GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CDC Chin Spoiler Questions

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/07, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CDC Chin Spoiler Questions

Hi all.. thx for the replies on your experience with paint estimates, which leads me to two more questions:
(1) anyone add vinyl stripes right after getting their chin spoiler painted? Or do I need to let paint cure/breath for 2 months before adding vinyl stripes?

(2) anyone apply a 3M or Avery Dennison clear bra over vinyl stripes? Do they make a kit for the chin spoiler?

Thanks. Doc
Old 1/23/07, 11:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DoctorQ
Hi all.. thx for the replies on your experience with paint estimates, which leads me to two more questions:
(1) anyone add vinyl stripes right after getting their chin spoiler painted? Or do I need to let paint cure/breath for 2 months before adding vinyl stripes?

(2) anyone apply a 3M or Avery Dennison clear bra over vinyl stripes? Do they make a kit for the chin spoiler?

Thanks. Doc
As far as question #1, they recommend not waxing the new paint for 60-90 days so I wouldn't think the vinyl stripes should be treated any differently. Wait for the paint to cure.

Can't help you on #2
Old 1/23/07, 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Daryl, thanks for the reply... I think what I'll do is have the chin spoiler painted.. then let it sit in the garage for a couple of months before installing.. after the install, I can stripe the spoiler to match the existing stripes.

As for #2, I'm hoping someone found a solution to protect the chin spoiler paint.. I was considering adding a clear bra to the front-end, but can't find a company that makes a kit/piece for the chin spoiler... how are the rest of you 'chinsters' protecting your investment?
Thanks,
Doc