GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FlowMasters

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/05, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am still pondering which exhaust system to go with for the best sound....

It struck me the other day as my wife leaves to go to the store.....you can hear our truck from the inside of our house with all the doors & windows shut as she starts it and as she takes off down the road. I have the 5.4 engine in my SuperCrew and last summer had the muffler shop do a cat-back system on it and split it into dual exhaust after the cats. He installed twin FlowMaster mufflers and the thing sounds BAD A** It has a real deep tone to it and is loud without being obnoxious! And there is absolutely no drone to it.

Has anyone tried or do they even offer FlowMasters for our '05's yet?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 1/18/05, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

There are NUMEROUS posts with this in the search engine.

Looking at the TITLE alone will get you the answers you need.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...lite=flowmaster
Old 1/18/05, 08:55 AM
Cobra Member

I had them - took them off and replace with the Magnapacks. The drone was bad. However, the sounds was very very nice. Now, the other reason I took them off was the shop that installed them did a fing horrid job. they hung different, like 1.5 inches lower than the other, they stick out different, andthey did not install both hangers. So after dealing with the shop and telling them to kiss my ****, I bough some cat-backs. Love them sooo much better: looks and sound
Old 1/18/05, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by M1Rifle@January 18, 2005, 10:06 AM
There are NUMEROUS posts with this in the search engine.

Looking at the TITLE alone will get you the answers you need.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...lite=flowmaster
OH SO SORRY I didn't do a check first!.....and YES, I DO know how to use the "Search Engine"

I see you like to point this out a lot to people, I didn't realize you were the "Hall Monitor"

I am sorry, I will now go and stand in the corner for the rest of the day.

Mike
Old 1/18/05, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Bryan for the reply and info.

.............going back to my corner now
Old 1/18/05, 09:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

I see Mike's foot in Bill's hiney...."Can't we all just get along?"

John
Old 1/18/05, 09:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

I pictured Adam Sandler doing the OH SO SORRY bit Mike....cracked me up....

P.S. I heard the Flows on Bryan's b4 he made the switch and I would vote against them compared to all the other options also....just my .02 to help ya out.....

John
Old 1/18/05, 09:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK, instead of pointing you at 4 or 5 relevant posts by sending you the search link, you're thinking that one of us should go in, do the search ourselves, read the posts for you, and summarize here?

It's a lot easier for me to give you the search link than to summarize for you. You wouldn't happent to be in management, would you?

Old 1/18/05, 09:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Old 1/18/05, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Note to everyone. FLowmaster is late to the game, they haven't released their muffler for this application. Anyone who thinks that you will get good sound AND power from slapping on any Flowmaster is nuts. This car has a longer distance between the H-pipe and the mufflers, so all the old tuning that went into mufflers is out the window.

They HAVE developed the new muffler system, it just isn't for sale yet.

I had a Super40, off the shelf muffer system that Flowmaster put on it. It didn't make power, but sounded great. I went back to stock.
Old 1/18/05, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by M1Rifle@January 18, 2005, 11:48 AM
OK, instead of pointing you at 4 or 5 relevant posts by sending you the search link, you're thinking that one of us should go in, do the search ourselves, read the posts for you, and summarize here?

It's a lot easier for me to give you the search link than to summarize for you. You wouldn't happent to be in management, would you?

Since when did I ask all the forum members to do a search for me, read all the posts and then report back to me with the results

I was looking for further responses to the FlowMasters than what I had previously read and fortunately Bryan gave me the answer I was looking for. Sometimes if you submit questions in an old post, unfortunately they don't get answered because people may not want to take the time to read through an older post that they have seen on here before, so I was just refreshing the question.

If you were just trying to guide me in the right direction, I thank you, but it didn't come across that way to me especially when you stressed "There are NUMEROUS posts with this in the search engine"

And in response to your Management question, I own an Orthodontic Dental Lab. and do have employees that I have to manage. I hope this answers your question.

Mike
Old 1/18/05, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by swingle007@January 18, 2005, 11:11 AM
I pictured Adam Sandler doing the OH SO SORRY bit Mike....cracked me up....

Old 1/18/05, 04:11 PM
Banned

got em
love em
Old 1/19/05, 04:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, Bryan answered that he had some flowmasters installed. He didn't have THE kit that they are coming out with.

Your question was: "Has anyone tried or do they even offer FlowMasters for our '05's yet?"

Going back to my post, and going back to recent posts by others on this site:

1) People have tried various Flowmasters, none of which were designed for the 2005. There is one exception, the person who had the muffler designed on his car. People have had different experiences with off-the-shelf Flowmasters on the Mustang, and only a couple have actually posted the part number (since they offer hundreds of part numbers, that means that without a part number, a thumbs up or a thumbs down is pretty useless)
2) The muffler designed for this car is not yet for sale. It does, apparently, have the "Flowmaster sound" that you are looking for, as well as making power over and above the stock system. No other muffler they sell has the power and the sound "guaranteed" on the Mustang.
Old 1/20/05, 04:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by M1Rifle@January 19, 2005, 6:05 PM
Well, Bryan answered that he had some flowmasters installed. He didn't have THE kit that they are coming out with.

Your question was: "Has anyone tried or do they even offer FlowMasters for our '05's yet?"

Going back to my post, and going back to recent posts by others on this site:

1) People have tried various Flowmasters, none of which were designed for the 2005. There is one exception, the person who had the muffler designed on his car. People have had different experiences with off-the-shelf Flowmasters on the Mustang, and only a couple have actually posted the part number (since they offer hundreds of part numbers, that means that without a part number, a thumbs up or a thumbs down is pretty useless)
2) The muffler designed for this car is not yet for sale. It does, apparently, have the "Flowmaster sound" that you are looking for, as well as making power over and above the stock system. No other muffler they sell has the power and the sound "guaranteed" on the Mustang.
I hope this is true, like I stated, I love the FlowMasters on my F-150. I also hope that there is no drone.

Should be interesting,

Thanks,

Mike
Old 1/20/05, 01:51 PM

I really hope so since i just orderd some 2 chamber 2.5" Offset/Offset Flow's i guess we will see how they work on my new BABY!
Old 1/20/05, 05:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you just ordered some, did you order them from Flowmaster and was it a 2005 specific order? Because their website doesn't list a 2005 part number yet. It's a brand new part number, a new design.

Lots of Flowmaster mufflers will fit on the Mustang. That's not the key. The key is a muffler tuned for this car's specific variables, which are way different from last years model (just moving the mufflers to the rear of the car changes the length of the pipes and the tuning of the system).