GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Engine Failsafe Mode and SCT tune

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/05, 01:53 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had about 1300 miles on my stang with no problems. I flashed an SCT 87 octane program on the car and right away noticed improved performance, but twice shortly after starting the car, the car went into engine failsafe mode. After I used up my tank of gas I put in 93 octane and flashed the new SCT 93 program. Performance dropped and failsafe mode has now become even more frequent. Now I have returned the computer to stock and engine has been fine. Any ideas? Could it be the coil pack service bulletin? If so, why does it only happen with the SCT tunes? Is there another way too fix it other then taking it in to the dealer? I'm kind of leary of taking it in because I have Longtube Headers, offroad no cat h-pipe and have flashed the cpu.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 3/6/05, 02:37 PM

[SIZE=7]i had the same problem after installed c&l cai and steeda charge motion plates last weekend;my tuner was in contact with guys at sct and they put something together and retuned yesterday and its fixed,not sure what caused it but think the tune needs to be tinkered with
Old 3/6/05, 04:36 PM
Bullitt Member

For what it's worth, my tuner had the computer software for the Predator and did some work Friday night. After making some changes that SHOULDN'T have tripped the computer, the install caused a failsafe as soon as the key was turned. This happened a couple of times.
Old 3/7/05, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

i hate failsafe everytime i make a change it goes off.Then run fine for a week then bang comes back and i reset the light .I am starting to think its just a misfire ,i need to take my codes up to the dealer and find out.