GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Changing my roush exhaust... need input!

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/05, 08:35 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I've been noticing that the more I drive my car the louder I want it to be. I love the way the roush exhaust tips look and if i had a choice I would keep the tips and change out for a more gurgle sound. The magna-flow just sounds to importish. Need input on which ones sound better.
Old 8/28/05, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

WHAT!!! I love my ROUSH sound. Not loud enough?? add some full length headers, and an off-road mid pipes, that would be loud U need to hear it person to enjoy it.

But seriously...if U change it, keep the tips if possble, they unbolt, and have a ceramic coating on the edges. Might have a problem lining it up with the ROUSH cut outs in the bumper. Look under your car, you can see the GT cutouts behind the ROUSH valance....they are offset
U could always remove the ROUSH ground effects on the rear, and U will be left w/ the stock GT cutouts....YUCK!!

Its a ROUSH, leave it that way, but I was young once and wanted to be loud and obnoxious.

No Import sound here. I even stood behind it on the DYNO from 3-6.5 RPM...sounds F'n AWESOME, not importish....not even close..
Old 8/28/05, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree, no import likeness here. I just can't decide whether to go with off road prochamer or X... Definately do need more sound though.