GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

C&L + Alt Auto Tune = HOLY CRAP!

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/05, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now mind you I already had an Auto GT with Borla cat-backs. I added today a C&L CAI and SCT2 tune from Alternative Auto with a Jet throttle body spacer.

It was a little tough getting the bottom pegs out of the intake manifold to get the replacement pegs from the TBS kit in. Be very cautious not to break them off and I had to take vice grips to turn them. Didn't want to but that was the only way I could.

The intake is a very tight fit with the filter end resting against the power steering reservoir. The cushioned silicon hose is the part that touches the the reservoir so I don't know if it is anything to worry about. If you do both you will need a piece of vaccum or gas line replacement for the hose that goes from the valve cover to the intake tube beacuse with the TBS the factor one is too short.

After letting it warm up I slowly backed the car out of the garage and driveway only at an idle into the court. I turned the car and touched the gas a little and the front end lifted almost as if I went WOT. I was like . Took it down to the end of the court slowly and turned it around at the end facing straight out. I hit the gas some but not hard the wheels spun a litlle grabbed hold and chirped on the 1st to 2nd shift.

My wife who was in the house came running out because she definitely heard the difference.

I took it back down and power braked it a little. Didn't take much throttle at all for the rears to spin.

Hit the gas hard on a 10-15 MPH roll and they spin and always chirp on the first shift. After about a 3 to 4 mile trip playing around with this and loving the shift difference and how at WOT the car pulls and stays in the power band like nothing I've ever driven. I went home and thought. Then it hit me I HAD THE TRACTION CONTROL STILL ON WHILE I WAS DOING ALL THIS.

Tomorrow I'm going to play with the traction control off.

Hail Lidio :worship: and his automatic tunes.
Old 10/1/05, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the C&L and sct2 tune from bamachips.I don't know how you had tcs on while doing this. I left mine on once by accident and on the 1rst to 2nd shift the tires usually chirp a great deal but the tcs turned on and gave me a huge shutdown bog..I couldn't imagine driving around town with it on..I would bog after 1rst to 2nd and 3rd to 4th! Maybe your TCS is broken!
Old 10/1/05, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Steve, exactly my experience (the newfound power & performance). What a hoot!! Lidio really does deserve the praise he's receiving.

Mark.
Old 10/2/05, 08:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Original Sin@October 1, 2005, 8:18 PM
Steve, exactly my experience (the newfound power & performance). What a hoot!! Lidio really does deserve the praise he's receiving.

Mark.

Yes, Lidio is da man! LOL! I talked to him back in March.. he explained that he was not doing anything for the V6 at the time... I continued to touch base with him... and then one day he tells me he has the V6 tune done... I turned to my co-worker and said "ummm... I'm taking the rest of the day off" and immediately drove down to see Lidio... we loaded up his 89 Octane tune vs the 93 Octane tune I was running... OMG! What a difference!!! I haven't stopped grinning since... 254RWHP/354RWTQ out of my V6 and we're not done yet... LOL!!!!

For any of you michigan locals... (or even if your not from Michigan! LOL!) Lidio is having a Dyno Day on Oct. 8th and a "track" day at Ubly on Oct. 15th.
Old 10/2/05, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by cambostang@October 1, 2005, 5:45 PM
I have the C&L and sct2 tune from bamachips.I don't know how you had tcs on while doing this. I left mine on once by accident and on the 1rst to 2nd shift the tires usually chirp a great deal but the tcs turned on and gave me a huge shutdown bog..I couldn't imagine driving around town with it on..I would bog after 1rst to 2nd and 3rd to 4th! Maybe your TCS is broken!
Well unless something happened to it recently, it wasn't broken when I played around with the car TCS on vs. TCS off. There was a definite difference that I would have expected.

If there is something wrong with it I'll find out the first time I have it out in the rain. (If I ever do drive it in the rain it sure will not be intentional.)
Old 10/2/05, 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by scrming@October 2, 2005, 7:05 AM
254RWHP/354RWTQ out of my V6 and we're not done yet... LOL!!!!

Ummm . . . no but with numbers like that are you sure Lido didn't dump your six and stuff an eight or a blower in there when you weren't looking ?
Old 10/2/05, 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by The Lyin' King@October 2, 2005, 9:59 AM
Ummm . . . no but with numbers like that are you sure Lido didn't dump your six and stuff an eight or a blower in there when you weren't looking ?

