Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JRay05stang
You have confused me with this remark?

PM sent
Old 10/11/07, 04:35 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
i know ive used brenspeed before too and their service is great brent seems like a good guy and has always been able to answer my questions when i had a question about a tune they sent me three new ones in just a couple of days the service is as good as it gets but ive never used bamachips and wouldnt say anything bad about a business ive never used as i know many people have had just as many good things to say about him as well i really like silverhorse racing too marcello is the man there and his service is top notch as well besides his products are spectacular next im getting a grill from agentfortyseven and i bet its going to be good but i ordered it from mossmustang and they seem good too after that i want to get the pypes mid muffler system ive been trying to decide on an exhaust for almost three years right now i have the pypes offroad h pipe and stock mufflers but think the mid muffler system is pretty sweet just as long as my gas tank doesnt explode what do you think
You forgot a period at the end of your sentence.
Old 10/11/07, 05:19 AM

i know ive used brenspeed before too and their service is great brent seems like a good guy and has always been able to answer my questions when i had a question about a tune they sent me three new ones in just a couple of days the service is as good as it gets but ive never used bamachips and wouldnt say anything bad about a business ive never used as i know many people have had just as many good things to say about him as well i really like silverhorse racing too marcello is the man there and his service is top notch as well besides his products are spectacular next im getting a grill from agentfortyseven and i bet its going to be good but i ordered it from mossmustang and they seem good too after that i want to get the pypes mid muffler system ive been trying to decide on an exhaust for almost three years right now i have the pypes offroad h pipe and stock mufflers but think the mid muffler system is pretty sweet just as long as my gas tank doesnt explode what do you think
Haha, I found them (they must have fell off): . ... ....... . ......
Old 10/11/07, 05:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I think we have a new "longest sentence" winner ...
Old 10/11/07, 07:32 AM

Congrats!
Old 10/11/07, 10:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I ordered some parts from Brenspeed and haven't been able to get ahold of them even though others said they were open yesterday. They haven't responded to my emails and they weren't taking phone calls yesterday. Hopefully I get some news today. I only decided to go with them based on feedback from TMS.
Old 10/11/07, 11:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
I ordered some parts from Brenspeed and haven't been able to get ahold of them even though others said they were open yesterday. They haven't responded to my emails and they weren't taking phone calls yesterday. Hopefully I get some news today. I only decided to go with them based on feedback from TMS.

They just happen to be at the dragstrip in Muncie Indiana yesterday. Tom281 was with them also. That is why you could probably talk to either Dave or Brent yesterday. Try them today.
Scott
Old 10/11/07, 11:35 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how dare you offend the GRAMMAR POLICE
Old 10/11/07, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Balboa probably took a few too many shots to the head so his run-on sentence is forgivable. I'm not sure what 05GT-O.C.D.'s excuse is.

But this info is helpful because I'm ready to order a tune and was expecting it to only take a week or less.
Old 10/11/07, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Another question; I see on the Brenspeed website that you get 3 tunes in the tuner package. How are they organized besides by octane? Do they have a torque, race, and performance set-up like Bama? I'd go with BamaChips since I am more familiar with them but I don't want to wait a month after I order and the lack of communication is scary.
Old 10/11/07, 02:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Phorty
Another question; I see on the Brenspeed website that you get 3 tunes in the tuner package. How are they organized besides by octane? Do they have a torque, race, and performance set-up like Bama? I'd go with BamaChips since I am more familiar with them but I don't want to wait a month after I order and the lack of communication is scary.
Phorty,
Brents tunes are by octane only. His tunes are basically all performance tunes and different by what octane level you want to run. Of course you need to tell him what all of your other mods are. As far as Doug goes I tried ordering a single tune from him 2 weeks ago but I was trying to order it through his email. That was my mistake. I than called his cell phone and got a hold of him immediately. He told me where to go on his website to order tunes. I did so and had my tune within 24 hrs.
Old 10/11/07, 02:23 PM
V6 Member

Your just gonna have to take a chance you might get lucky and get it in the 10-15 days the website says. As for the tune the 93 from bren is all three in one i feel the torq i get the performace and im ready to race.
Old 10/11/07, 04:06 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Phorty
Balboa probably took a few too many shots to the head so his run-on sentence is forgivable. I'm not sure what 05GT-O.C.D.'s excuse is.

