GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

factory supercharger for 07?

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/07, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
factory supercharger for 07?

Please take it easy on me. Yes I used the search button and only found one reference to my questions (it said can't install on 07.) Fordracingparts.com only lists the 500 hp blower and sez it's for 05-06. Why won't they fit 07s and why isn't the 400 hp listed (it's in their catalogue however.)

Thanks for helping a newbie along.
Old 9/9/07, 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.fordracingparts.com/super...erchargers.asp
Old 9/9/07, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the link. I poked all around that site and used the search and still couldn't find it . It now lives in my bookmarks and on my mind...... and creeping into my checkbook.

Most all the posts are made by guys that like to do these kinds of things; I know my limitations and don't have what it takes to do this type of install. So....
has anyone had a dealer do the install? About how much?
Old 9/9/07, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Might have to do with the tune they supply only being for 05-06's. I'm not sure though. Best idea would be to call them and ask.
Old 9/9/07, 09:55 PM

It should take 10-12 hours to install so figure somewhere around $1,000.

I strongly recommend that if you have any mechanical inclination, are good at deductive reasoning, or can read a manual you should be able to install this kit. This experience will help you in the future in case of any type of malfunction or warranty issue.
Old 9/10/07, 06:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I take it that the reason the intercooled version will not fit the automatic is because of hp stress on the tranny?

Or is this just the "recommended" (warranty approved) uses...
Old 9/10/07, 06:51 AM
V6 Member

Since this thread has been started here I'll ask this question:

Ok, can some one clear this issue up for me? I was under the impression that if a Ford dealer installs your FRPP blower that you retain the factory warranty. Is this correct?
I started a thread in the Warranty forum but I guess not many people surf over there.
Old 9/10/07, 07:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't think it needs to be a dealer just an authorized installer. Here is a shop in my area that does roush just look around you my find one near you.

http://www.supertuneracing.com/Roush%20Performance.html
Old 9/10/07, 07:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think only the Roush ones have the warranty intact, the FRPP one has always been wishy-washy about it. It used to say yes on the website but now it infers no. The 07 kit includes the parts to retrofit the water crossover pipe the to 05/06 setup.
Old 9/10/07, 08:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll try to answer several of the questions that have been posted in here.

First of all there is suppose to be some sort of conversion that allows the Whipples to fit the 07. My understanding is that it runs about $200-$250.

In reference to the int. vs. non-intercooled - The non intercooled version is what Whipple recommends for the auto. Before I got mine at the first of the year, Whipple WOULD NOT sell me the inercooled (high output) kit once I told them it was for an automatic. I don''t know if that is still their policy or not.

I ended up going with the non-int kit and had Doug tune it. We went with the 8lb pulley instead of the 6lb that is supplied in the non-int. kit. I do plan to get an intercooler for it and hopefully reach 400+ rwhp. My dealer will honor the warranty whether it's int. or non int. You can go with the hig output kit, you may just have to dial it down so to speak so that it isn't putting down 500 rwhp. The Ford tech that installed my kit and Doug both said the auto shoud easily handle 400-430 rwhp. - Keep in mind each dealer is going to be different. some are a-holes about the whole modding deal, others are cool about it.

I did find out that the warranty for the Whipple is only valid if a Ford dealer does the work. My dealer will bend over backwards for performance guys that have modded their car, but they said they can't honor the Warranty if they or another dealer didn't install the Whipple.
Old 9/10/07, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

What is it about the higher-end (greater than 100hp+) SC's not being "allowed" on our AT's? I've heard it's because the tranny in the automatic won't withstand the higher torque from the engine.
Old 9/10/07, 09:32 AM
V6 Member

What's with all the ambiguity about the FRPP SC warranty?
Old 9/10/07, 04:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Arrow
What is it about the higher-end (greater than 100hp+) SC's not being "allowed" on our AT's? I've heard it's because the tranny in the automatic won't withstand the higher torque from the engine.
That's what Whipple says. Like I said before Doug with bamachips and the Ford tech I trust with my car with, both say the auto can withstand at least 450 rwhp. Now let me add that they say the auto tranny can handle that amount of hp if you don't drive it like a 16 year old. Basically they told me the tranny will handle that amount of hp as long as you aren't "punching it" at every stop light or stop sign.
Old 9/10/07, 05:03 PM

I've been flogging my auto trans hard for quite a while, and although I may have dinged it a little (due to a bad TC), I certainly haven't killed it yet. But I'm trying!
Old 9/10/07, 05:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by don_w
I've been flogging my auto trans hard for quite a while, and although I may have dinged it a little (due to a bad TC), I certainly haven't killed it yet. But I'm trying!

If anyone on this site will find the limits of the auto trans it will be you DON!!!
Scott
Old 9/10/07, 05:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by OKLACOP
That's what Whipple says. Like I said before Doug with bamachips and the Ford tech I trust with my car with, both say the auto can withstand at least 450 rwhp. Now let me add that they say the auto tranny can handle that amount of hp if you don't drive it like a 16 year old. Basically they told me the tranny will handle that amount of hp as long as you aren't "punching it" at every stop light or stop sign.
Like Don!
Old 9/10/07, 06:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
How much can the manual take with out driving like a 16 year old?
Old 9/10/07, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

BryanThomas...RE: S/C install...........I wouldnt count on any warranty at all from FORD. They arent worth the paper they are written on.....no matter what they promise you. You must insist on getting it in WRITING from the installing dealer that FORD will not change the warranty because of the S/C installation. THEY WONT DO IT!!!!!!!!
Old 9/10/07, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by 05 Gray GT
How much can the manual take with out driving like a 16 year old?
And if anyone has an answer to that, how about WITH driving like a 16 year old? (I'm 24 but I have not yet bled all the jackassery out of my system...)
Old 9/10/07, 09:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
And if anyone has an answer to that, how about WITH driving like a 16 year old? (I'm 24 but I have not yet bled all the jackassery out of my system...)

^ That is classic.

Quick Reply: factory supercharger for 07?