GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bought FRPP CMCV Delete Plates on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/06, 03:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought FRPP CMCV Delete Plates on eBay

Brand new in box, and I got a good deal on them, but then when I went to pay I realized that he didn't take PayPal.

So I emailed him about it and he said he can't do PayPal, that they are holding $2,600 of his, and that the account was suspended for 180 days.

So he only takes certified check or money order.

Should I just cancel this order and send him a check for him to relist the item or send him the certified check or money order for the product?

I just don't think it will be very safe if I go sending him a certified check or money order, but he does have a good rating.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200053737609

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03cobraturbo/

I think i'd rather pay about $10 extra just to get it from SuttonHP.com and not doubt whether or not i'm going to get the product, and also get to pay with my debit card or PayPal account.
Old 12/9/06, 07:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stang281
Brand new in box, and I got a good deal on them, but then when I went to pay I realized that he didn't take PayPal.

So I emailed him about it and he said he can't do PayPal, that they are holding $2,600 of his, and that the account was suspended for 180 days.

So he only takes certified check or money order.

Should I just cancel this order and send him a check for him to relist the item or send him the certified check or money order for the product?

I just don't think it will be very safe if I go sending him a certified check or money order, but he does have a good rating.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200053737609

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03cobraturbo/

I think i'd rather pay about $10 extra just to get it from SuttonHP.com and not doubt whether or not i'm going to get the product, and also get to pay with my debit card or PayPal account.

Just have hime ship the stuff to you USPS COD.
Old 12/9/06, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

http://pmpparts.com/

they just got a shipment and have them in stock for 96 shiipped.
Old 12/9/06, 07:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ren274u

they just got a shipment and have them in stock for 96 shiipped.
That's where i got mine. $95 shipped. It's a great deal and they are good people to do business with.
Old 12/9/06, 08:10 AM
V6 Member

I think you can trust him, he is a member of these boards. He has sold a few items on here before.
Old 12/9/06, 08:35 AM
Cobra Member

No where in his auction does he say he takes paypal so it is not like he mislead you or anything. No where in his feedback does he give you any reason to not trust him. After all, his feedback is nearly 500, yours is 2. If nothing else, the seller should be a little wary of the buyer in this case simply because of the extremlely low feedback. You would be worthy of at least neutral feedback from him if not negative for backing out of the deal. Just like Ebay states, your bid is a contract. You would be breaking the contract.

Next you will probably be *****ing about them not coming with gaskets when he states very clearly "gaskets not included"
Old 12/9/06, 09:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hawgman
No where in his auction does he say he takes paypal so it is not like he mislead you or anything. No where in his feedback does he give you any reason to not trust him. After all, his feedback is nearly 500, yours is 2. If nothing else, the seller should be a little wary of the buyer in this case simply because of the extremlely low feedback. You would be worthy of at least neutral feedback from him if not negative for backing out of the deal. Just like Ebay states, your bid is a contract. You would be breaking the contract.

Next you will probably be *****ing about them not coming with gaskets when he states ver

y clearly "gaskets not included"
Hawgman come out firing
Old 12/9/06, 09:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Eh...for $10 more I'd just go to PMP...

Old 12/9/06, 11:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hawgman
No where in his auction does he say he takes paypal so it is not like he mislead you or anything.

Where did I say he mislead me?

No where in his feedback does he give you any reason to not trust him. After all, his feedback is nearly 500, yours is 2. If nothing else, the seller should be a little wary of the buyer in this case simply because of the extremlely low feedback. You would be worthy of at least neutral feedback from him if not negative for backing out of the deal. Just like Ebay states, your bid is a contract. You would be breaking the contract.

Next you will probably be *****ing about them not coming with gaskets when he states very clearly "gaskets not included"
Who's *****ing? (looks like you're the only one in this thread doing the *****ing) Why are you being so rude?
Old 12/9/06, 11:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GT John
Just have hime ship the stuff to you USPS COD.
Wow, thanks man! I sent him an email and asked him about that. I think he'll do it as long as I pay with cash or a money order (so he doesn't have to worry about a check clearing).
Old 12/9/06, 11:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
send him payment he has pretty good feedback. No negs in over a year
Old 12/9/06, 11:37 AM
Cobra R Member

I would not fear this guy myself as a lot of sellers want a money order or bank check.