GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Dissapointed in Bassani Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/05, 09:01 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well received part of my Bassani exhaust setup today, what I did'nt realize...and I guess it's my fault I should of payed attention is that it is an Axel Back kit not a Cat-back kit I also have the Bassani X-pipe coming should be here tommorow or Monday.

For $500+ you think they would include the pipes from the cat-back as well, it came in a huge box with just 2 mufflers and 2 clamps in it, don't get me wrong the look really cool especially the big hiney tips

I also noticed Borla and a few others are the same way...just the mufflers. only MagnaFlow seems to include the tubing

If I install my Bassani X-pipe and the mufflers, I am still using the factory tubing from the cats back to the muffler correct? :scratch:

Just seems kinda cheap to me to spend $1000+ on an exhaust system and still have to use part of it stock tubing.

Or am I wrong in my assumptions???
Old 9/15/05, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by AussieMustangGT@September 15, 2005, 9:04 PM

If I install my Bassani X-pipe and the mufflers, I am still using the factory tubing from the cats back to the muffler correct? :scratch:

Or am I wrong in my assumptions???
You are correct. Although the stock pipes are stainless 2.5" mandrel bent which is the same that you would be getting if you had gotten the cat-back.
Old 9/15/05, 09:30 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well the point of the new systems is that the stock cats-to-overaxle do not really need to be replaced this time around, hence why the 'axleback' system.

Pre 05s were 2.25" tubing
05+ have 2.5" all the way front to back with mandrel bends.

No real need to replace those, unless you REALLY want to get the 2 extra uneeded bends out (which you really won't notice the difference)

So to answer your question...no its normal.

The bulk of the systems price is in the tips+muffler anyway, whether its catback or axleback.
Old 9/15/05, 09:40 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the replies 05BLKGT and Boomer, I guess it makes sense, I just thught it seemed a little cheap of them but I guess it's not really.

When I go home and saw the box I was like ...then I open the box and I was like :scratch: WTF..."did Bassani forget to add some pipes"..."where's all the tubing, like my 03's MagnaPacks had" then I read the parts list and was like "oh cr@p"

As long as it don't make a difference then
Old 9/15/05, 10:39 PM

You're paying for the name, the SS mufflers, and the polished tips.

You can google it, 304 SS tubing is relatively cheap, as are mandrel bends. You can (theoretically) just go with a muffler replacment for sound, and an Xpipe to actually increase power, and have the same effect.

That said, I bought a Bassani I like the sound.
Old 9/16/05, 03:09 PM

The pipes on my 05 were not mandrel bent the whole way through, there was a restriction in one of the bends. It wasn't much of a restriction and I don't think it would make any difference but I would not consider the pipes mandrel bent throughout their length, at least mine weren't. I have the stock pipes sitting in my garage.
Old 9/16/05, 03:13 PM
jlb
GT Member

Yeah...I noticed the restriction on mine too...close to the muffler...not much though...a little flat spot.
Old 9/16/05, 07:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Well considering that bassani is awesome, and has the most gains of any of the systems out. You are paying for quality, a mean hiney sound, and gains. Most other systems tested showed little if no gain, and even losses. Bassani was at the top. You get what you pay for usually. Same goes here. I loved my set up. I had to sell the car tho, so I parted it out. Good luck with your bassani.