GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Diablosport 91 Octan Performance Tune Installed

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/05, 07:28 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=max2000jp,March 18, 2005, 7:31 PM]
I recieved my Diablosport Tuner for my GT via UPS today. I quickly glanced over the directions and then went out to my car to load the program. It was real simple and took about 10 minutes from start to finish. I took the car for a quick spin and the difference is night and day. The throttle response is SO much better and the engine pulls like a raped ape up till redline.

Any pics of a raped ape for comparison??
Old 3/19/05, 09:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Just emailed Diablosport with this:

I have a 2005 Mustang GT Manual and recently installed your predator program. The car is bone stock with the exception of your product. I installed the "91 octane performance tune" and the car runs really great. I am very happy with this tune. I experimented and installed the "Diablosport Performance tune", which I assume is a 93 octane tune. I am running the latest R6 version and 93 octane fuel. The vehicle feels real sluggish under partial throttle. I have done some research on Mustang forums and this seems to be a common problem with the 93 tune. Are you aware of this problem? If so, are you guys working on a downloadable solution to this?

Thanks
Old 3/19/05, 11:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats lads on the performance increases, but you're killing me!!! I can't get one for a while But I know it will be worth it when I do
Old 3/19/05, 12:10 PM
Bullitt Member

OK, I wanted to try out my predator tune today but I can't use it with the JLT CAI because of the different tune needed and I don't have it yet on CD format from JLT. So I removed the JLT intake and reflashed the car back to stock. I then reinstalled the stock intake and I had noticed the "Hydrotrap and fallen out", Oh Well i'll look for it later. I then istalled a K&N airfilter into the stock intake and flashed in the Diablo performance tune and it went in well and took it for a drive. Well I wasn't real impressed as it felt sluggish at low rpm. So I removed that tune and installed the 91 performance tune and she runs great. Not as well as the JLT intake but deffinetly a great improvement over stock. I went back in and tweaked the settings for the idle rpm and dropped both neutral and drive and moved the shift point for 3-4 shifts back by 10 mph so it doesn't shift into 4th so easily. And it is running great. The Diablo unit is a great buy and well worth the money and makes adjusting very easy and simple. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to tune their car. As soon as I can get the JLT tune on a CD I will install it into the predator and then reflash the computer with it and reinstall the JLT intake. SCT has some catch up to do to keep up with Diablo, just my 2cents...........
Old 3/19/05, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by LilHog@March 19, 2005, 2:13 PM
OK, I wanted to try out my predator tune today but I can't use it with the JLT CAI because of the different tune needed and I don't have it yet on CD format from JLT. So I removed the JLT intake and reflashed the car back to stock. I then reinstalled the stock intake and I had noticed the "Hydrotrap and fallen out", Oh Well i'll look for it later. I then istalled a K&N airfilter into the stock intake and flashed in the Diablo performance tune and it went in well and took it for a drive. Well I wasn't real impressed as it felt sluggish at low rpm. So I removed that tune and installed the 91 performance tune and she runs great.
Is the 91 performance tune also adjusted for the lost HC trap and K&N filter or are there other adjustments that have to be made to avoid running lean?
Old 3/19/05, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Just the basic diablo 91 performance tune covers it. There is no CEL and diablo is claiming this tune is for engines with slight mod's done. I can't explain why the 91 runs better than the 93 tune, it just does for me on my car. But the fact that you can adjust all sorts of paramiters makes it very flexable.
Old 3/19/05, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by LilHog@March 19, 2005, 6:31 PM
Just the basic diablo 91 performance tune covers it. There is no CEL and diablo is claiming this tune is for engines with slight mod's done. I can't explain why the 91 runs better than the 93 tune, it just does for me on my car. But the fact that you can adjust all sorts of paramiters makes it very flexable.
Thanks, I think I will go with the Diablo.
Old 3/21/05, 05:51 PM
V6 Member

I emailed Diablosport about the sluggish performance under normal driving with the 93 Octane C&L performance tune. Brian at technical support emailed me back and asked for The Revision # and the Calid # on the handheld unit. Plug in the unit at the top of the main menu above Performance, Diagnostic, and Options you will find your Revision #. Mine was V.8r6. To find your Calid # select options then troubleshooting and show calid. Mine was FBJR2G3. Email Brian@diablosport.com with your numbers and tell him your experiancing sluggish performance with the C&L performance tune under normal driving and they will send you a custom tune to try. I think you will have to buy some software cables to download the new tune to your handheld predator. I asked Brian what I needed so I could buy them. Hope this helps anyone.
Old 3/21/05, 06:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Below is the Email I recieved from Diablosport. I am very impressed with their level of customer service. Many aftermarket companies have poor customer service I have found. Seems like Diablosport is the exception!!

We have very little complaints about the 2005 Mustang tunes, but we have recently found a way to improve the low end throttle response on our 05 Mustang tunes. I would like to send you a custom tune for you to evaluate. If you go to our website, you can download the DS Downloader. The Downloader will allow you to send custom tunes to your Predator. This way I can send you a custom tune to try on your car.

Here is the link on our website to the downloader installer.

http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads_05stang_crom.php

Please respond to my email with your vehicles calibration id, and I will send you a custom tune for you to evaluate. We are currently running the custom tune on our shop vehicle and we will continue to test and try to improve our tunes. To aquire your vehicles cal id, you can use the Predator. Using the “Options†menu, you can select “Troubleshooting†and then select “Show Cal IDâ€. Email this cal id to me with a full list of any modifications that have been done to your car.

