GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Finally got retuned on the dyno at Tillman Speed! Dyno sheet posted!

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/08, 06:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Finally got retuned on the dyno at Tillman Speed! Dyno sheet posted!

After a VERY boring winter, a few nice days got me to finally bring the car out to get it re-tuned on a DynoJet. I got a PM from CR @ Tillman Speed a few weeks ago, asking if I was ready for a custom dyno tune at their new shop. Said, quote me a good price and I'll schedule a time. Low and behold, he kept his end of the equation, and so did I.

Went down last Thursday the 28th of February. Now, I live in Bucks County, which is about an hour north of the shop. I got to use my new D3 Nav to see how well it worked (flawlessly! This unit is great!!). Got there early (traffic was lighter than I figured). Walked in around 9:40 (had a 10 am) appointment. The guys there couldn't have been better. They got the Mustang that was on the rollers, off and had my car up in 5 minutes, and by the time it was up, CR came from the other shop and started on the custom tune (more on that in a minute). Told him, I had to be out by noon, and he kept his word. Only took a few pulls to get the car dialed in perfectly (and it is now). Took it to 6,000 rpm's, and with my L/Ts, it was loud inside, lol!! Let me tell you all, CR knows his stuff,(and you can see by the dyno graph below)!

Now, about the tune!! HOLY S*** comes to mind when the 1st time I stepped on it, AT HALF THROTTLE!! Could tell IMMEDIATELY that the car was different. No lag, no delay, just instant throttle acceleration, and fast as heck for only a few bolt on mods. When I left the dealership on Thursday night, I goosed it a bit, and the back end came out. So much so, I had to countersteer. Then I shifted to 2nd, and was spinning up the street! The car is a beast now! All the gears are fun! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! If anyone is local, and wants a custom dyno-tune, give CR a PM or a call. He will make your car scream!! I couldn't be happier.
Attached Thumbnails Finally got retuned on the dyno at Tillman Speed! Dyno sheet posted!-dynosheet.bmp.jpg  
Old 3/3/08, 06:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Nice!
Old 3/3/08, 06:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Custom tunes ROCK!!!
Congrats.
Old 3/3/08, 07:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks guys. Car is TOTALLY different now!
Old 3/3/08, 07:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Right on!
Old 3/3/08, 07:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are some great numbers for just a CAI and LT's!! Congrats!!
Old 3/5/08, 03:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car ran a beautiful 12.8AFR, and I'm glad you like the new throttle response! We've been testing the crap out of our new throttle values with the help of a few local customers (THANKS DREW!).

I hope it was worth the ride for ya!
Old 3/5/08, 05:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Am I going to get some of these new throttle values with my updated tunes??
Old 3/5/08, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Jeff,
Man that sounds awsome!! I just made my appointment with CR for 3/26....I cannot wait. Did you opt for the Air Raid instead of the C&L racer for any reason?...just curious.
Thanks
Old 3/5/08, 05:54 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by theedge67
Am I going to get some of these new throttle values with my updated tunes??
Yes sir!
Old 3/5/08, 06:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Thanks guys. Car is TOTALLY different now!
Wow. That's impressive. The LT's really make that much difference? I've got a Granatelli CAI (which CR was pretty impressed with) and I pulled 289 RWHP. I'm sure some of it is the intake but 14 hp difference? ****.
Old 3/5/08, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

oh man I got's to get to CR's soon!!! Jeff, glad the car rocks! CR, hope u gonna hook me up to brotha!! ha ha
Old 3/5/08, 07:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GTMark052
Jeff,
Man that sounds awsome!! I just made my appointment with CR for 3/26....I cannot wait. Did you opt for the Air Raid instead of the C&L racer for any reason?...just curious.
Thanks
Mark, I'm gonna PM you with my cell. Give me a call, and I'll tell you everything about the tune. ITS AWESOME!!!
Old 3/5/08, 07:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by superman112
oh man I got's to get to CR's soon!!! Jeff, glad the car rocks! CR, hope u gonna hook me up to brotha!! ha ha
Hey Raf, its sweet, let me tell ya. His new dyno is amazing!! Much better than the other place. Oh, and BTW, I'll be at Butler Ford for their show in April. You gonna come down bro?
Old 3/5/08, 08:37 PM
Former Vendor

Guys we truly appreciate all of the great comments. We have been preparing for this new place for quite a while now. It's nice to see that you're getting satisfying results. We've come a long way since a year ago to date, and it's cool to give people the results they expected. Let me know if there's anything we can do for you. We're getting swamped over here for racing season, so that means our annual car show is near! 29th anniversary should be the best one so far. Food, cars, and the usual rubber tracks left afterwards! Should be Sunday May 4th this year, I believe.

We'll have some new Tshirts and decals for everyone.

Jeff, I appreciate the referrals, too.

EDIT: Oh, the last question.... that's the difference in STD/SAE correction. We use SAE with smoothing at 5, unlike our competitors. That's true numbers according to the Society of Automotive Engineers. I usually print out both for our customers so that they see the difference. Actually, the local competitor just loads in a value file and prints out a HP/TQ graph that's close to what you'd make... and don't provide you with AFR's.

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed, Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com

Last edited by TillmanSpeed; 3/5/08 at 08:40 PM.
Old 3/6/08, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

What octane are you putting in it and how many degrees of timing you have in it? Other than the intake and the stingers that is my setup also. I am still running 87oct with 23 degrees of timing and making 316 last time on the local dyno.
Old 3/6/08, 08:54 AM
Cobra Member

Very nice!

Wow, Tillman is only 20 minutes from me! ...gonna have to give them a call!
Old 3/6/08, 09:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Raf, its sweet, let me tell ya. His new dyno is amazing!! Much better than the other place. Oh, and BTW, I'll be at Butler Ford for their show in April. You gonna come down bro?
I believe so.. too bad I wont have done much to the car by then.. got hit with some BS with my taxes and now I have to pay so at least from now till april i need to save all my $$$. I should be done with some friends.. i'll make sure to keep an eye out for ya! Take it easy.
Old 3/6/08, 09:13 AM
Banned

Nice tune! Sounds like you got it all with that one.
Old 3/6/08, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Guys we truly appreciate all of the great comments. We have been preparing for this new place for quite a while now. It's nice to see that you're getting satisfying results. We've come a long way since a year ago to date, and it's cool to give people the results they expected. Let me know if there's anything we can do for you. We're getting swamped over here for racing season, so that means our annual car show is near! 29th anniversary should be the best one so far. Food, cars, and the usual rubber tracks left afterwards! Should be Sunday May 4th this year, I believe.

We'll have some new Tshirts and decals for everyone.

Jeff, I appreciate the referrals, too.

EDIT: Oh, the last question.... that's the difference in STD/SAE correction. We use SAE with smoothing at 5, unlike our competitors. That's true numbers according to the Society of Automotive Engineers. I usually print out both for our customers so that they see the difference. Actually, the local competitor just loads in a value file and prints out a HP/TQ graph that's close to what you'd make... and don't provide you with AFR's.

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed, Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com

Hey CR whats good?? Glad to hear the shop is up and running.. I'll have to call you one of these days to see when I can come down and do the tune for mine. I still need to get those **** cams installed too!.. so much to do and so little time and MONEY!! ha ha

Quick Reply: Finally got retuned on the dyno at Tillman Speed! Dyno sheet posted!