GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

A/C question about draining

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/07, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C question about draining

I've been having an issue with musty/mold smell in my A/C this year. I've taken it in for service and done most of the recommendations. New filter, lysol, run the fan with no a/c before shutting it off etc.

On all my other cars I always noticed a good quantity of water after I shut the car off and I can't say I'm seeing that with the GT. My wife's CR-V starts peeing as soon as you stop the car it seems.

Question is where exactly does the a/c drain on these cars? This afternoon I "think" I saw some water dripping on the drivers side but it was so slight I couldn't be positive. I'm used to it being on the passenger side

If I knew where it was coming from I can check the drain myself (yeah, not good luck with the dealer and really don't trust them anymore)

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Chris
Old 5/8/07, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

My buddy just took his Saleen in for a problem like this. On each side , along the firewall, there is a little black rubber "nozzle" kinda thing that the water from the cowl vents drains out of. My buddy's "nozzle" was clogged, turns out on both sides, from oak tree debris (he parks outside). On the passenger side, the A/C condensation also drain into and thru this area. The little "nozzle" is flat, maybe 2 inches wide, black flimsy rubber, hangs down, opens at the bottom. We just squeezed it a little, moved it open an closed and a significant amount of water, leaves, etc. drained out, like more than a full cup. His A/C condensation had backed up an produced a puddle of water inside the passenger floor board.

See if you can find those little "nozzle, flappy things" and move them around a bit to see if they are clogged.
Old 5/8/07, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Lowe!
My buddy just took his Saleen in for a problem like this. On each side , along the firewall, there is a little black rubber "nozzle" kinda thing that the water from the cowl vents drains out of. My buddy's "nozzle" was clogged, turns out on both sides, from oak tree debris (he parks outside). On the passenger side, the A/C condensation also drain into and thru this area. The little "nozzle" is flat, maybe 2 inches wide, black flimsy rubber, hangs down, opens at the bottom. We just squeezed it a little, moved it open an closed and a significant amount of water, leaves, etc. drained out, like more than a full cup. His A/C condensation had backed up an produced a puddle of water inside the passenger floor board.

See if you can find those little "nozzle, flappy things" and move them around a bit to see if they are clogged.
Jim, thanks, I'll look for them this afternoon.
Old 5/8/07, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had a musty smell in my beater. I got 2 boxes of baking soda for refrigerators and the smell was gone in a few days.
Old 5/17/07, 02:02 PM

Were You Able To Get That Mold/misty Smell Out? I Have A 05 Vert That Is Smelling Like A Smelly Old Sock-i Have Check All The Things-water Floor-no Signs Of Water Any Where-not The Air Vents-i Can't Find The A/c Drain?? Did You Find It??
Old 5/17/07, 02:26 PM

Ok It's My First Post Ever!!-did You Ever Get That Smell Out Of Your Car? I Have A 05 Vert That Is Starting To Smell Like Mold-i Have Checked For Water In The Carpet, It Isn't Wet-but I Can't Find That A/c Drian- Did You Find It?