GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Flowmaster American Thunder installed

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/05 | 07:48 AM

I got a set from 21st Century Exhaust. Cost me $263 shipped to Virginia. Took about 3 days to get them. I haven't put them on yet, because both of the intake pipes have a flat spot on the tip and won't slip on the mid-pipe. The dents are right at the tip, kind of like a straw that gets a little squished at the end. I'm assuming these aren't supposed to be there, and were added by UPS. 21st Century suggested I take them to Meineke or someplace and have them round out the pipe tips. That kind of defeats the purpose of doing them myself though. Anyone know the best way to beat the intake pipe round again? :scratch:
Old 8/19/05 | 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ExSpook@August 19, 2005, 7:51 AM
I got a set from 21st Century Exhaust. Cost me $263 shipped to Virginia. Took about 3 days to get them. I haven't put them on yet, because both of the intake pipes have a flat spot on the tip and won't slip on the mid-pipe. The dents are right at the tip, kind of like a straw that gets a little squished at the end. I'm assuming these aren't supposed to be there, and were added by UPS. 21st Century suggested I take them to Meineke or someplace and have them round out the pipe tips. That kind of defeats the purpose of doing them myself though. Anyone know the best way to beat the intake pipe round again? :scratch:
Simple..... you call UPS and tell them they were damaged, and that they owe you another set. .... they'll send them and you'll have two sets.
Old 8/19/05 | 11:21 AM
Cobra Member

Anybody know yet how Flows effect the HP and TQ numbers? I remember a conversation a while ago about Flowmaster having problems dropping performance on the '05 with their muffler.
AND... if someone has a part number for the mufflers they bought.... I found the muffler for my truck a helluva lot cheaper by searching the part number online.
Old 8/19/05 | 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Has anybody heard anything about the new Hooker Axle-Backs? Is there Droning with those too?

The description says they worked that out:

Unlike most of the competition, Hooker gets it right by upgrading the classic sound of a small block Ford with a deeper tone and no resonance.

If that's true, it might be worth a try.

thinking . . . thinking . . . thinking . . . watch out . . . the wallet, ahhhh, it's opening again . . . echo, echo, echo . . . run away, run away . . .

Tom
Old 8/19/05 | 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ExSpook@August 19, 2005, 7:51 AM

mine had a flat spot on them as well. just take a pair of pliers or vise grips and clamp down on it and bend it back to round. easy fix....its pretty light gauge steel so it bends fairly easily. good luck!!!
Old 8/19/05 | 03:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by clintoris@August 19, 2005, 1:24 PM
Anybody know yet how Flows effect the HP and TQ numbers? I remember a conversation a while ago about Flowmaster having problems dropping performance on the '05 with their muffler.
AND... if someone has a part number for the mufflers they bought.... I found the muffler for my truck a helluva lot cheaper by searching the part number online.
There's another thread out here somewhere that quotes a 2.2 HP increase with torque to match for the Flows. The part number is FLO 17410 and the best price in the country is offered by 21st Century Exhaust - $245.00 plus shipping (and tax in Florida). Good luck!
Old 8/19/05 | 03:59 PM

Originally posted by holeshot@August 19, 2005, 1:09 PM
mine had a flat spot on them as well. just take a pair of pliers or vise grips and clamp down on it and bend it back to round. easy fix....its pretty light gauge steel so it bends fairly easily. good luck!!!

That did it! Back to (mostly) round thanks to the ol' vice grip trick. Good idea. They go on tomorrow.