Search this Thread

Old 11/1/06, 04:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
RotorPros, cross-drilled & gas slotted.

$330 for all 4 corners, delivered.
Man, thanks Bill.

I have been looking at new rotors, now thanks to your post, I've found them. The price is great.

I'll be ordering them as soon as I receive the pricing quote.
Old 11/1/06, 07:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Bill, have you had any cracks develop where the drilled portions are on the rotors? Thats the only thing that worries me about cross drilled rotors. They have a tendency to have hairline cracks develop with normal driving. Let me know if you get a chance.
Jeff- Nope, no issues at all. Like sodaman said, it's their hole process, which for the most part, eliminates stress cracks. Of course, there's always exceptions to the rule. If your car will mostly see street and limited track usage, there shouldn't be an issue with them developing stress cracks.
Google RotorPros and see what others say about them, including the Autocross folks. All seem to be very satisfied with them.

Originally Posted by GT John
Man, thanks Bill.
You're welcome John!
Old 11/1/06, 08:13 AM
mhk
Bullitt Member

Hey Bill, did you notice any difference in braking performance?
Old 11/1/06, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by mhk
Hey Bill, did you notice any difference in braking performance?
Funny you should ask... Just last week I was rockin' down the street, H-Pipe screaming, ready to go through a green light intersection until I barely heard an ambulance about to enter the same intersection! I stepped hard on the brakes and came to a stop, like right now.

How do they compare to the OEM rotors? I don't know, never got on the brakes hard with the stock set-up. But, I do know that the RotorPros rotors perform well under pressure.
Old 11/2/06, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

guys i can get rotopros for cheaper than that for all 4. 248.00 for all 4. PM me if you want to know where. This is no joke.
Old 11/2/06, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by 300HPGT
guys i can get rotopros for cheaper than that for all 4. 248.00 for all 4. PM me if you want to know where. This is no joke.
Now you chime in...

j/k, thanks for the info for the ones about to pull the trigger on these rotors.
Old 11/2/06, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 300HPGT

pm sent
Old 11/2/06, 10:48 AM
Bullitt Member

300hpgt pm sent
Old 11/2/06, 10:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

i got quoted $320 for drilled/slotted rotors, with black and Zinc plated.... not a bad deal...

plus $80 for all 4 Low dust performance brake pads, thats a steal...
Old 11/2/06, 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
i got quoted $320 for drilled/slotted rotors, with black and Zinc plated.... not a bad deal...

plus $80 for all 4 Low dust performance brake pads, thats a steal...
me too but he cant get them till he comes back from SEMA plus shipping time it will probably be 2 weeks or more...i didnt want to wait that long
Old 11/2/06, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

hmmm, its either this or pull the trigger on the brake kit from Brenspeed with the rotors, hawk brakepads, SS brake lines and fluid for $600.

hmm.......
Old 11/2/06, 01:06 PM

Hey Bill, have you had any cracks develop where the drilled portions are on the rotors? Thats the only thing that worries me about cross drilled rotors. They have a tendency to have hairline cracks develop with normal driving. Let me know if you get a chance.
Jeff, did some poking around and found this post on the LS1 Forum...

Overall, the Rotorpros held up to some pretty good abuse right until I cracked them. I mean street driving is never going to get them as hot as I did in my 60-10x6 procedure. So I think most street cars should be fine with the drilled/slotted rotors even with an aggressive pad as long as you don't get them super hot and if you are running a pad closer to stock it definately should be fine.

cracked RotorPros post

Like I mentioned, for everyday street driving and some track use, the RotorPros should hold up just fine.
Old 11/2/06, 03:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff, did some poking around and found this post on the LS1 Forum...

Overall, the Rotorpros held up to some pretty good abuse right until I cracked them. I mean street driving is never going to get them as hot as I did in my 60-10x6 procedure. So I think most street cars should be fine with the drilled/slotted rotors even with an aggressive pad as long as you don't get them super hot and if you are running a pad closer to stock it definately should be fine.

cracked RotorPros post

Like I mentioned, for everyday street driving and some track use, the RotorPros should hold up just fine.
Hey Bill, thanks for the post. Those pics are crazy!! 1 question though? That link is for the pic only, what did he do to crack the rotors? I still like the look, and really want these, even though they could lead to problems. Thanks for the info.

