GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FFW in Orlando including video of me and another TMS member...

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/06, 08:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

It was a blast and I got to meet quite a few of you guys there. I also met Lidio from Alternative auto and a few other companies. I guess the highlight of the weekend was when I pulled up beside one of my own customers in the Street Ford bracket class. I dialed in a 13.90 and he had a 13.55, we were both auto's with C&L. I had the normal C&L and he has the racer kit. I left first and got an excellent bite off the line, something I hadnt been able to do all weekend. I got about mid track and noticed I was way ahead so at about 3/4 track I let out and started tapping the brakes, I went through the traps and his win light come on?

I got around to the time stand and found I had run a 13.6 on the brakes!! The proof was in the 60ft though, I hadn't been able to get below a 2.1 all weekend for some reason with my BMR LCA's and Mickey Thompsoon DR's but I guess I got them warm enough this time as I cut a 1.98.

Like I said It couldn't have happened to a better person, Dave's car was awsome anyway as it was fully blacked out. Here's the movie of it taken by a good friend of mine. Tell me what you think...

THanks, Doug.

http://users.wildblue.net/bamachips/100_0256.MOV Dial up user's beware, it's an 18mb file...
Old 3/8/06, 08:37 PM
GT Member

Cool video! You could really tell that you hooked up well out the gates. You took off in a hurry!
Old 3/8/06, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Doug what was your reaction time on that one? Looked pretty good.

Greg
Old 3/8/06, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dam Doug... don't you hate giving away the "W" like that? Not that I would know that feeling or anything... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 3/8/06, 10:21 PM
GT Member

Doug great run- What is the member name of the guy you went up against? Both of your cars look great but I personally have to go with the station wagon that was in the next race.
Old 3/9/06, 05:55 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Great vid. I believe that was (Dave) Burke0011.
Old 3/9/06, 07:13 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah that was me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] – the Source has been acting so wacky since FFW and I have been so busy with work, I hadn’t had a chance to post anything about the weekend yet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
I just resized a bunch of pics yesterday and will be making my post about the weekend at lunch.

Lemme just say it was awesome to finally meet Doug in person [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
(and meet his wife and son). I believe Mustang Shadow (Perry) got pics of us staged on the line together so I an anxious to see those.

And Doug sure as heck did HOOK that run finally with the DRs... out of my peripheral vision I just saw him bite and GO and went 'Oh ^&*#@ - he just nailed the launch...' I got lucky and pulled it out though... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I told Doug afterwards ‘Hey, at least it was a happy customer running your tune that took the win light!’

Cool vid! (gotta add that to my DK II archives….)
Old 3/9/06, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black3V @ March 8, 2006, 11:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Both of your cars look great but I personally have to go with the station wagon that was in the next race.
[/b][/quote]

that wagon rocks!!!

did you see the dry hop, after the burn out [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

jay
Old 3/9/06, 08:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ March 9, 2006, 8:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah that was me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] – the Source has been acting so wacky since FFW [/b][/quote]

I agree about the wacky thing, and I sent an email but still have no reply.

Can't see the video, but I am sure that it is great.