GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CMCV delete plates and gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/08, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CMCV delete plates and gas mileage

I have some Steeda Economy cmcv delete plates and a Bamachips tune update ready to be installed in my GT. With the ever increasing cost of gas, especially here in California, I'm having second thoughts about this mod on what is now a daily driver, mostly driven on city streets. Do the cmcv deletes and tune have any real effect on mileage for our cars? BTW, all my current mods have increased gas mileage and horsepower! Thanks in advance for any input here.

2007 GT Premium: Satin Silver
Steeda CAI and UDPs, Bamachips tune, MGW, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spydershaft, FRPP 4.10 gears, J&M LCAs, adjustable UCA and panhard bar, Summit o/r h-pipe and Pypes Violators.
Old 5/27/08, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rivercitypony
I have some Steeda Economy cmcv delete plates and a Bamachips tune update ready to be installed in my GT. With the ever increasing cost of gas, especially here in California, I'm having second thoughts about this mod on what is now a daily driver, mostly driven on city streets. Do the cmcv deletes and tune have any real effect on mileage for our cars? BTW, all my current mods have increased gas mileage and horsepower! Thanks in advance for any input here.

2007 GT Premium: Satin Silver
Steeda CAI and UDPs, Bamachips tune, MGW, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spydershaft, FRPP 4.10 gears, J&M LCAs, adjustable UCA and panhard bar, Summit o/r h-pipe and Pypes Violators.

I noticed no ill effects when I did the same mod. I am still getting about 22 MPG on my car and that is with Comp NRS cams. My car is also a DD'er. Most of my driving is at 55mph for the record. Welcome to the forum by the way!!
Scott
Old 5/27/08, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can get 29 mpg at 70 mph at cruise with my current mods of:
Steeda CAI with elbow, Steeda UDP, and Steeda Billet CMCV plates.
Previously I only achieved 25 mpg. FWIW that is at 2k rpms.
Old 5/27/08, 10:55 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I'll be installing the cmcv delete plates and updated Bamachips tune this weekend, based on the positive feedback. It's common knowledge about the horsepower and torque gained by this relatively inexpensive mod. Combine this with no loss in gas mileage, and it seems a no-brainer.
Old 5/29/08, 02:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rivercitypony
Thanks for all your replies. I'll be installing the cmcv delete plates and updated Bamachips tune this weekend, based on the positive feedback. It's common knowledge about the horsepower and torque gained by this relatively inexpensive mod. Combine this with no loss in gas mileage, and it seems a no-brainer.
I guess I am the minority but when I installed my CMDP and UDP's my MPG dropped .5 MPG from 17 to 16.5.
So I would think I lost more than that since I should see an increase in MPG with the UDP mod.