California. Did they lie or did I order the GTA's?
[/b][/quote]

I would trust the Ford Racing site over RPM Outlet as far as description. Definitely the same muffler but there seems to be a descrepance over 49/50 state legality. Here is the link to that part on Ford Racing:
M-5230-GT Mufflers
If you are concerned about being legal in CA I would contact Ford. I'm sure RPM outlet would refund your money as they have a misprint if this is the case. Good luck [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 10:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drooks @ February 23, 2006, 4:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I would trust the Ford Racing site over RPM Outlet as far as description. Definitely the same muffler but there seems to be a descrepance over 49/50 state legality. Here is the link to that part on Ford Racing:
M-5230-GT Mufflers
If you are concerned about being legal in CA I would contact Ford. I'm sure RPM outlet would refund your money as they have a misprint if this is the case. Good luck [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yea, thats is what I thought.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Oh well I think it should be ok I will keep the order. Allot of people say I wont be disapointed with these stingers. It's exactly what I want with the DEEP sound and louder then stock but not as loud as the loudmouths.
Old 2/23/06, 11:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DjSaL @ February 23, 2006, 11:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yea, thats is what I thought.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Oh well I think it should be ok I will keep the order. Allot of people say I wont be disapointed with these stingers. It's exactly what I want with the DEEP sound and louder then stock but not as loud as the loudmouths.
[/b][/quote]

That is what I'm counting on. From what I have read, you are making the right choice. Be sure to let us know how you like 'em!
Old 2/24/06, 07:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
First of all, the correct part number for the stingers are M-5230-5GT. And they have a 4" tip, not 3.5" as indicated on the FRPP website. As far as the 49/50 state legality goes, illegal in CA because of exhaust dB law (aka. noise polution).

I'm trying to hook up a deal with these stingers, but can't find a good price (incl. RPM Outlet $399.95 incl shipping, btw- website shows backordered status too!). John Bleakley Ford had everyone beat by a longshot at $330 (plus shipping), but they're backordered til 04/21! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Anyone come close to Bleakley's price AND has them in stock?
Old 2/24/06, 07:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Darryl - Bill is right about the correct part number for the FRP Stingers M-5230-5GT. Check out posts 23 and 55 on this: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=45288

Then......wait. IMO, the other two types from FRP are way too close to stock to spend your money on. As for the backordering......mine came in last week and like you, FRP sent a set of GTA mufflers by mistake which I quickly had sent back. My dealer Eastgate Ford then ordered the 5GT's and was told that they're backordered to the end of April. But....Eastgate Ford seems to be an amazing place and next day a set of 5GT's were waiting for me. They went in the same day, my comments are in Post #55 above along with everyone elses in that string.

Hope that helps - Mark
Old 2/24/06, 07:30 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 24, 2006, 9:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
First of all, the correct part number for the stingers are M-5230-5GT. And they have a 4" tip, not 3.5" as indicated on the FRPP website. As far as the 49/50 state legality goes, illegal in CA because of exhaust dB law (aka. noise polution).

I'm trying to hook up a deal with these stingers, but can't find a good price (incl. RPM Outlet $399.95 incl shipping, btw- website shows backordered status too!). John Bleakley Ford had everyone beat by a longshot at $330 (plus shipping), but they're backordered til 04/21! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Anyone come close to Bleakley's price AND has them in stock?
[/b][/quote]

Have you called around to any nearby Ford Racing authorized dealers? Thats what I did and they were more than willing to match bleakley's $330 price. Ended up driving to DC to pick up my stingers from them for $325. Best part was I didnt have to pay for shipping either.
Old 2/24/06, 07:39 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gkaufman @ February 24, 2006, 8:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Have you called around to any nearby Ford Racing authorized dealers? Thats what I did and they were more than willing to match bleakley's $330 price. Ended up driving to DC to pick up my stingers from them for $325. Best part was I didnt have to pay for shipping either.
[/b][/quote]
I'll give that a shot today, thanks.
Old 2/24/06, 09:20 AM
GT Member

Drooks - sorry you got to wait to get them but the wait is worth it. I got my FRPP's while my car was in the body shop and had to just stare at them for about 5 weeks. I'd polish them everyday while I waited. People would stop by my place and be like "why do you have mufflers on your coffee table?" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] They didn't understand. Anyway, you're going to feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

These mufflers rock...you won't be disapointed!
Old 2/24/06, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

For all you SoCal people, Rancho Santa Margarita Ford can order the M-5230-GT mufflers for $430 PLUS SHIPPING.

rip off. :-( I am checking Encinitas Ford in SD and Mossy.
Old 2/24/06, 12:31 PM
3rd Times A Charm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurfnSoCal @ February 24, 2006, 10:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
For all you SoCal people, Rancho Santa Margarita Ford can order the M-5230-GT mufflers for $430 PLUS SHIPPING.

