GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BRENSPEED Update: Our S197 History and current information

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/08, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRENSPEED Update: Our S197 History and current information

Hello everybody I wanted to take a few minutes and let you know what has been going on at Brenspeed and for those of you who are new members I wanted to give you a little history on us. If you don’t want to read this long post just jump to the bottom paragraph for the summary but I think you will find this informative. Back when a lot of you did not even know about this forum I spent a lot of time here posting about new products released for the 2005 Mustang GT. We picked up our first S197 in December 2004 and started using it to test product fitment, quality, and develop custom tunes and then reporting the results to the forum. At the time the S197 section had little traffic and those members and Brenspeed had a great time discovering what the 2005 Mustang had to offer.

The entire 2005 year was spent racing our first 05 Mustang, breaking parts, working with manufacturers to resolve new product issues, and letting you the customers know the ins and outs of the available products. 2006 rolled around and we picked up a 2nd test car (2006 GT Auto) as there were more products available than we could test on a single car. Also in 2006 we moved into a new facility that many of you forum members have visited. Brenspeed has always stocked 99% of every part on our website so the new facility really helped provide room for inventory.

Customer service has always been very important to me and everybody at Brenspeed. Because of this we spent little time in late 2006 and pretty much all of 2007 on any forum. Between taking care of our customers, filling orders, providing a massive amount of custom tuning, and continuing to develop and test pretty much everything on Brenspeed.com I have a hard time justifying what I call forum surfing. We also spent a great amount of time in 2006 developing our Paxton and Hellion Turbo turn key power adder packages. 2007 was spent on our Saleen program.

Another great thing we have to offer is when you call us you are actually talking to somebody that drives a 2005-2008 Mustang every single day. My sales and tech team not only really care about what you think but they know where you are coming from. People like this are not easy to find so when you call us keep in mind the employees I have on the phones are sharing real experience and knowledge with you. For example Dave our shop manager drives about 45 minutes one way to work and I moved Seth in from about a 5 hour drive away. We have another employee on the way from about 5 hours away as well. I do this because I need you to be able to get responses and talk on the phone with a knowledgeable person. They are all highly trained, they understand custom tuning, and spend a lot of time at the track and behind the wheel of the S197 mustang. We have other staff on hand that perform more of the behind the scenes work but Dave and Seth are 05-08 Mustang experts that field your calls and do everything they can to help you out.

Have you ever spent $600 of your hard earned money on exhaust or an air intake and not been able to get installation or tech help? How about $6000 on a supercharger? It happens and happens a lot in the internet world. Not at Brenspeed. We take calls every day and spend on average 2 to 3 hours per customer during and after the purchase of a supercharger making sure it is installed and operating correctly. We also spend a large amount of time fielding calls for other companies that wholesaled a supercharger or even an air intake and tuner package yet can’t answer any tech questions. This is not an ideal situation so please give us a call before you try to save a buck at an ABC discount supercharger shop.

In 2007 we picked up our 3rd test car a 2008 Mustang GT. We used this to confirm all our 2008 mustang tuning was a dead on and now use it as our Saleen 475 kit demo vehicle. Speaking of Saleen we now run them on all 3 of our shop cars. Our shop cars are not employee cars, or customer cars, they are Brenspeed owned vehicles. They have proven priceless when a customer needs a test drive or just to solve customer questions.

The New Brenspeed:
Also in 2007 we spent a lot of time bringing in new products. We once again are out of warehouse space. We lack room for inventory, room for employees, and we lack room for customer’s cars. To solve this problem we purchased 18 acres of commercial property just 2 miles down the road from our current location. In 2008 we are building a new retail area and distribution center (shipping and warehouse department) and a separate installation and Saleen Speedlab installation facility. We should never have to move again as 18 acres of commercial property is any companies dream. We happen to be at the right place at the right time to acquire it.

The New Brenspeed.com
We are currently havinga new website built which should be completed mid February to the end of February. The new site will have much more content, more products, and will be much easier to manage from our end. Anything we can do to make our life easier will give us more time to concentrate on customer service.

Brenspeed and Free Shipping:
We have done everything possible to give the best price we can offer. Keep in mind although most of our prices are competitive we back them with excellent knowledge and customer service. It seems lately this is not as important to customers until they get bit by a wholesale house that knows nothing about the parts they sell nor do they often care about the customer either. I and most of the employees here have raced since we were very young. We were on the purchasing end of the mustang scene way before Brenspeed. To us back in the day saving $10 to risk a sale from somebody that was either known for bad service, didn’t stock the part, or maybe did not even know anything about it was never worth the savings. Now that we are all on the other end it is hard for us to swallow sometimes when we spend 35 minutes telling a customer the difference between the 14 different mufflers we carry then they buy them somewhere else to save a couple bucks. To help with this situation we do offer free shipping on everything we sell. Soon we may change our policy to free shipping on all items over $50. The reason behind this is we have hard to find items here that only cost say $10 or even $40. These are items people want or need but we can’t pay $10 shipping on something that retails for $10. To solve this and to be able to provide more items that hard to find like gaskets, OEM bolts, etc… we may add them to our new website and keep shipping free on everything above $50. This will insure the big ticket items like exhaust and superchargers that cost us $40 to $125 to ship will still be free to you.

