GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Diablosport 91 Octan Performance Tune Installed

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/05, 05:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recieved my Diablosport Tuner for my GT via UPS today. I quickly glanced over the directions and then went out to my car to load the program. It was real simple and took about 10 minutes from start to finish. I took the car for a quick spin and the difference is night and day. The throttle response is SO much better and the engine pulls like a raped ape up till redline. When I shifted into 3rd gear I felt the rear end loose, which never happened with the stock tuning. I can honestly feel a great gain in the seat of my pants. Once JLT gets their tune out for this tuner, I will be adding it as well. I have a couple of quick questions to others whom have installed this programming. First, do you guys know if there is a noticeable difference between the 91 Octane tune and the Diablosport Performance tune? Is the DS Performance tune the 93 octane program??? Lastly, how can I check to see if my tuner has the latest updates. Thanks! Oh yea, this is the best mod I have performed so far
Old 3/18/05, 05:33 PM
Cobra R Member

You may want to play with the global spark advance and add or subtract 2 degrees. If I was driving 91 octane I would make sure that it is +2 from zero.
For 93 I would put it at +4 from zero, I believe that is max on global spark advance.

I have the c&l cai and use their tune for the diablo as well.
Old 3/18/05, 05:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by 38special@March 18, 2005, 7:36 PM
You may want to play with the global spark advance and add or subtract 2 degrees. If I was driving 91 octane I would make sure that it is +2 from zero.
For 93 I would put it at +4 from zero, I believe that is max on global spark advance.

I will wait until I am on a dyno to play around with the spark and other parameters. I am satisfied with what I am running now. I am going to try the "Diablosport Performance" Tune later. I assume this is the 93 octane tune????
Old 3/18/05, 05:43 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 38special@March 18, 2005, 6:36 PM

What is the global timing? Does that change the whole graph the same(high and low graphs)? I have used the two timing graphs.
Old 3/18/05, 05:56 PM
Cobra R Member

One of the adjustments that you can do involves the timing. There are two sub catagories, one of which is global spark. It is the first adjustment that you should make.

When I first put the program on, I used the other catagory and lowered my spark because I still had 87 octane. My CEL came on after a few hours. I was told to avoid the other catagory unless I had problems, by some one in the know, I eliminated my adjustment and made it on global instead, no CEL. Problem solved.

max2000jp

You will love the predator for the diagnostic functions.
Old 3/18/05, 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Does the tune have to be inside the tuner or inside the car to make changes to the tune? I know it sounds like a silly question but I've had my Diablo for over a week now and im getting ready to try it out this weekend. I have read the manual and it's not clear if the tune can be installed in the car and then tweaked. Also does it know the type of transmission or do you have to select it manually on the tuner?
Old 3/18/05, 07:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Did anyone notice any decrease low end throttle response under slower acceleration? I just installed the Diablosport Performance tune, which I think is the 93 octane tune.
Old 3/18/05, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Jason - I received the Diablo last week and installed the Performacne Tune (93 Octane) and I did notice a "sluggish" from the start through 3000 rpms. I reflashed to a lower octane tune and it is much better. No sluggish feeling. I personally think it was because I was not running 93 octane; moreover, my state doesn't have anything higher than 91 octane.

I'm running the 87 octane tune and I love it! If anyone has any suggestions on adjusting the other tunes please let me know.
Old 3/18/05, 07:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by j-stang@March 18, 2005, 9:48 PM
Jason - I received the Diablo last week and installed the Performacne Tune (93 Octane) and I did notice a "sluggish" from the start through 3000 rpms. I reflashed to a lower octane tune and it is much better. No sluggish feeling. I personally think it was because I was not running 93 octane; moreover, my state doesn't have anything higher than 91 octane.

I'm running the 87 octane tune and I love it! If anyone has any suggestions on adjusting the other tunes please let me know.
I am glad this is happening to someone else. I did a quick search and it seems like this could be a problem with the 93 octane tune. Maybe we can all email Diablosport and they can work on a downloadable revision for us. I am going back to the 91 octane tune, since I am using 92 octane right now. Another idea I had for us Diablo users would be to create a user database of adjustable settings for comparison. We can work on something like what I thought of below.

