GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

A bit sluggish

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/07, 12:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit sluggish

Ok so i went to the track on wednesday and had one great run, a 13.90 @ 100mph . Well friday morning i am heading off to school and everything is cool, then i get out of class and take off, well i felt the car was a bit sluggish, so i decided to run it a bit and still felt like it was too slow, well i pull over and retune to see if that will help. Well i retuned and it still felt sluggish to me .

Could this be something with the trans or gear fluid. I have a problem with my Ford dealer right now since i asked them to check the AT trans fluid and gear oil last oil change and they just straight out told me that they would not since stuff like that was not needed till 15k miles. Well i have had the car for 1 year and 6 months and it has not had a fuel filter change, AT fluid check, or gear oil check. Could it also be i might need to clean my filter since we have had some dusty days.

I still need 5k miles till Ford will do anything , should i just do all of this myself or take it somewhere and just have them do it, i was going to swap everything to Mobil 1 synthetic anyways (or Royal Purple), another thing i still have 3 free oild changes from ford i am also afraid if something is messed up ford will not help since they did not do the oil change and i am still under warrenty till march of 09
Old 9/23/07, 02:04 AM
Bullitt Member

you seem to be under a few misocnceptions here, unless your running your car hard, you really shouldnt need to worry about your tranny fluid or gear fluid, year and a half or no. Its wierd that they wont even check it, what do thay care what you spend your money on but whatever.

Switching what brand oil you use will not void your warranty unless ford can definitevly say that its the oil you used that caused a particular failure.

I believe the diffrential fluid is already synthetic, but im not 100% sure.

it may be your filter, a clean filter makes a massive diffrence in these cars.

and finally, if you feel your having performance issues, reflash it back to stock see how it feels then, if its still sluggish(and compare it to the way it was before your tune) then take it to the dealer and tell them it feels like the car is performing poorly, they have to check it out. if when you reflash it back to stock and it doesnt feel slugish, then you may need a new tune(though I cant see why unless you changed something but its worth a shot)
Old 9/23/07, 11:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Fluids have nothing to do with the vehicle feeling sluggish

Air filter and/or throttle body being dirty will though.
Old 9/23/07, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

These cars come from the factory with synthetic gear lube in the differential. There was a sticker on mine that read "synthetic lube only".
Re: Sluggishness - could just be weather conditions hard to say but with such low mileage on your car I wouldn't say that any sluggishness either perceived or real could be attributed to fluids.