[/b][/quote]

Keep me posted on these please! I will be in SoCal at the end of next month! I would love to snag some!
Old 2/24/06, 01:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurfnSoCal @ February 24, 2006, 12:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
Yup, $430/440 is no deal, it's MSRP.
No go for Mossy either... $440.
Old 2/24/06, 02:55 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 24, 2006, 8:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Good info. Would edit post but it won't let me. Glad to hear they really are 4"tips.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Original Sin @ February 24, 2006, 8:32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Darryl - Bill is right about the correct part number for the FRP Stingers M-5230-5GT. Check out posts 23 and 55 on this: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=45288

Then......wait. IMO, the other two types from FRP are way too close to stock to spend your money on. As for the backordering......mine came in last week and like you, FRP sent a set of GTA mufflers by mistake which I quickly had sent back. My dealer Eastgate Ford then ordered the 5GT's and was told that they're backordered to the end of April. But....Eastgate Ford seems to be an amazing place and next day a set of 5GT's were waiting for me. They went in the same day, my comments are in Post #55 above along with everyone elses in that string.

Hope that helps - Mark
[/b][/quote]

Thanks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheWrench @ February 24, 2006, 10:23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Drooks - sorry you got to wait to get them but the wait is worth it. I got my FRPP's while my car was in the body shop and had to just stare at them for about 5 weeks. I'd polish them everyday while I waited. People would stop by my place and be like "why do you have mufflers on your coffee table?" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] They didn't understand. Anyway, you're going to feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

These mufflers rock...you won't be disapointed!
[/b][/quote]
Hahaha [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 04:20 PM

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] I got a email from RPM outlet saying there out of stock until 4/12th. Is there a shortage on these becuase i think I saw them at summit with a long wait too. Oh well [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/doh.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 08:43 PM

Okay, the FFRP/Borla-S are definitely on backorder till late April. I could'nt wait so I got the Borla-S from Ninosport. The extra $$ is worth getting them now as opposed to 2 months from now...I think [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
I have a 3 day weekend comming up-Tues/Wed/Thur and they should be here in time for me to get them on and enjoy them a little. My Quietcar sound deadening stuff should be here tomorrow so maybe I can get it all done by the end of next Thur! Will let y'all know how it all turns out.
Old 3/2/06, 09:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drooks @ March 2, 2006, 7:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Okay, the FFRP/Borla-S are definitely on backorder till late April. I could'nt wait so I got the Borla-S from Ninosport. The extra $$ is worth getting them now as opposed to 2 months from now...I think [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
I have a 3 day weekend comming up-Tues/Wed/Thur and they should be here in time for me to get them on and enjoy them a little. My Quietcar sound deadening stuff should be here tomorrow so maybe I can get it all done by the end of next Thur! Will let y'all know how it all turns out.
[/b][/quote]
Please tell me you told Ninosports that you're a TMS member. We get a 5% discount.
I believe you enter 'TMSMEMBER' in the online store checkout, or just call.
Old 3/2/06, 10:11 PM
GTR Member

Let me chime in here... anybody put these on a convertible? I'm wondering how the interior sound/drone would compare to a coupe.

Thanks!
Old 3/3/06, 06:53 AM
V6 Member

I had to order the Borla's from LMperformance, RPMoutlets even out of stock on the more expensive part.
Old 3/3/06, 07:31 AM

Dude I had Ford install these on mey vert before I even picked it up (along with a KB 2.4L and 3.73 gears. I absolutely love the sound in the ragtop. The service department staff were all drooling at the sound of this exhaust! I don't have a problem with drone but I have only two speeds, fast and stop so maybe I never noticed the drone.

Quick Reply: Ford Racing Mufflers