GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/07, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exhaust

I plan on ordering Mac axel back. Currently just want the mufflers no H/X pipe yet. My question is do you notice a big diff in sound without the H or X pipe just the mufflers alone? Thanks.
Old 12/10/07, 12:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by devilcaninex
I plan on ordering Mac axel back. Currently just want the mufflers no H/X pipe yet. My question is do you notice a big diff in sound without the H or X pipe just the mufflers alone? Thanks.
Yes, depending on the mufflers. Mac's typically have a noticable difference, and I like them.

Go to the media section of Brenspeed's website, they have video clip's with every other exhaust combination you can imagine.
Old 12/13/07, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Ya, or try www.ninosport.com. They have some video clips as well.
Old 12/19/07, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by devilcaninex
Don't do it...Macs will give your pony a horrible cabin drone. They sound good, but not worth the cabin drone...unless you are into that.

I originally bought a set of Mac Axle backs, installed them, drove to work, and when I drove back home I removed them. I ended up doing some research and for a bit more money I got the best you can get, Corsa Axle backs. They sound mean when you step on the throttle and have a nice rumble at idle and absolulety no cabin drone...well worth the extra bucks.
Old 12/20/07, 08:39 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Go to the search forums and type in exhaust, there is also a exhaust tread in the GT performance tread that is lots of help.

TDS
Old 12/20/07, 08:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ive seen tons of vids but its hard to tell on a vid, I was just hoping someone with MACS would post how they like them. Thanks for the info
Old 12/21/07, 05:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Imagine that while cruising you have deep hum that not only rattles your brain, but will also rattle the bolts off the cabin...that is the type of drone the Macs will give you. They give out a certain frequency that resonates through the bottom and echoes throughout the cabin. Corsa tweaked their axle backs to give you a throatty sound and rumble and at the same time deadened all cabin drone. Anyway, to each his own...some people totally tune out the drone by turning up the Shaker. I dunno, maybe I'm getting old