GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CHECK THIS OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/06, 11:25 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just giving everybody the head's up. My parent's are both involved in law enforcement in California and when I woke up this morning they told me about a new law that was recently passed. They said that if a police officer catches you street racing, somebody see's you racing and report's you, or you even rev your engine like you are thinking about racing, the police will come to your house and impound your car, which means they will permantly take your ride and you would still have to pay for it, and you face the possibility of jail time. Is that crazy or what!! That's like my worst nightmare It only passed in California though so everybody else is allright. So keep it on the track!!!
Old 1/29/06, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would worry, but I am not, because I live in PA, and track race. Good info though!
Old 1/29/06, 11:44 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 2005sonicgt@January 29, 2006, 12:28 PM
Just giving everybody the head's up. My parent's are both involved in law enforcement in California and when I woke up this morning they told me about a new law that was recently passed. They said that if a police officer catches you street racing, somebody see's you racing and report's you, or you even rev your engine like you are thinking about racing, the police will come to your house and impound your car, which means they will permantly take your ride and you would still have to pay for it, and you face the possibility of jail time. Is that crazy or what!! That's like my worst nightmare It only passed in California though so everybody else is allright. So keep it on the track!!!

I could see the first part of that if your caught racing. But reving your engine?Sounds like BS to keep the kid honest. I have been google for awhile now and can find no info on this. There is a law that allows LA cops to crush a car if it is deemed a nusance(sp) ie in a fatal crash or been cited many times.
Old 1/29/06, 11:46 AM
V6 Member

Here ya go a link to new laws.

http://mrtraffic.com/2006.htm

http://losangeles.about.com/od/transportat...carlaws2006.htm
Old 1/29/06, 11:58 AM
GT Member

I certainly didn't see anything regarding reving? Dude confront your parents on that. That is "strong arm" tactics and if they have resort to that, their position is weak.
Old 1/29/06, 12:01 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally posted by speco2005@January 29, 2006, 10:47 AM
I could see the first part of that if your caught racing. But reving your engine?Sounds like BS to keep the kid honest. I have been google for awhile now and can find no info on this. There is a law that allows LA cops to crush a car if it is deemed a nusance(sp) ie in a fatal crash or been cited many times.
I was just saying what my parent's told me. Maybe they were trying to scare me because they know that I like to street race, but hey I got a good idea speco, why don't next time you are next to a cop try it out and see what happens

Old 1/29/06, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by 2005sonicgt@January 29, 2006, 1:28 PM
Doesn't this sound more realistic?

Street Racing Enforcement Toughened -

Under existing law it is a misdemeanor to engage in a motor vehicle speed contest and will result in imprisonment in a county jail for not less than 24 hours nor more than 90 days.

The new law will extend the penalty to not less than 30 days nor more than 6 months, or by a fine, or by both fine and imprisonment, if a person is convicted of engaging in a motor vehicle speed contest and that violation proximately causes bodily injury to a person other than the driver.

Community service of 40 hours will also be required and the privilege to operate a motor vehicle may be suspended for 90 days to six months.
If a repeat violation occurrs within 5 years of the date of a prior offense it will result in imprisonment in a county jail for not less than 30 days nor more than 6 months and there will be a specified fine. -AB 1325

Here is the Link
Old 1/29/06, 12:05 PM

typical California, pay 2million$ for a house worth 200K; 9th circuit court of appeals; frisco (nuff said there), taxed until you are bled dry; now no revving of engines; whats's next tax on O2 consumption??? etc etc etc.
Old 1/29/06, 12:10 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

It really make's sence to me though because of all the kid's dying out here from street racing, did you guy's see that crx on the new's that was split in half because a kid lost control in front of an elementary school. It does seem pretty harsh but there are a lot of idots out there. I told my mom to get me the paper's on it though so I can see exactly what it say's
Old 1/29/06, 12:15 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally posted by thump_rrr@January 29, 2006, 11:05 AM
Doesn't this sound more realistic?

Street Racing Enforcement Toughened -

Under existing law it is a misdemeanor to engage in a motor vehicle speed contest and will result in imprisonment in a county jail for not less than 24 hours nor more than 90 days.

The new law will extend the penalty to not less than 30 days nor more than 6 months, or by a fine, or by both fine and imprisonment, if a person is convicted of engaging in a motor vehicle speed contest and that violation proximately causes bodily injury to a person other than the driver.

Community service of 40 hours will also be required and the privilege to operate a motor vehicle may be suspended for 90 days to six months.
If a repeat violation occurrs within 5 years of the date of a prior offense it will result in imprisonment in a county jail for not less than 30 days nor more than 6 months and there will be a specified fine. -AB 1325

Here is the Link

Man my parent's like to alway's over do it. They were probably trying to scare me. :nono:
Old 1/29/06, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

This has been going on in Florida and Texas for awhile now. They're not messing with you. It's called "exhibition of speed".
Old 1/29/06, 03:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 2005sonicgt@January 29, 2006, 11:28 AM
<<somebody see's you racing and report's you, or you even rev your engine like you are thinking about racing, the police will come to your house and impound your car, which means they will permantly take your ride>> I would think a police officer would need a little more proof then "I saw this blue Mustang (using my car as an example) racing another car/reving his engine"...and the responding officer either sees your car parked in the driveway (or sees you driving) and assumes it's the car that was reported and impounds it.

Let's say that someone is in fact racing a blue Mustang in my neighborhood....I happen to know of at least three other blue Mustangs in the area...how can an officer pick the right car without a license place or description of the driver?
Old 1/29/06, 04:57 PM
Cobra Member

I see nothing wrong with the street racing penalties.

Whats crazy is how badly California hates those little pocket bikes. I don't own one, or have any want to but I could see buying one for your kid to play with. They can't even ride them in off road areas where you can ride an atv! My guess is they are afraid people will use them for cheap transportation and they are not able to garner tax revenue by requireing them to register/tag them. Sorry OT but California law makers crack me up.
Old 1/29/06, 05:24 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 2005sonicgt@January 29, 2006, 1:04 PM
I was just saying what my parent's told me. Maybe they were trying to scare me because they know that I like to street race, but hey I got a good idea speco, why don't next time you are next to a cop try it out and see what happens

No problemo got SLP Loumouths on mine and revd next to several bike cops which are the ones who write most of the tix here in Vegas. Been fine so far.

Comments edited by moderator. No wonder your parents are trying to scare ya, they dont want to be the cop parents who have a kid in jail for killin somebody.
Old 1/29/06, 08:54 PM
V6 Member

Cool

Post removed by moderator: If you have any issues with other members contact the admin
Old 1/29/06, 08:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. Kind words.
Old 1/29/06, 09:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by korinwoodo@January 29, 2006, 10:01 PM
Wow. Kind words.

Some folks just are not real bright.
Old 1/29/06, 10:52 PM

Where's the cop parents when you need them?
Old 1/29/06, 10:58 PM
Bullitt Member

just another reason for me to never go to california.
Old 1/30/06, 03:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2005sonicgt@January 29, 2006, 11:13 AM
It really make's sence to me though because of all the kid's dying out here from street racing, did you guy's see that crx on the new's that was split in half because a kid lost control in front of an elementary school. It does seem pretty harsh but there are a lot of idots out there. I told my mom to get me the paper's on it though so I can see exactly what it say's
What type of people get in these accidents? The retards in Civics and cars not meant to exceed 70mph. There aren't as many kids dying out her from street racing as the media and parents want you to think there is. There aren't near enough tracks to even give the police or anyone for that matter, an assumption that they're trying to prevent street racing.

Quick Reply: CHECK THIS OUT!