2008 will be an exciting year as we have some new products and packages in development as I type this. We are doing more tuning than ever and even though we have more performance air intake and custom tuning packages than most any company expect to see even more added this year. We are daily investing time and money in our Saleen Supercharger program as well but I will save that info for another post. For all you members that are planning to make the trip to Brenspeed for an install or dyno tune remember as soon as spring hits we often have a 4 to 5 week lead time to get on the dyno or in the shop so don’t wait until the last minute to call. We will do our best to work around your schedule.

We wanted to thank all the members that are so great to deal with. We also wanted to thank everybody that made the long drive to our shop for an installation. We have met a lot of great people over the years and you all have helped us grow and be a part of the S197 aftermarket. Remember Brenspeed is here 6 days a week to help you and I have good people in place to speak with you on the phone. Because I can never be available to speak with everybody and I am often not even at our facility we have highly trained employees ready to help. We have voicemail so leave a message if you miss us or if all of our phone lines are in use. Please don’t rely on e-mail as with the high volume of e-mail we get it is not the fastest way for a response. We do reply to all e-mails just often making a call is faster. Also remember we leave our hours of operation on our voicemail. We will respond to you as fast as possible but everybody gets the same attention and called back in the order received. We want to talk to you so no matter if you are calling for tech help, to make a purchase, or if you have a problem with a product contact us. Many people are apprehensive to call us if they have a problem so remember we were on your end of the business back in the day. This is why service is so important to us and often not to other companies. We will try our best to provide the highest level of service possible and keep true mustang enthusiasts on our end of the phone that are anxious to help and assist you as much as possible.

Have a great 2008!

Brent

Old 1/8/08, 01:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
THANKS BRENT! I'm sure I'll be purchasing again soon!

Good luck at the new location!
Old 1/8/08, 01:54 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Brent, it's been great to deal w/ your company in the recent past. Thanks for running a good business, it's hard to find companies like Brenspeed.
Old 1/8/08, 02:48 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
+1 Brenspeed is the top notch best
Old 1/8/08, 02:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Glad to see your announcement...... good luck in 2008!

Talk to you soon.
Old 1/8/08, 03:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Great news Brent,
See you guys in about 5 weeks for my cam install and dyno time. Best of luck to you in your new ventures.
Scott
Old 1/8/08, 05:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Brent,
Great news about your new plans
Yourself,Seth & Dave have the best customer service I've seen in a long time,keep up the good work.
See you all agin this spring.
Old 1/8/08, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the update Brent! And thanks for all the good work.
Old 1/8/08, 07:40 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have only made a few purchases from you way back but you guys rock

AND I know you did a GREAT job with Tom281's stang

BRENSPEED ROCKS

Old 1/8/08, 07:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I couldn't be happier with the service, tech support and products that I have purchased from Brent. They are performance focused and customer friendly!
Old 1/8/08, 08:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Brent, the tunes I got from you are still running great after well over two years.
Old 1/8/08, 08:21 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yup, thanks brenspeed, can't beat great customer service and fast free shipping. Just got all my goodies to go along with my S/C today
Old 1/8/08, 08:36 PM
GTR Member

Love my tune supercharger in the near future
Old 1/8/08, 08:43 PM
V6 Member

I wish u guys all the luck in the world your tunes are awesome.You should have your name on a nascar ride. Roush Fenway of course.
Old 1/8/08, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

best customer service period!..... i agree with all the above post
Old 1/8/08, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I've spent lots of money on Brenspeed.com and they have always exceeded my expectations on quality, service and shipping!
Old 1/8/08, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Brent's customer service is second to none!! Thanks for all your hard work.
Old 1/9/08, 12:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Always had excellent customer service from Brenspeed.
Old 1/9/08, 05:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have dealt with Brenspeed in the past and have nothing but good things to say. Great to see you back on the boards!
Old 1/9/08, 06:20 AM
Cobra Member

I always recommend Brenspeed to every Mustang owner. The Mustang hums along very well with the tune and MAC CAI. Congratulations on such a great product combination!

Quick Reply: BRENSPEED Update: Our S197 History and current information