GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CDC Shaker System

Old 1/3/07, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDC Shaker System

I am a month away from upgrading my 2006 Mustang GT which sits stock right now. I have around $2K for the first stage and I am considering going with the Roush cold air intake and axle back exhaust...however I really love the look of the CDC Shaker system. Does anyone have any information on the performance upgrade (if any) by installing the shaker? I would hate to cut my hood for only a minor performance upgrade or an appearance upgrade also. I would appreciate any info out there on this topic.

As for the exterior upgrade I am torn between the 3D Carbon kit from Atlanta Mustang (pre-painted Cobra replica tail fin; window louvers; and side scoops) or the Roush pre-painted tail fin and window louvers. Any advice on this?

Lastly the exhaust is still up in the air as I am torn between the Roush axle back and the Flowmaster American Thunder?

Sorry for the long post, and I appreciate any advice.
Old 1/3/07, 11:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

the shaker is cosmetic i would go with an intake and tuner from Bamachips, a pypes off-road mid pipe from Brenspeed and an axle back system, best for performance and sound
Old 1/3/07, 11:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah... I'm afraid it for looks only. But mine makes me feel like it is going faster.
Scott
Old 1/3/07, 11:19 PM

Thanks Dragon, I appreciate it...I just checked out Bamachips and Breenspeed and liked what I saw. I will also sleep better tonight knowing that I wont need to saw into my hood. As for the mid-pipes are those something that a novice such as myself can handle? I am not worried about the axleback or the intake or even body kits, but the mid-pipes may be above my tech level? Your thoughts?
Old 1/3/07, 11:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If you can install your own intake and exhuast you should have no problem doing the O/R pipe. Check out "TacoBills" write-up so you can get a feel of what's involved.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...85&postcount=1
Old 1/3/07, 11:31 PM

Thanks Everyone

Thanks all...I really appreciate it. New to the forum today but def., going to stick around as this has been a great resource.
Old 1/4/07, 12:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

This is an awesome place with alot of info and opinions on parts, if you decide to go with the pypes off-road H then here is a thread for you there is a bit of a problem with the flange design in them and here is a way to fix it:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=58205
oh and i highly recommend the JLT and SCT tuner from Bamachips, my order should be coming in this friday and i will do a full right up on how to install it and Taco Bill also has write-ups on how to tune your car and download new tunes, plus the owner of alot of parts dealers for the mustang post on these boards so if you need info you can find them, Doug the owner of Bamachips posts here now and then and is known for his 100% customer satisfaction, he knows how to take car of his customers
Old 1/4/07, 05:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Call and talk to Brenspeed about their tunes too; they are top notch. Both Brenspeed and Bamachips are outstanding suppliers.
Old 1/4/07, 07:31 PM
V6 Member

I just installed Dougs tunes from Bamachips via the SCT Xcal 2 and it is a huge difference. You will not be dissapointed with a tuner from him. Takes only 3-5 minutes to do and you have a much quicker car.
Old 1/5/07, 08:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by jtcracker
I am a month away from upgrading my 2006 Mustang GT which sits stock right now. I have around $2K for the first stage and I am considering going with the Roush cold air intake and axle back exhaust...however I really love the look of the CDC Shaker system. Does anyone have any information on the performance upgrade (if any) by installing the shaker? I would hate to cut my hood for only a minor performance upgrade or an appearance upgrade also.
Ah Hell get them both. I have the CDC Shaker, I don't care about minor if any performance gains it just looks cool, and just got the C & L Intake w/SCT2 & BamaChips Tunes. Now if the weather would just cooperate with me so I can install them. It really is not that bad cutting a hole in your hood. My car was less than 3 months old, and my neighbors thought I was nuts when they seen the jig saw going through my hood.
Do what you like, don't worry about what performance it gives you, unless that is what you are after.
Old 1/5/07, 09:40 AM
GT Member

I have the CDC Shaker, I don't care about not that bad cutting a hole in your hood. My car was less than 3 months old, and my neighbors thought I was nuts when they seen the jig saw going through my hood.

I'm gonna get the shaker too...I was worried about the neighbor thing, now I know what to expect!