GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CALLING ALL EXHAUST/PIPE/HEADER OWNERS

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/05, 04:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

*****<span style='color:blue'>BEFORE YOU READ ON: I KNOW this topic really bothers people since there are SO many threads on it, but please please pleaaaase bear with me and help me out! I dont mean to !*****</span>

Thanks to someone who showed me a write-up on how we don't get our cars emissions checked in California until 2011:w00tLink to the Site), I think that gives plenty of us 2005 GT owners to mess around with our exhaust steups. Up until yesderday, I was STILL posting a sh!tload of threads to try to get the best LEGAL muffler/x-pipe set-up, and I couldn't stop looking...c: . Now, since Ive found out that we don't get smogged until 2011, I want to consider other options, such as Off-Road H Pipes, Long Tube Headers, and what not.

Lets make this one the INFORMATIVE one where people can hear clips and read information, just like the STICKIED thread we have..we can have your clips transferred to that thread from here !

Friendly Forumers...Give us your:

Opinions on Deepness, Loudness, Drone, Burbles, Rasp
-What set-up you have (Stock H Pipe, or, say, a Catted X-Pipe from Bassani)
-SOUND CLIPS/VIDEOS of your set-up in the street (PLEASE!!)
-The price you paid, where you got it from
-What you would recommend to someone who wants a loud, deep, neighbor-waking, head-turning exhaust!

There are tons of you that are hiding in these forums with modified exhaust systems. Post up all you have, all you know about it, where you got it from, and PLEASE have some videos or sound clips so we can get a taste of YOUR system!

(BTW- is it off-road pipes/headers that give the car this nasty, racecar-like sound from the exhausts? JBAs full system gives the car a sound that makes you think your either at a race or your listening to a broken-down car... :scratch: )
Old 7/6/05, 04:59 PM
GT Member

This is what I would get, long tube headers, off road mid pipe(X,H, Pro Chamber it don't matter) and some chambered mufflers. You can get this whole setup from MAC. I'm saving my pennies to get this setup but it will be awhile since headers went up about $600.00 since last time I bought some.
Old 7/6/05, 05:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Rakkassan if I got the complete MAC set-up, wouldnt that sort of sound like the complete JBA set-up I was talking about?

BTW- What if I got the Loudmouths and got O/R Prochambers?
Old 7/6/05, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh mistake on my part, the bill for the emissions thing is ONLY in California! Ive posted the link in the first post. Enjoy!
Old 7/6/05, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GhostGT@July 6, 2005, 4:30 PM
Oh mistake on my part, the bill for the emissions thing is ONLY in California!
I was going to clarify that for you... but you beat me to it.
Old 7/6/05, 05:39 PM

JBA full lenghth stainless, off road h-pipe, axle backs. I know from personal experience it makes power and contributed to 12's in the 1/4 mi. Plus, J. Bittle is a great person, really customer oriented and interested in the small time guys not just the corporate cruisers.
Old 7/6/05, 05:57 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by GhostGT@July 6, 2005, 5:18 PM
Rakkassan if I got the complete MAC set-up, wouldnt that sort of sound like the complete JBA set-up I was talking about?

BTW- What if I got the Loudmouths and got O/R Prochambers?
Yes I think they'd sound the same. As far as loudmouths and O/R Pro chamber I was thinking about gutting my cats to get the same effect but kinda not wanting to because I think it'd be too loud then.

The loudmouths don't give the car that deep rumble like chambered mufflers do. If I could do it over again I would have gotten the MAC mufflers(I think they sound the deepest and loudest) and the off road pro chamber.
Old 7/6/05, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dhof303@July 6, 2005, 5:42 PM
JBA full lenghth stainless, off road h-pipe, axle backs. I know from personal experience it makes power and contributed to 12's in the 1/4 mi. Plus, J. Bittle is a great person, really customer oriented and interested in the small time guys not just the corporate cruisers.
dhof, there are clips on the JBA website that sound so awesome I want to jump on them right now... like THESE:

http://www.jbaheaders.com/video/steeda_qtr1.MPG

http://www.jbaheaders.com/video/steeda_qtr2.MPG

The thing is, though, that sound isn't EXACTLY what I want... and after I heard THIS clip, I was pretty much disgusted with this set-up..It sounds like the mufflers are gonna fall off at Idle after revving it a bit...

http://www.jbaheaders.com/Sound%20Fi...ustang_rev.mp3

What causes that sound, the Off Road legs on the pipes or the Long Tube headers?
Old 7/6/05, 06:37 PM