But this info is helpful because I'm ready to order a tune and was expecting it to only take a week or less.
Hey, be nice to balboa, he can't help he's from Pittsburgh. (j/k Chris )

You'll get the tuner pre-loaded w/ three tunes. If you want them changed later due to different mods, those will be emailed to you. My three updates took less than a week. (Brenspeed)
The Xcal2 tuner is easy to use and the updates are easy to install.
Old 10/11/07, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by balboa
just want to say thank to all the guys at brenspeed for the awsome cust service and the great tune originally ordered from bamachips but cancelled after waiting 3 weeks tried to be patiet dont care how good your tunes are you dont do that to people and cant see how you could get better than brent tunes anyways all that race tork perf tune is bull for suckers what company you heard of only answers the phone 2 days a week dougs a nice guy but i heard of bama for years now dont you think it time to hire some help. brenspeed rocks bamachicks dont be mad
I have both Brent's and Doug's tunes. Both are great, but if you are driving an auto you have no idea what you’re missing. Also, the "race tork perf tune" is not "bull for suckers". At the very least, these tunes map the throttle response differently for a different feel. It gives you a simple way to make this adjustment depending on your preference. I would say the race feels the most similar to Brent’s tunes.

Now I certainly don't mind you ranting about waiting, Doug does need some serious help to improve his response time. At the same time blasting his tunes by calling them ”bull for suckers" when you have never tried one is plain ignorant.

Tim
Old 10/11/07, 07:50 PM
V6 Member

yes your right it could be worse i could be from philly they havnt even sniffed a super bowl in 75 years and it doesnt look like it this year either no wonder they boo everybody i been meaning to go to canton to the hall but all i would see is steelers from the 70s and john maddens ugly mug.05gto.c.d.OSU sucks just kidding but they did lose to florida last year ha ha i know it off topic but who cares
Old 10/11/07, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Go Steelers! (Stillers)

Tim
Old 10/11/07, 07:58 PM
V6 Member

i knew a guy from dall-*** whould have something to say are you still bitter from superbowl 9 AND 10 or whenever to many to remember i forget sometimes only 27 years old but you guys did beat us in 95 i mean o'donnel won it for you guys throwing 5 ints.
Old 10/12/07, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, lets just call it even, shake hands and get back to tunes talk Some of us are trying to be learned something
Old 10/12/07, 07:42 PM
V6 Member

yeh your right bottom line brenspeed rocks
Old 10/13/07, 06:05 PM
GT Member

I got my Doug tunes 3 days after ordering them; this was back in May. He is O N E G U Y, not an entire operation. It's good that Brenspeed has great customer service; if you do some searches, you will find a number of "I'm pinging"-- many more than Doug has. My buddy has an 06 auto GT with a 91 octane Brenspeed tune, and it's pinging. He dropped it down to the 89 tune while using premium fuel, and it's still doing it.

Marketing Poly...right. Kind of like Brenspeed's website that is chockful of movies and soundclips of mufflers.

I spoke to some guy at Steeda who was bad mouthing Doug as well. "Oh it's just a gimick...all those different tunes." Nothing could be further from the truth. They all drive and feel a little bit different. Torque tune works well in my car with the 3.31 gears -- Perf or Race would work better in a car with 4.10s.

I ran a 13.46 today with nothing more than a 93 Torque Tune and a JLT - this with 3.31s and heavy 18" Bullitt rims. His stuff works, bottom line. Good things come to those who wait.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed A+++++