Scott Beer

Diablosport Tuner / Revolution Software Support

561-908-0040

561-908-0051 - fax

Diablosport

1865 SW Ave Suite D2

Delray Beach, FL

Old 3/21/05, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Jason - have you used the tune yet? Let us know...
Old 3/21/05, 10:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by j-stang@March 21, 2005, 10:44 PM
Jason - have you used the tune yet? Let us know...
Nope...I have to get my "CALID" and send it to him and then go to Radioshack to buy the cable and power source. I will try to get this done tomorrow during my lunchtime. I am going out of town on business the next 2 days, so hopefully by the end of the week I will have some results.
Old 3/28/05, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BEWARE!!
I too received an initial email from Scott @ DiabloSport last week but got no follow up information after sending him the CALID and my list of mods - MagnaFlow Axleback mufflers, C&L CAI, and soon to be installed 4.10 gears with an automatic transmission. I have heard nothing from him after numerous emails, phone messages - I even sent a courier pigeon without success. I have the 93 octane C&L CAI Custom Tune installed and low end throttle response is HORRIBLE! My automatic hangs in 3rd gear and takes forever to shift into 4th. The low idle is extremely erratic - all over the place. My wife has refused to drive the vehicle. Certainly hope DiabloSport gets this problem under control quickly. Don't want to take the 93 octane tune out but I will have to do something soon.
Old 3/28/05, 01:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey Jason, get the Serial to USB cable. I use that, and if you have a powered USB port....it works great.

Here is what my set up is- I take my laptop in my car...plug the serial to USB cord in to the diablo and my laptop......and plug the diablo cable in to the cars computer port. That way you, can view live data while you drive...its really sick. I will take pics later.
Old 3/28/05, 01:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by tmcolegr@March 28, 2005, 12:43 PM
BEWARE!!
I too received an initial email from Scott @ DiabloSport last week but got no follow up information after sending him the CALID and my list of mods - MagnaFlow Axleback mufflers, C&L CAI, and soon to be installed 4.10 gears with an automatic transmission. I have heard nothing from him after numerous emails, phone messages - I even sent a carrier pigeon without success. I have the 93 octane C&L CAI Custom Tune installed and low end throttle response is HORRIBLE! My automatic hangs in 3rd gear and takes forever to shift into 4th. The low idle is extremely erratic - all over the place. My wife has refused to drive the vehicle. Certainly hope DiabloSport gets this problem under control quickly. Don't want to take the 93 octane tune out but I will have to do something soon.
I am in the same boat. I have talked to several guys at diablosport, and they all put it on scott. I have left phone messages and emails to Scott waiting on the custom tune that Brian said they would send me to correct the sluggish low end throttle response. I only have the C&L performance 93 Octane tune in my predator. I do not have a choice to flash a 91 octane tune. The way the car drives now is terrible. I am going to flash back to stock until I here something from diablosport. I even went to Radio Shack and bought the stuff I need to download the new tune into the handheld unit.
Old 3/28/05, 01:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the same problem with mine at firt c@l was awesome and i got cel so i installed new c@l tune and it stinks so i installed 91 tune with stock intake and runs good ,so i will wait for a fix.
Old 3/28/05, 03:57 PM

Hey guys I also have the predator I also have 410 gears and steeda underdrive pullies in my 05 automatic. I am using the performance tune but want to use the 91 and 87 octaine tunes can I use these tunes even though I am using 93 octaine? Will doing this hurt anything? Also I tryed using the factory hp tune and I noticed it won't calibrate the speedometer with this tune .It gives me the option to ajust this perameter but it doesnt work and my speedometer is off by about 13mph. It works fine with the performance tune but not the factory hp tune. Any suggestions?
Old 3/28/05, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update - Just received this email from Keith at DiabloSport:
"We are aware of the problem and putting out a updatable revision to correct it by the end of the week. Look for it soon".

Also received a voice mail from Cole stating there would be updated tunes for the C&L CAI on the website tomorrow.

Will definitely be keeping an eye out for those new tunes.

PS: This problem is so bad my wife has refused to drive the vehicle until it is fixed. While I don't totally agree with her, she has a valid complaint. It ran better before I installed the C&L CAI and DiabloSport tune!

Has anyone else experienced the low idle being very erratic (hunting between about 500 & 1000 RPM) both in or out of gear with an automatic. Manuals probably surge all the time when idling I assume. What has been your experience?
Old 3/28/05, 04:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Todd....you just made my week. If I batted for the other team, I would kiss you.
Old 3/28/05, 04:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by tmcolegr@March 28, 2005, 5:41 PM
Update - Just received this email from DiabloSport:
"We are aware of the problem and putting out a updatable revision to correct it by the end of the week. Look for it soon".

Also received a voice mail stating there would be updated tunes for the C&L CAI on the website tomorrow.

Will definitely be keeping an eye out for those new tunes.

PS: This problem is so bad my wife has refused to drive the vehicle until it is fixed. While I don't totally agree with her, she has a valid complaint. It ran better before I installed the C&L CAI and DiabloSport tune!
Thanks for the update Todd. They have not sent me anything. I will be checking out the website. I have all the stuff ready to download any revision or tune that will correct this crap. I'm with your wife I will not drive the car again until this is fixed.
Old 3/28/05, 05:00 PM

Who sent you the email and or vm? i am in same boat with the CnL package. Crappy service at best. I wont buy another Diablo Sport. I know its a new product but just tell us you are working on a solution..... its better than no response at all.....
thanks for keeping us up todate...

Quick Reply: Diablosport 91 Octan Performance Tune Installed