GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CHE Brace Installed

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/08 | 02:11 PM
I lust for a M24

CHE Brace Installed

Everything look OK to those who've done this before? I know you're not supposed to compress the bushings beyond the washers, but they kept rotating out of alignment to get a perfect view. I just decided to be smart about it and go with looked right overall.
Now, I've gone out and driven it - I can't believe what a difference this part makes. One part improves both shifting up the entrance ramp and turning on the cloverleafs. Can't wait to get it to the strip.

Old 7/4/08 | 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I have them and they look right. do you have the prothane mm?
Old 7/4/08 | 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

What exactly does this brace/re-enforce?
Old 7/4/08 | 09:16 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by travelers
I have them and they look right. do you have the prothane mm?
Nope, stockers.
Old 7/4/08 | 09:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Those look good to me John. I guess I didn't realize that the picture on the left isn't tightened down yet. Do the motor mounts next and you'll think you just bought a race car.

This is a good mod. I'm thinking of taking mine off and selling them instead of letting them go with the car.
Attached Thumbnails CHE Brace Installed-057-small-.jpg   CHE Brace Installed-058-small-.jpg   CHE Brace Installed-034-small-.jpg  

Last edited by GRAYPNY; 7/4/08 at 09:49 PM.
Old 7/6/08 | 01:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 08VistablueGT
What exactly does this brace/re-enforce?
This mod does two things for the S197:

1) It helps brace the lower control arms, so cornering loads are carried more equally by both sides. This helps prevent the lower control arms from moving around under hard corning and causing the car to be squirmy. This the red bar and this mod helps stick and auto cars equally.

2) The adjustable arms that are bolted to the transmission off the red bar brace the engine/transmission and help prevent it from rotating (as much) under high torque moments (red line with your foot fully in the throttle for example!). This REALLY helps the manual car because of the design of our shifters: the shifter is mounted to the BODY of the car and then links to the transmission through a rod. As the engine rotates over, it causes the shifter to become more and more out of alignment with the transmission. That can make it more and more difficult to speed shift at higher rpms. The more power you have, the worse it gets. I can't say if/how it helps the auto car, but keeping your engine from moving around in the engine bay is never a bad thing!

Definitely a lot of bang/buck in this mod.

Last edited by RRRoamer; 7/6/08 at 01:26 PM. Reason: I can't spell to save my life!!!
Old 7/6/08 | 01:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Prothane motor mounts will also help this issue in both auto and manual cars. They should be considered at the same time to get the "whole package" effect. For $120 bucks shipped they are a worthy investment.
Old 7/6/08 | 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RRRoamer

1) It helps brace the lower control arms, so cornering loads are carried more equally by both sides. This helps prevent the lower control arms from moving around under hard corning and causing the car to be squirmy. This the red bar and this mod helps stick and auto cars equally.

2) The adjustable arms that are bolted to the transmission off the red bar brace the engine/transmission and help prevent it from rotating (as much) under high torque moments (red line with your foot fully in the throttle for example!). This REALLY helps the manual car because of the design of our shifters: the shifter is mounted to the BODY of the car and then links to the transmission through a rod. As the engine rotates over, it causes the shifter to become more and more out of alignment with the transmission. That can make it more and more difficult to speed shift at higher rpms. The more power you have, the worse it gets. I can't say if/how it helps the auto car, but keeping your engine from moving around in the engine bay is never a bad thing!

Great write up. Really good to know.
Old 7/6/08 | 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RRRoamer

I agree but with the soft MMs I don't like the idea of the center of the trans held tight and the MMs able to move around and the slightly harder trans mount.
Old 7/6/08 | 04:45 PM
I lust for a M24

Yeah, I'm considering the MM's too. Does anyone know how difficult they are to install? Any special tools necessary? Tacobill write-up, etc avail?
Old 7/6/08 | 04:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Yeah, I'm considering the MM's too. Does anyone know how difficult they are to install? Any special tools necessary? Tacobill write-up, etc avail?

Follow Tacobill's writeup and you will be just fine.
Old 7/6/08 | 07:16 PM
Post *****

John,

I did the motor mounts install during the header install. I think the motor mounts as said above is a great mod. It really helped over those soft stock mounts. It really is easy and as usual Bill's how to is spot on. I would definitely, highly recommend this mod. When you pull the stocker and then compare it to the Prothane its just like the LCA's and everything else. In a perfect non cost prohibitive world they would all come this way off the line.

Gary