GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Finally got LTs installed (Kooks)

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/08, 09:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got LTs installed (Kooks)

Well, I finally got my LT headers installed - went with Kooks with the cat'd X-pipe and such. The car sounds so much better now, more throaty then before. Guess I have to be careful when I come home late not to wake the kiddies.

At the same time the shop installed the Ford 4.10 gears in the car, she is alot quicker then before! Not sure that I am 100% loving them but will let the miles add up and see if I get used to them. If not, I probably will have the Ford 3.73s installed and see how they are.

Also while the car was there they dyno'd and tuned it. Pushing 302 to the wheels - WOO HOO!
Old 4/5/08, 09:46 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Awesome. I've got same setup with Kooks headers and 4.10's. The headers will get better. The note will mellow a little and become less raspy in about 200-500 miles. I've had mine for a couple of months and now I would not trade them for anything period. Absolutely the best thing I did. PERIOD. The 4.10's take some geting used to but again now I love them and can't imagine less. Really pulls hard in all gears but the shift from 1rst to 2nd will thow you back in your seat and it pulls really hard in 4th. 5th gear is now useable for passing and good acceleration. Congrats and enjoy. I wish I was pushing the 302 to the wheels. What other performance mods do you have. CAI, 93 tune, UDP's, CMDP's?
Old 4/6/08, 06:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Awesome. I've got same setup with Kooks headers and 4.10's. The headers will get better. The note will mellow a little and become less raspy in about 200-500 miles. I've had mine for a couple of months and now I would not trade them for anything period. Absolutely the best thing I did. PERIOD. The 4.10's take some geting used to but again now I love them and can't imagine less. Really pulls hard in all gears but the shift from 1rst to 2nd will thow you back in your seat and it pulls really hard in 4th. 5th gear is now useable for passing and good acceleration. Congrats and enjoy. I wish I was pushing the 302 to the wheels. What other performance mods do you have. CAI, 93 tune, UDP's, CMDP's?

My performance mods include...

JLT CAI, FRPP Borla Stingers, Kooks Headers w/cat'd x-pope, Ford Racing 4.10s. MGW shifter and SCT 93 Octane tune. I have many cosmetic, but that is it for performance.