GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

C&L Intake, Alt. Auto Xcal2 installed

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/05, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recieved them in the mail yesterday, intalled them last night. Took me about an hour an a half for both due to disruptions and taking my time. I installed the MAF bracket too and it was a bear to get it tightened down after everything was in place, and I still don't think I did a good enough job and will go back and retighten again.

XCal2 install went flawlessly. Installed the 93 Octane tune, i've also got an 89 octane, and a 93 - 2degrees global tune in case I run into knock, but I don't think I'll need it.

Coming from the Diablo tuner/tune I have to say I wish I would have just waited for the XCal2. There's no doubt there is a difference in automatic transmission drivability right from the start. Shifts are firmer and spaced out more. Transmission now responds to pedal position rather than shifting the same no matter what. After driving for one day my opinion is that the pedal may be TOO responsive now. I find myself lunging off of stops based on my ingrained driving habits of the last 6 months.

Second gear will chirp WOT everytime so far and third feels like it wants to also but haven't heard one yet.

RPM's drop back down to 1k like they should when you get off the gas while cruising now too.

Is it faster? I dunno. Friday I'm going to the track and that will tell me, but to me it was worth it just for drivability issues. It "FEELS" like it has more pull now down low, say 2 to 4 grand where I do most of my driving.

I'll post my times this weekend.
Chris
Old 6/28/05, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Glad you're happy. I've tried to get people to try Alternatives tune when I can. I will share in the pedal being sensitive, but once you get used to it you'll forget about it. Let us know how your track results go.

Thanks Mike
Old 6/28/05, 09:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by My Blue Heaven@June 28, 2005, 11:44 AM
Recieved them in the mail yesterday, intalled them last night. Took me about an hour an a half for both due to disruptions and taking my time. I installed the MAF bracket too and it was a bear to get it tightened down after everything was in place, and I still don't think I did a good enough job and will go back and retighten again.

XCal2 install went flawlessly. Installed the 93 Octane tune, i've also got an 89 octane, and a 93 - 2degrees global tune in case I run into knock, but I don't think I'll need it.

Coming from the Diablo tuner/tune I have to say I wish I would have just waited for the XCal2. There's no doubt there is a difference in automatic transmission drivability right from the start. Shifts are firmer and spaced out more. Transmission now responds to pedal position rather than shifting the same no matter what. After driving for one day my opinion is that the pedal may be TOO responsive now. I find myself lunging off of stops based on my ingrained driving habits of the last 6 months.

Second gear will chirp WOT everytime so far and third feels like it wants to also but haven't heard one yet.

RPM's drop back down to 1k like they should when you get off the gas while cruising now too.

Is it faster? I dunno. Friday I'm going to the track and that will tell me, but to me it was worth it just for drivability issues. It "FEELS" like it has more pull now down low, say 2 to 4 grand where I do most of my driving.

Chris
have u been to the track with stock engine? times?
Old 6/28/05, 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by My Blue Heaven@June 28, 2005, 11:44 AM

Chris
have u been to the track with stock engine? times? what numbers did AA tell you you have now ex:hp/tq?
Old 6/29/05, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I've been to the track numerous times, do a search on my name and you'll see them. AA said I should be between 15 and 20 hp over stock if I recall correctly. That would put me at around 280 rwhp now. I really couldn't care less about what my HP is compared to my track times and drivability with the auto tranny. my best 1/4 time was 14 secs and my best 1/8 has been 9.03.

That being said, probably in a few months I'll take it back to the dyno and get some numbers for it.
Old 7/14/05, 12:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well guys, another Alternative Auto believer. Went to Michigan yesterday, had Lidio drive the car with the Predator tune still installed, when he came back he said it'll be like night and day after he was finished with it.

Being the skeptic that I am, I was a little hesitant to believe him. Well I'm a skeptic no more, it's like night and day. Same grin on my face as I had the first month or so with the car. Lidio's fixes for the auto tranny have worked miracles and it's fun to drive - just like a stick.

I enjoyed the Predator but for our auto cars, Lidio's tune is a MUST HAVE. He's changed too many parameters in the electronic mgmt system to talk about.....if you're interested, give him a call.

This is by far the best bang for the buck (ok, 399 of them) that I've experienced.

Mark.
Old 7/14/05, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

This is all good news guys, as I gave AA a call yesterday and placed my order for the C&L and X-CAL 2/Tunes combo for $750.00. I am patiently waiting for the big brown truck to deliver my package. The guy I spoke to at AA was very nice and said that at the latest my stuff would go out today, since Lydio was busy with an out of state customer, at the time of my call. Might that have been you Original sin?
Old 7/14/05, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

There is NOTHING better than an AA tune by Lidio for the auto. I say it every chance I get. You will not believe the difference. Lidio is the man. :worship:
Old 7/14/05, 03:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Yah guys were super nice when I called to ask some questions about it. I will definitely be ordering the set up from them soon. If you dont mind what tunes did you get from him. Were they custom for what you have on your car etc. I am interested in a few different tunes! Lidio was out test driving an 05 at the time, it was around 4 something yesterday central time. But anyway sounds like they are some good guys to deal with.
p.s. Could you please tell me if your new x2 will have all functions turned on. supposedly there is a topic in the forum stating that the options to manually modify most of the tune could now be turned on.
Old 7/14/05, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep I tried to tell you guys I'm glad everyone is pleased.

Thanks Mike