I am not sure what you are talking about, my car is definitely loud. It has a crisp sound change at 2500 rpm from the opening of the charge motion plates but I will be removing those. I do know that at every race or national event I get numerous compliments about the sound of our car. My wife would probably not like me suggesting that someone else get the same setup as we have but I am for making the roads full of fast Mustangs. If you are picky about sound then I would not purchase any setup unless I heard it in person, they are distinctly different when digitized on the net.
Old 7/6/05, 07:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dhof303@July 6, 2005, 6:40 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about, my car is definitely loud. It has a crisp sound change at 2500 rpm from the opening of the charge motion plates but I will be removing those. I do know that at every race or national event I get numerous compliments about the sound of our car. My wife would probably not like me suggesting that someone else get the same setup as we have but I am for making the roads full of fast Mustangs. If you are picky about sound then I would not purchase any setup unless I heard it in person, they are distinctly different when digitized on the net.
dhof do you have any clips of your own car? And if not, is there ANY way you can maybe just pick up a video camera or record some sound off that baby?

EDIT- what i was talking about with the SOUND was, if you look at the links of the JBA videos, the last link sounds really wierd, almost like theres no deepness or any sound to the exhaust other than air coming out... I cant really explain it, but if you listen to any other exhaust being turned on, then listen to that last link, you'll know what I mean... FOR EXAMPLE...

SLP Loudmouths: Normal Sounding Exhaust Set-Up
JBA Full System: Sounds dull and Race-Likem with TONS of rasp

What is the cause of the RASP in the JBA? Is it the off road pipes? Is it the long tube headers? Its not the axle-back...
Old 7/6/05, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Comon guys I need more feedback from all of you aftermarket exhaust owners! Give me some NEW video clips of your ProChambers, different headers, bla bla.... PLEASE!
Old 7/6/05, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Comon guys I need more feedback from all of you aftermarket exhaust owners! Give me some NEW video clips of your ProChambers, different headers, bla bla.... PLEASE!
Old 7/7/05, 08:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK, I think i've found it. This is the exhaust setup I'm gonna go with: Exhaust
Old 7/7/05, 12:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Now THATS a killer exhaust FireDragon...
Man doesn't ANYONE on this forum run SP Loudmouth's with a Prochamber that is NOT with the stock cats? Better yet, can someone maybe post a video of OUTSIDE runs with Loudmouths and a stock cat Pro chamber?
Old 7/7/05, 05:06 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by GhostGT@July 7, 2005, 12:35 PM
Now THATS a killer exhaust FireDragon...
Man doesn't ANYONE on this forum run SP Loudmouth's with a Prochamber that is NOT with the stock cats? Better yet, can someone maybe post a video of OUTSIDE runs with Loudmouths and a stock cat Pro chamber?
I could record some and email them to you. You just wanting a vid of me driving by?
Old 7/7/05, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rakkassan34@July 7, 2005, 5:09 PM
I could record some and email them to you. You just wanting a vid of me driving by?

Check your PMs !
Old 7/7/05, 09:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I've got the Bassani X-Pipe with Comp Cats. It's the aluminized steel version not the stainless version. Purchased at Dallas Mustang for $385.00. I though this was a good deal. I also have the IMCO axle back system form NinoSport.com for $329.95... This was a little pricy IMO but I'm pleased with the sound.

http://www.dallasmustang.com/

https://www.ninosport.com/index.asp?PageAct...anfID=12&Page=1

I ran the off-road legs for a day but did not like the sound... way to raspy and loud for my taste so I put the comp cats on. Still quite loud but not as raspy.
Old 7/7/05, 11:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Well just to chime in on the exhaust talk. If you like bassani stuff, just go with the bassani competition cats/offroad pipes, xpipe, and axle back. Awesome sound. And if your in the mood, you can switch the comp cats with the off road pipes they send with the kit. SO you have your choice, comp cats/offroad, all in one package. Well I think it took two packages to deliver. Axle backs in one. Xpipe/compcats/offroadpipes in the other. IF your into doing the headers too, add those later. But I tell you what , with those offroad pipes instead of comp cats put on, it would to be one heck of a loud exhaust. Because with my set up it is already very loud. Good luck

P.S. Oh yah with the comp cats, xpipe, and axlebacks installed no CEL's, and supposedly puts out about 40 hp with a tune. 20 with out.

Very mean mustang sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7/8/05, 12:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Sodaman,

How much different does the x-pipe with comp cats make the bassani axle backs sound?

Just bassani axlebacks
Old 7/8/05, 09:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Never had it any other way, other than whole set up, so dont know. But like I said, if your looking for that nice loud mustang sound, very deep, and a nice burble on decent, then thats exactly what you want. Very loud, and mean race inspired sound. Good luck
Can't recommend them highly enough.

Quick Reply: CALLING ALL EXHAUST/PIPE/HEADER OWNERS