GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Exhaust system dilemma...

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/07, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't Corsas cost like $600?

That's as much as an entire manifold-back system should cost, IMO. Even if it's a good product I still say Corsa's are way too expensive.
Old 7/7/07, 07:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Every_Mn

That's as much as an entire manifold-back system should cost, IMO. Even if it's a good product I still say Corsa's are way too expensive.
Yes, they are expensive, but IMO they are worth every penny:

1) They honestly have NO DRONE, which means no headaches and no premature hearing issues. Yet they sound GREAT under acceleration.

2) They are completely stainless steel

3) They have very nice tips (IMO, one of the best out there)

4) They have a lifetime warranty

To me it's a case of "you get what you pay for". Also, I've had issues with drone before on other vehicles with aftermarket exhausts, and since my car is a highway driver, no drone was a huge selling point.
Old 7/8/07, 06:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
To me it's a case of "you get what you pay for".
I could probably buy my way into the White House with enough dough. Is it worth it in the long run? Not if you value your soul.

I don't know where I'm going with this, either, but my point remains.
Old 7/8/07, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Every_Mn

Like I said earlier, I'm getting that Pypes mid-muffler setup soon (should be in tomorrow). It costs $300, and it's a whole H-pipe and behind setup, like the catbacks on the older Mustangs are. I'm also told there's no drone and that they sound killer like an older Mustang does. I'm reserving my opinion until I get them on, but if I were you I wouldn't buy an axle-back setup.
Old 7/8/07, 11:05 AM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bingo
Like I said earlier, I'm getting that Pypes mid-muffler setup soon (should be in tomorrow). It costs $300, and it's a whole H-pipe and behind setup, like the catbacks on the older Mustangs are. I'm also told there's no drone and that they sound killer like an older Mustang does. I'm reserving my opinion until I get them on, but if I were you I wouldn't buy an axle-back setup.
I'm anxious to read your impressions of this setup, and to hear a sound clip if you can make one.
Old 7/8/07, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

This is what Im running for now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3htFQg9bU
Old 7/8/07, 01:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That sure sounds good BUT you probably have over $600 in that setup.
Old 7/8/07, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm also told there's no drone and that they sound killer like an older Mustang does.
I posted a thread last week of the Pypes mid-muffler system, off-road H and long tubes.

Very deep, deeper than an older pushrod Stang. Seemed pretty loud too.
Old 7/8/07, 07:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CrazyGreek89
Where do you get the GTA's from? Anyone have a link?

To be honest, I love the stock exhaust so far, but it's a little to low. I want something louder but nothing that will annoy me at highway speeds.
GTAs are slightly louder than stock at idle, silent at cruising speed and scream at WOT. I paid $280 at NinoSport with free shipping. Definitely the best mufflers for the money.

Corsas are excellent too but cost $650 or some crazy ****, lol. I would buy Corsas if money wasn't tight.
Old 7/8/07, 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
That sure sounds good BUT you probably have over $600 in that setup.
Not sure if that was directed at me, but Believe it or not I got my Stingers way back when before they got super popular for right around $350 and just bought the X pipe (HiFlos and Race Pipes included) for $250...so yes you are spot on
Old 7/9/07, 03:14 PM

Hey it's Mike @ GMS...

Feel free to check out our exhausts. I'll hook you up with a good price in return for feedback to the forum members. The quality is definitely there and is reasonably priced as well. T-304 stainless, bolt-on, mandrel bent, mirror polished tips, & 3" mufflers.

PM me if you like the idea.
Old 7/9/07, 03:35 PM

3" Cat-back w/ Off-road X-pipe

or

2.5" cat-back

Old 7/9/07, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Is there any difference between the Borla Stingers and the rest of the Stingers????

Right now I cannot decide whether I want SLP Loudmouths, Corsa or Borla axelbacks...
Old 7/9/07, 09:57 PM
Cobra Member

Borla Type S = FRPP Stingers = Steeda (Stingers)
Old 7/10/07, 05:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Quick question: is the corsa link working for y'all, because I haven't been able to get back on to their site for a few days
Old 7/10/07, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you ever recieve your Pypes Mid-miuffler kit?
Old 7/10/07, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you ever recieve your Pypes Mid-miuffler kit?
It's sitting on the floor now...I plan to put it in over the weekend.
Old 7/19/07, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sams66
I have the flowmaster setup (from Summit Racing about 1 yr ago for about 275). And personnally I really like them. They dont sound like the old flowmasters of old, but sound really good.

I have heard the muffler set up on the Steeda mustangs, and that sounds really good as well.

the SLP's are a little "poppy and crackly" for me but alot of people like that.

Regular Magnaflows are quieter than stock in my opinion. heard them up close and on take off several times. Have not heard the Magnapacks which are supposed to be louder.

I have heard the MAC axle back as well. that to me sounds really good. I would have got those but my wife did not want a really droning sound, and the MACs I had before really droned. I didnt really care about the drone, they sounded so good.

there are some good exhaust vids on you tube and on streetfire.net maybe those will help you make your decision. Good luck.

Sam
So if I were to go and buy 2 Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers and have them installed at my local Meineke shop, will that be the loudest setup possible?

I mean, I don't want anything extremely loud, which I feel like I am going to walk into with the SLP loudmouths. I want something that when I start up the car, it sounds like a monster at idle, and doesn't die down after a few seconds at idle like the stock exhaust.

Basically want something louder than stock both inside and outside of the car, and something i can hear when im driving on the highway with the windows up and the tunes cranked.

I guess no axlebacks or muffler replacement will do this for me huh?
Old 7/19/07, 06:10 PM
Bullitt Member

So if I were to go and buy 2 Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers and have them installed at my local Meineke shop, will that be the loudest setup possible?

I mean, I don't want anything extremely loud, which I feel like I am going to walk into with the SLP loudmouths. I want something that when I start up the car, it sounds like a monster at idle, and doesn't die down after a few seconds at idle like the stock exhaust.

Basically want something louder than stock both inside and outside of the car, and something i can hear when im driving on the highway with the windows up and the tunes cranked.

I guess no axlebacks or muffler replacement will do this for me huh?
You could always remove your insulation/sound deadening stuff.

I thought I wanted loud, too...I bought Bassani Race mufflers and they fit the bill...sounded great around the city, but I wanted to blow my head off on the highway. I don't make many highway trips, but it was still the fact that if I had to, it would be annoying. I have the stockers back on and will probably get Corsas next which have no drone at all, and sound pretty loud anyway.

Also, from what I've heard, SLPs don't drone, but they do trumpet. It's all what you can stand.
Old 7/19/07, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

You could always remove your insulation/sound deadening stuff.

I thought I wanted loud, too...I bought Bassani Race mufflers and they fit the bill...sounded great around the city, but I wanted to blow my head off on the highway. I don't make many highway trips, but it was still the fact that if I had to, it would be annoying. I have the stockers back on and will probably get Corsas next which have no drone at all, and sound pretty loud anyway.

Also, from what I've heard, SLPs don't drone, but they do trumpet. It's all what you can stand.
Did you ever get your pypes mid muffler setup installed?

Quick Reply: Exhaust system dilemma...