GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Evolution Performance Tune & JLT CAI are Installed

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/07, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolution Performance Tune & JLT CAI are Installed

I got the 93 octane tune from Fred at Evolution Performance along with the JLT cold air intake and wow what a difference it made!
I installed it on the wife's 06 GT with an automatic transmission.
The hanging revs in neutral are gone, the throttle lag is gone, driveability is excellent and when you punch it all hell breaks loose. The *** end kicks out and gets quite a bit of tire spin on the 1-2 shift, then a real loud chirp in the 2-3 shift.
Anyone looking for an excellent shop with good prices give Evolutuion a call
Old 3/16/07, 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TRMN8TR
I got the 93 octane tune from Fred at Evolution Performance along with the JLT cold air intake and wow what a difference it made!
I installed it on the wife's 06 GT with an automatic transmission.
The hanging revs in neutral are gone, the throttle lag is gone, driveability is excellent and when you punch it all hell breaks loose. The *** end kicks out and gets quite a bit of tire spin on the 1-2 shift, then a real loud chirp in the 2-3 shift.
Anyone looking for an excellent shop with good prices give Evolutuion a call
Wow...... a satisfied Evolution Performance customer. You're the first one I've seen here.
Old 3/16/07, 10:34 PM

i wouldnt shop at evolution with somebody elses money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3/17/07, 05:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GrabOrangeGT
Wow...your in Voorhees... I'm right down the street off of Springdale Road!
Old 3/17/07, 06:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Why would you guys say any thing bad about Evolution??? Past experience??? I just had a full suspension system installed by them and have no complaints.
Old 3/17/07, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

really? why is that? what are you using?
Old 3/17/07, 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by HiRoller
Wow...... a satisfied Evolution Performance customer. You're the first one I've seen here.
that's because everyone here either uses bama or brenspeed.
psssssst..............................there's other tuners out there.
Old 3/17/07, 08:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

that's because everyone here either uses bama or brenspeed.
psssssst..............................there's other tuners out there.

I'm not sure what you're getting at , but I know about the other tuners. There's also Tillman Speed, JDM, Alternative Auto....I've been modding stangs for 15 years...........i just never heard any satisfied customers from Evolution Performance....until now.

Evolution boasts the fastest GT500 around........well, they didn't even tune it.... SCT tuned it for them. I'll drive 2 hours further for better service at JDM Engineering..........
Old 3/17/07, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StangFreak
Why would you guys say any thing bad about Evolution??? Past experience??? I just had a full suspension system installed by them and have no complaints.
try this one http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=58936
Old 3/17/07, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

I used evolution, and they were only ok. There customer service was rather poor, and the product (C&L cai/SCT XcalII) was only ok.
Old 3/17/07, 08:53 AM

they toasted my buddiez 04 on their dyno and then blamed him!!!!! i have heard tonz of horror stories about them! every time i go in there it takes 30 minutes for somone to finally get offf their *** and help me. plus the guy at tha counter is a **** then their prices suck. i go through jdm for all tuning and install
Old 3/17/07, 09:18 AM

Wow...your in Voorhees... I'm right down the street off of Springdale Road!
thats cool do you ever get to any local car showS? i get up 2 thhe one in brooklawn every year.

and they didnt tune their own car! ive heard that twice now & they rape ppl who go there with prices. they charged my cousin 450 for an alignment becaus it was a GT with sportlin springs i can prolly find the slip. burnouts!!!!!!!!!
Old 3/17/07, 10:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

thats cool do you ever get to any local car showS? i get up 2 thhe one in brooklawn every year.

and they didnt tune their own car! ive heard that twice now & they rape ppl who go there with prices. they charged my cousin 450 for an alignment becaus it was a GT with sportlin springs i can prolly find the slip. burnouts!!!!!!!!!
I've never done Brooklawn.. I usually do Haddonfield, Riverside, Moorestown, Merchantville, and Pennsauken. Are you in NJ now?? If so, there's like 70 stangs cruisin down to Maryland next week for a big show/race at Maryland Int'l Raceway. Theres going to be magazine coverage, a performance clinic, install demos, and a whole lotta BS.
Old 3/17/07, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor

Both of you guys are going to be at the Tillman Speed car show on April 29th right!
Old 3/17/07, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Both of you guys are going to be at the Tillman Speed car show on April 29th right!
You know it man! You better bring a change of underwear because I owe you a ride in my car!! Blown is Beautiful!
Old 3/17/07, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor

Hahahaha! I'll bring Depends! I'll have the GT with me... all whopping 325rwhp in it's glory! NA is somewhat beautiful!
Old 3/17/07, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm not sure what you're getting at , but I know about the other tuners. There's also Tillman Speed, JDM, Alternative Auto....I've been modding stangs for 15 years...........i just never heard any satisfied customers from Evolution Performance....until now.

Evolution boasts the fastest GT500 around........well, they didn't even tune it.... SCT tuned it for them. I'll drive 2 hours further for better service at JDM Engineering..........
yeah i've been owning and modding mustangs (roughly 15 or so) for a tad over 30 years now so the green is definately gone from behind the ears.
i was under the impression they did all their own inhouse tuning. who tunes their cars?
once the whipple goes on the gt i will have Jerry Wroblewski tune the car. but for now i just wanted to get the cold air intake on the car.
i'll have to take the car to my buddy's dyno to see what's up.
Old 3/17/07, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor

yeah i've been owning and modding mustangs (roughly 15 or so) for a tad over 30 years now so the green is definately gone from behind the ears.
i was under the impression they did all their own inhouse tuning. who tunes their cars?
once the whipple goes on the gt i will have Jerry Wroblewski tune the car. but for now i just wanted to get the cold air intake on the car.
I will not comment on Evolution, however I will tell you that we will gladly help you out with any of your needs. We're on Concord Road in Aston. We stock JLT C&L Coast Driveshafts Steeda SCT Flowmasters BMR Pypes SPEC etc.

We will have a tune for the Whipple 10PSI HO shortly. Thanks for your time! We look forward to hearing from you!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 3/17/07, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

They do their own in house tuning, but a rep from SCT came out and tuned their GT500 to get that car to run 9's. SCT is the manufacturer of the Xcalibrator. It is a good idea for you to get dyno'd. Their mail order tunes have been lean.... It would just suck for you to throw a rod b/c of a bad tune......
Old 3/17/07, 12:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
I will not comment on Evolution, however I will tell you that we will gladly help you out with any of your needs. We're on Concord Road in Aston. We stock JLT C&L Coast Driveshafts Steeda SCT Flowmasters BMR Pypes SPEC etc.

We will have a tune for the Whipple 10PSI HO shortly. Thanks for your time! We look forward to hearing from you!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
CR is a GREAT guy and can usually beat any price around!

Quick Reply: Evolution Performance Tune & JLT CAI are Installed