Actually the Zext GT kit works perfectly in the V6.... hehehehe...
Old 10/2/05, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by 6505pony@October 1, 2005, 4:53 PM
Hail Lidio :worship: and his automatic tunes.
Agreed! I have been running his 93 octane tune with C&L intake on my GT automatic for about 4000 miles now and it really is amazing how much more fun it is to drive with it.
Old 10/2/05, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

i can not brag enough about his tune. i have had it since july 1st and can not belive the difference in the car. money well spent.
Old 10/3/05, 07:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by scrming@October 2, 2005, 3:25 PM
Actually the Zext GT kit works perfectly in the V6.... hehehehe...
Ah, that's it . . . so those numbers come from the juice eh . . . didn't/don't see it in your signature
Old 10/3/05, 07:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by The Lyin' King@October 3, 2005, 8:25 AM
Ah, that's it . . . so those numbers come from the juice eh . . . didn't/don't see it in your signature

oops... I'm bad... I had gotten most of my sigs... but missed this one... LOL! My oversight had been corrected...
Old 10/3/05, 07:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by scrming@October 3, 2005, 6:34 AM
oops... I'm bad... I had gotten most of my sigs... but missed this one... LOL! My oversight had been corrected...
I'm guessing your rear tires are thanking you for the trak-lock
Old 10/3/05, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by cambostang@October 1, 2005, 7:45 PM
I'd have to say that most likely is the differences in the tuners Auto Trans performance.

I know I do somewhat better when the TC is off. Although, I have no problem with bogging or not chripping the tires with it on.
Old 10/3/05, 07:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by The Lyin' King@October 3, 2005, 8:42 AM
I'm guessing your rear tires are thanking you for the trak-lock
oh... you mean like this: (this was BEFORE the Zex...hehehe)

two wheeled burnout
Old 10/3/05, 09:06 AM
GT Member

Ok, here it is from the wife in the front seat of 6505Pony's 05GT Vert. Well he asked me if I needed to go anywhere, I really didn't but I knew he was dying to see what the pony would do. My son and he had told me about the ride they took around town yesturday. I was game. I came from a family of racers and loved cars. Mustang has always been my favorite. So we loaded up to go look for Mums for the yard. We put the top down belted in and pulled out of the drive way. I noticed first yesturday when he ran up and down the court there was a hiss from the air intake cool. And he cerped almost from a stand still. The front end jumped I was clapping away. Now that we were on our way, he was a little nervis and I could tell. The car took off with a soft turn over from first to second. I was suprised I thought maybe it would have been a hard shift with a jump. I told him it is much better then what I thought. We went on our way. We had to stop at a red light where we needed to make a left turn. When the light changed the car grabbed and squealled wheels. How cool was that!!! We have never owned a car that could do that. We had a great ride the car was fast, real fast. Every time we would stop for a light we would pull away with the cerp. I was in car heaven. OMG, on the highway, we had to slow down and the car sounded like a sigh. Ahhhh, it said. I looked at him and said . She likes the fast ride, too bad we are almost home. Oh, and the Mums we never bought any. Just took a ride.
Old 10/3/05, 09:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by ALLMINE65@October 3, 2005, 11:09 AM
.....Ahhhh, it said. I looked at him and said . She likes the fast ride, too bad we are almost home. Oh, and the Mums we never bought any. Just took a ride.
Uh, you got a twin sister? My wife screams and yells when I'm taking it easy, much less driving in a "spirited" fashion. On top of that she keeps changing the radio station on me. We do NOT make a good "car couple"!
Old 10/3/05, 10:16 AM
GT Member

It is really hard to find a gal who loves cars as much as I do. I love car shows, races and boxing. Not too many ladies my age like these sports. Steve and I are on the same page with the new car. I do feel like my 65 needed to get out but we were too busy with the 05. He keeps asking me if i am upset about how much money he is putting in the car. I could care less. He works too hard to tell him what to do with our money. Besides, he lets me have anything I want anyway. The only thing I have asked of him is, while we are out and about in the 05 if he wouldn't mind a stop at Starbucks for coffee. He always makes time and does so we are both happy. I hope it doesn't rain this weekend. I really am looking forward to going to the track. We haven't been there since my daughter was four. Old memories!!! Gotta lovem. Maybe if it doesn't rain your wife will go too. I would love to meet her. Anyway, I will stop for now. Your car is a beiut. That is for sure. Oh, and the radio thing, we both like the same music. If I do change the radio station it is when I am waitting in the car for him and I put it back as soon as I see him comming.

Starr
Old 10/3/05, 10:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jwgroovin@October 3, 2005, 9:43 AM
Uh, you got a twin sister? My wife screams and yells when I'm taking it easy, much less driving in a "spirited" fashion. On top of that she keeps changing the radio station on me. We do NOT make a good "car couple"!
Trust me John, and Starr can confirm this. We would not wish her only sister :crazy: on our worst enemy. :jedi:

The ultimate in
Old 10/3/05, 10:41 AM
GT Member

He is right, my sister is a mess. When I was 22, my father bought her a 68 or 69 Road runner, orange with black race stripes. It belong to a friend of mine. She was a afraid of the car. He sold it because it sat infront of his house for 6 months and nver was moved. She didn't drive until she was in her late 2os. I am the one who tought her. But beside that she is just nutts, a real crazy nutts. I wouldn't go into all of it but we just lived through a nightmare with her just about two weeks ago when she was going to move to PA. to be closer to me. Steve was very upset, she brought her husband. He is even worse then she is. Let me just tell you this. My son, who is 15 was home from school with them for one day. When I got home, they had shaved my son's head bald. No hair! None!! I was seeing stars I was so mad.