Transmission Type:
Elevation:
Climate:
Octane/Gas Brand:
Mods:
User Adjustable Predator Settings:
Dual timing adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
Timing table (+10% / -40%)
Dual fuel adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
Fuel table (+40% / -15%)
Idle (+/- 20%)
Global Timing adder -6 degrees /+4 degrees
Old 3/18/05, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I think that is a great idea. You should start another thread "name Diablo Parameters". How can I view that information on my Predator if I have no made any adjustments. Are they viewable to the tune Diablo supply?
Old 3/18/05, 08:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by j-stang@March 18, 2005, 10:01 PM
I think that is a great idea. You should start another thread "name Diablo Parameters". How can I view that information on my Predator if I have no made any adjustments. Are they viewable to the tune Diablo supply?
I will start one later on tonight. I am going to play around with my Predator for a while. I don't know if you can view the "stock" Predator tune paramaters? If you can I would like to know how. I am new to this, so I have a lot to learn.
Old 3/18/05, 08:06 PM
FR500 Member

If you work it all out on a spreadsheet, send it to me and I'll make a dynamic web application for it. Ooooh, I like fun projects....haven't done one for awhile
Old 3/18/05, 08:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I can give it a wing on excel. Do you want me to email it to you?
Old 3/18/05, 08:17 PM
FR500 Member

Yes, by all means! Might want to pass it around make sure we get everything we want.
Old 3/18/05, 08:39 PM
Cobra R Member

LilHog

You adjust the parameters when you go to load the tune. It will ask you if you want to load tune a, b, or whatever you have. Mine had Stock HP and C&L performance 93 octane. On that screen you will see modify tune as an option as well. Go into that and look at what you want to modify, I took my rev limiter up to 7500 and eliminated the speed limiter. After which it allowed me to load the modified tune.
Old 3/18/05, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you, 38Special. I appreciate the info, im going to mess with it tomorrow.
Old 3/18/05, 08:56 PM
Banned

Originally posted by max2000jp@March 18, 2005, 6:31 PM
I recieved my Diablosport Tuner for my GT via UPS today. I quickly glanced over the directions and then went out to my car to load the program. It was real simple and took about 10 minutes from start to finish. I took the car for a quick spin and the difference is night and day. The throttle response is SO much better and the engine pulls like a raped ape up till redline. When I shifted into 3rd gear I felt the rear end loose, which never happened with the stock tuning. I can honestly feel a great gain in the seat of my pants. Once JLT gets their tune out for this tuner, I will be adding it as well. I have a couple of quick questions to others whom have installed this programming. First, do you guys know if there is a noticeable difference between the 91 Octane tune and the Diablosport Performance tune? Is the DS Performance tune the 93 octane program??? Lastly, how can I check to see if my tuner has the latest updates. Thanks! Oh yea, this is the best mod I have performed so far
I assure you the performance tune is for the 93 octane....I emailed Diablo sport the same question you are askin and they said the same, performance tune=93 octane tune. I hope you are enjoying it as much as the rest of us are.
Old 3/18/05, 11:14 PM
V6 Member

I emailed Diablo about not being able to lower my idle speed. They sent me a reply that said they were working on some "issues" and hoped to have a revision by the end of the month.
Old 3/19/05, 03:57 AM

i have the c&l kit and i have notice low end speed with the 93 C&L tune. Mine is an auto and i had to back off each shift -10 mph because during normal driving the shifts would hang on too long before the next shift. It has helped a lot. Other than this it does help with throttle respons and runs like a rape ape at top end

mb
Old 3/19/05, 07:17 AM

I also have the sluggish spot in my accelerator after the CAI tune. I was running the 91 octane tune prior to that and it performed perfectally. I submitted to tech support my problem and they sent me back an email that they were going to modify that tune to work better. They estimated a few weeks.

I also had the same problem when I loaded the 93 octane tune. I am running 93 octane so that was not the problem. I think the 93 octane tune, which is part of the CAI tune is borked at lower RPM.

Having everyone that has this problem submit an email to tech support as well, wouldn;t hurt. The more pressure the sooner they will get a fix done.

Quick Reply: Diablosport 91 Octan Performance Tune Installed