GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Emmissions tune question

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/07, 10:12 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emmissions tune question

Do any of the programmers make a emmissions legal tune you can switch to when you get your car inspected? I assume it would have to be state specific, and most likely more trouble than it's worth for them to mess with.

I know you can get emmissions legal tunes from FRPP and appearantly Steeda in one of their power packs, but just wondered if there were vehicle specific options. Just thought I'd ask as the question was asked to me early today.
Old 6/4/07, 05:38 AM
Cobra R Member

It kind of depends on what your state really inspects for? NC is the OBDII check. It reads your car's computer and makes sure your not operating with a ck engine light. Unless your state is a sniffer, you should be fine.

That sniffing is what gets those who want to do LT headers and tunes. What does TN require?
Old 6/4/07, 07:03 AM
GT Member

In Tennessee, they definately use the sniffer tube up the exhaust. I guess my thinking is if you can get canned tuned from FRPP or Steeda that meet emmissions requirements in 50 states, then it must be possible to make one. It's most likely more trouble than it's worth. What can I say, on a Sunday night when your mind is racing thinking about everything Mustang, stupid questions come up. So I had to ask. lol