GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Essential changes for Supercharged Mustangs ?

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/08, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Essential changes for Supercharged Mustangs ?

Hi Gang,

I was wondering what YOU consider an 'essentials' to have on a Supercharged 'stang such as new clutch, new gears, new suspension etc. or do you have to change anything at all, depending on 'how' you plan on driving ?!

Just wondering - thanks for ANY input !
Old 1/12/08, 08:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
You don't have to change any of those things if you don't want to.... the only "essential" thing is a adequate fuel system and custom tune on a dyno.

Tires may help too LOL....... also do some searches here, there's lots of other good info.

This is assuming you want ~450 rwhp or less.
Old 1/12/08, 08:44 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DUSTI
Hi Gang,

I was wondering what YOU consider an 'essentials' to have on a Supercharged 'stang such as new clutch, new gears, new suspension etc. or do you have to change anything at all, depending on 'how' you plan on driving ?!

It all depends on the HP range you want. If you go to around 600rwhp you would need new suspension, trans, bottom end etc... If you keep it around 400-450 rwhp you can get away with keep the clutch, gears, and suspension stock. Although I would recommend suspension, good tires, and a custom dyno tune for any s/c application. What hp rande are you looking for??
Old 1/12/08, 01:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just learned about an "essential" if you are going to run 8lbs of boost or more. I had a rear main seal leak. We just learned this as Blake (boyzntoyz) at Joe Cooper Ford was installing my intercooler. He did a search and found a discussion on Modular Fords in which several guys had this problem. They went with the small breather filters on the PCV valves. This lets the pressure escape as I understand it. We are going to try this on mine as well. Here's the link to the Modular Ford thread.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...light=breather
Old 1/12/08, 01:57 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
I just learned about an "essential" if you are going to run 8lbs of boost or more. I had a rear main seal leak. We just learned this as Blake (boyzntoyz) at Joe Cooper Ford was installing my intercooler. He did a search and found a discussion on Modular Fords in which several guys had this problem. They went with the small breather filters on the PCV valves. This lets the pressure escape as I understand it. We are going to try this on mine as well. Here's the link to the Modular Ford thread.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...light=breather
So where exactly is the rear main seal leak? Or are you referring to just the whipple s/c?
Old 1/12/08, 02:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no....not just the Whipple. It's coming from the car. I'll have Blake chime in here and explain it more specifically. He just called and told me about it. I knew I had an oil leak, because I saw it on my garage floor. It was a very small amount and I thought it might be from the oil filter since I just had an oil change. He called to tell me what I posted above. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I won't be able to see for myself unitl I pick the car up on Monday.
Old 1/12/08, 02:49 PM

Wink

THANKS everyone for the infos so far !

I already got a Saleen SC with the 475 kit installed, got the Eibach springs and running 20s for wheels, bassani offroad x-pipe and bassani mufflers.
In another thread someone suggested getting the JDM tune since I'm 'on' the Saleen tune, which is o.k. but apparently the JDM tune got more kick.

With all those discussions in the forums I was just curious what the overall opinion was on things such as clutch, suspension etc.
Old 1/12/08, 03:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

THANKS everyone for the infos so far !

I already got a Saleen SC with the 475 kit installed, got the Eibach springs and running 20s for wheels, bassani offroad x-pipe and bassani mufflers.
In another thread someone suggested getting the JDM tune since I'm 'on' the Saleen tune, which is o.k. but apparently the JDM tune got more kick.

With all those discussions in the forums I was just curious what the overall opinion was on things such as clutch, suspension etc.
If your puttin 475 at the wheels I would go to much higher on the stock setup. But I heard the JDm tunes are very good...
Old 1/12/08, 03:53 PM
V6 Member

Hi Gang,

First thing I would suggest is a BIG brake kit for the front and a rear upgrade( like performance pads and lightweight larger rotors ) It's easy to go fast but don't forget you need to stop. Plus big brakes look cool!