GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Check out Modular Depot

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/07, 08:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out Modular Depot

I have been running a tune from a well known tuner on this board for the last 2 years, up until recently...when I found out about a little known place with a very good reputation and proven race winning background. I am talking about Modular Depot, just across the river from Cincinnati, Ohio.

I had the folks at http://www.modulardepot.com/ install my 4.10's a few months ago, and they did an excellent job. I also wanted to put my car on their dyno to see what kind of numbers I was putting to the ground. So this past Saturday, Ken Bjonnes, of Modular Depot set me up on the dyno and hooked me up with one of his tunes. I was very impressed! The numbers spoke for themselves. I was about 10 HP over the other tune I was running, and it was at a much safer air/fuel ratio. Ken's tune also fixed an issue I had for 2 years, where if I took off right away from a cold start, my car would hesitate and "buck." Also, for those of you with an o/r setup....Ken's tune has definitely quieted down the "trumpeting" sound that we get at 2500rpms.

I can definitely feel a difference in the Modular Depot tune, vs. the other tune I was running. It seems much smoother and has more bottom end "seat of the pants" feeling to it than the other tune. I couldnt be more pleased with it!!

So if you guys want to try an alternative to the top tuners on here, I highly suggest checking out the folks at Modular Depot...they are a great group of people! They have an excellent shop and their showroom is awesome. Plus they have 2 cute ladies that work at the front desk. lol.
Old 10/2/07, 08:44 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
+1 on ModDepot! Those guys are topnotch!

I am curious if your previous tune was "canned" or was it also tuned on a dyno as MD did. If it was "canned" that would be the reason(s) for some of your issues (which I am sure you know).
Old 10/2/07, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
+1 on ModDepot! Those guys are topnotch!

I am curious if your previous tune was "canned" or was it also tuned on a dyno as MD did. If it was "canned" that would be the reason(s) for some of your issues (which I am sure you know).
It was a canned tune.
Old 10/2/07, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by holeshot
It was a canned tune.
It's hard to tune a car hundreds (if not thousands) of miles away. Dyno tune > Canned tune. Always.
Old 10/2/07, 02:14 PM
Cobra Member

I have been wondering about them, I guess I might give them a try now that someone else has. How much do they charge for a dyno tune if you don't mind me asking.
Old 10/2/07, 02:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Very cool. I'm wondering how the trumpetting sound was helped with the tune. I love the volume of offroad pipes, but I refuse to go back because of the trumpets.
Old 10/3/07, 05:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 302svt
I have been wondering about them, I guess I might give them a try now that someone else has. How much do they charge for a dyno tune if you don't mind me asking.

They charged me $125 for an hour on the dyno and a tune. Well worth it to me. Some of the guys are charging a lot for just an email tune, plus I got an hour on the dyno.
Old 10/3/07, 05:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by y22kc
Very cool. I'm wondering how the trumpetting sound was helped with the tune. I love the volume of offroad pipes, but I refuse to go back because of the trumpets.
Dont get me wrong, it still makes that sound, but its not as loud and annoying. I was finding myself letting off the throttle around 2500 just to not make that sound. Now I can stay into it at part throttle and its not as noticeable. I'm guessing its something to do with the valve settings or something? Either way, it made a difference for me.
Old 10/3/07, 07:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by holeshot
They charged me $125 for an hour on the dyno and a tune. Well worth it to me. Some of the guys are charging a lot for just an email tune, plus I got an hour on the dyno.
Sounds like a pretty good deal.
Old 10/4/07, 07:18 PM
GT Member

Ken is the only one I let tune my car and does a fantastic job. A canned tune is not a good idea if you have no ther option. Ken isn't too tickled about sending "canned tunes" himself. Glad to hear you are another happy customer.