GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Duel Solenoid Line Lock Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/06, 06:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duel Solenoid Line Lock Kit Installed

I installed my Duel Solenoid line lock kit today. I only had to use 1 piece of steel afrermarket brake line per side. i was able to reuse the stock line for part of the job. I think it came out very neat and factory looking.

Although i havent wired them electrically yet i decided a but of fun was in order so i left this in my job's parking lot

Old 8/9/06, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks great Ron. Nice Job. Cant wait to see how well they work next time at the track.
Old 8/9/06, 07:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice job Ron and clean one at that. Maybe next Weds. we can get to the track as long as nothing is going on down there.
Old 8/9/06, 10:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

is this a kit you bought or did you buy the peices and set it up...does a company make a kit for the 05-07?
Old 8/12/06, 08:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

i bought the pieces and made my own kit. summitracing has everything you need
Old 8/12/06, 09:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 94tbird
Although i havent wired them electrically yet i decided a bit of fun was in order so i left this in my job's parking lot

Nice!
Old 9/29/06, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor

Very nice
Old 9/30/06, 06:18 AM
Bullitt Member

I have no idea what these are for. Can someone explain it to those of us who are not mechanically knowledgeable on this subject? I like to learn as much as I can.
Old 9/30/06, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Line locks are for drag racing so you can do a burnout without having your rear brakes partially applied. I believe what you do is go thru the water box, depress your brake peddle hard, while depressed you activate your line locks which keep the front brakes applied then let your foot off the brake peddle and your rear wheels will spin freely while the front ones keep your car in place.
Old 9/30/06, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Just some FYI.GMS is coming out with a complete line lock kit for the s197 .I like the plug n play route myself.(I'm lazy like that ).

GMS Tire Fryer Line Lock Kit http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...g/linelock.htm
Old 9/30/06, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stangers
Just some FYI.GMS is coming out with a complete line lock kit for the s197 .I like the plug n play route myself.(I'm lazy like that ).

GMS Tire Fryer Line Lock Kit http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...g/linelock.htm
looks like a cleaner install than the wheel well route
Old 10/3/06, 02:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

maybe but your messing with the ABS module. id rather not touch that.
Old 10/3/06, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 94tbird
maybe but your messing with the ABS module. id rather not touch that.
Just sent you a PM.

The way I was looking at the GMS kit is like this. The line you taped in the wheel well...isnt that the same line that is taped on the GMS kit....just under the hood and closer to the abs box? Maybe I dont know how the brakes work on this car.....
Old 10/3/06, 04:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

correct me if im wrong, but his kit looks like it is replacing the entire brake line from the ABS module right to the wheels. the stock brake line is protected with a plastic coating on the outside to inhibit rust and other weather related issues. if his kit repalces the stock brake lines then this would be a concern of mine.
Old 10/3/06, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

It looks like the kit retains the stock lines from the wheels to the new solenoid's. The new line is short and goes from the solenoid's to the abs module.
Old 10/3/06, 09:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cali HP addict
It looks like the kit retains the stock lines from the wheels to the new solenoid's. The new line is short and goes from the solenoid's to the abs module.

Thats right...the line that is on the gms kit is short and all right there under the hood and right by the abs. Its just like a little tap into the system...not a whole line.
Old 10/4/06, 07:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

idk. the picture shows the lines gonig right to new brake nuts. could be a photoshop though
Old 10/4/06, 07:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm either going to build a kit or buy one. This one looks nice, but gotta love the first line in the ad "Won't void your factory warranty". I'm sure that if my ABS goes out and I show the dealership the GMS ad, the dealership will just bow at me and fix everything without questions.... Sorry, I just found that amusing!!
Old 10/4/06, 07:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by scramblr
I'm either going to build a kit or buy one. This one looks nice, but gotta love the first line in the ad "Won't void your factory warranty". I'm sure that if my ABS goes out and I show the dealership the GMS ad, the dealership will just bow at me and fix everything without questions.... Sorry, I just found that amusing!!

If you look on GMS site he has the explanation behind that statement I think. There is a law that states more or less that the dealer has to prove the mod caused the damage. And he says the mod works fine with the abs soooo.

I think I am going to have to do what Tbird did tho....My whipple intake is right in that same spot. I might have to cancel this order.

Where do you plan to tap into for power and what not. Also where is your switch going to be inside the car?
Old 10/4/06, 09:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

well mine have been wired up for a month or so now. i grounded the black wire to the solenoid mounting screw. i ran the red wires into the car. inside of each wheel well is a rubber grommet with a nipple on the end. on the drivers side i had already cut the nipple off and fed my gauge wires through so running the red wire for the line locks through was easy. on the passenger side i cut the nipple off and ran the wire through. jsut a small enough hole to get the wire through and i sealed the hole around it for weather reasons. i ran both wires from these grommets in the firewall to the center of the car underneath the radio. i ran them next to the shifter. and plugged them into a auto relay i got at radio shack for 5 bucks. i then ran the wires from the relay to the power switch i also got from radio shack for 5 bucks. for power i tapped the constant 12v power wire from my gauges as its the same thig. i also put 2 inline fuses, 1 for each solenoid in the wires before the relay jsu8t in case. works flawlessly. i have wireing diagrams for you if youd like them from modular fords.

Quick Reply: Duel Solenoid Line Lock Kit Installed