300HPGT, PM sent.
Old 11/2/06, 05:19 PM

Hey Bill, thanks for the post. Those pics are crazy!! 1 question though? That link is for the pic only, what did he do to crack the rotors? I still like the look, and really want these, even though they could lead to problems. Thanks for the info.

300HPGT, PM sent.
Jeff, that description above the link is from the guy who posted the pics. Apparently, 3 of the cross-drilled holes suffered cracks when subjected to extreme track braking. He mentions that if it were driven on the street, they'd be fine.
Old 11/2/06, 06:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff, that description above the link is from the guy who posted the pics. Apparently, 3 of the cross-drilled holes suffered cracks when subjected to extreme track braking. He mentions that if it were driven on the street, they'd be fine.
Thanks Bill. That is reassuring for me, to say the least, as I WANT THESE ROTORS!!!
Old 11/2/06, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I bought the R1 Concepts Inc. Rotors (http://www.r1concepts.com/Items/Combo%20Premium%20005?)

Why? I burnt up the stock rotors on my track day (see video on my site).

Setup: Stock Pads (low heat, low dust), Rotors from above link (Black PC).

Impression: Brake as good as OEM, better in the rain, look nice (aside from oxidation in the holes / non-pad contacting areas).

Issues: None to date (6k miles on Pads and Rotors).

Warning: These rotors are NOT for racing. I am certain the combination of slotted, cross-drilled, and vented will crack up like everyone else claims when smoking hot and autocrossed. I used factory pads to cut down on dust and possible heat generation. I can stop from 60 MPH, Right NOW (traction control ON), rain or shine!

Suggestions: See if a Zinc coating option can be added to the non-powder coated surface to save from the oxidation taking away from the beauty. Also, G2 has some ceramic paint (purchased, but unused) and Xenon Mods has some lay in polished Pony and Mustang inserts to drop into the wet paint when coating the calipers.(purchased, but not done).
Old 11/2/06, 07:21 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shaun_beauchamp

I bought the R1 Concepts Inc. Rotors (http://www.r1concepts.com/Items/Combo%20Premium%20005?)

Why? I burnt up the stock rotors on my track day (see video on my site).

Setup: Stock Pads (low heat, low dust), Rotors from above link (Black PC).

Impression: Brake as good as OEM, better in the rain, look nice (aside from oxidation in the holes / non-pad contacting areas).

Issues: None to date (6k miles on Pads and Rotors).

Warning: These rotors are NOT for racing. I am certain the combination of slotted, cross-drilled, and vented will crack up like everyone else claims when smoking hot and autocrossed. I used factory pads to cut down on dust and possible heat generation. I can stop from 60 MPH, Right NOW (traction control ON), rain or shine!

Suggestions: See if a Zinc coating option can be added to the non-powder coated surface to save from the oxidation taking away from the beauty. Also, G2 has some ceramic paint (purchased, but unused) and Xenon Mods has some lay in polished Pony and Mustang inserts to drop into the wet paint when coating the calipers.(purchased, but not done).
Rotorpros zinc option rotors are for the hubs only.The outer and inner edges and slots/holes will look rusty unless you paint them. Rich(rotorpros) told me me about the hubs. Taco bill never gets his car wet,thats why his look brand new. However, Tom (89trooper) just painted his on the areas explained above and they look awesome...hope this helps..you can buy them through ebay
Old 11/3/06, 09:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I would like to try those myself, but afraid the once a year road coarse I run will crack them up.
It got so hot that day that not my center caps can by turned while in the wheel vs tight.
Old 11/3/06, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
both what?

you can get a front and rear set of powerslot rotors from LMPerformance for $400, which is not a bad deal.

you can also order a stage 1 and stage 2 brake package from Brenspeed. stage 1 and stage 2 differing from what they offer. the stage two offers HAWK brake pads, brake fluid, SS brake lines and rotors (your choice -drilled or slotted- for like $650.
WHAT SIZE ARE THESE ROTORS?
Old 11/3/06, 04:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
same as stock im 99% sure

Quick Reply: Choices for Slotted/Drilled front rotors