GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Best Price for A Prochamber

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/07, 07:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Price for A Prochamber

TMS'ers,

I'm looking to get a prochamber to try and kill the drone I'm experiencing in the Vert. I need suggestions on the best place to get one cheap. Direct fit or catted is what I'm looking for. What do you all know?

-Darth

Old 2/5/07, 08:38 PM
Former Vendor

Me

MAC prochambers with high flow cats will not be available in stock, as MAC is currently backordered on their catalytic converters. You will have to go with one to mate up to stock catalytic converters. 295 shipped!
Old 2/6/07, 04:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Me

MAC prochambers with high flow cats will not be available in stock, as MAC is currently backordered on their catalytic converters. You will have to go with one to mate up to stock catalytic converters. 295 shipped!

Nice Plug!! I'll always support a fellow TMS'er if possible!!
Two questions, was there a quality issue with the units that were made, and is there a huge difference between the hi-flos and our stock cats? I've heard (through no credible sources) that ours are pretty big and open as they are...

-Darth
Old 2/6/07, 05:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Me

That's a great price there mate. That's less than I paid for mine in the summer of 05 Anyone considering the ProChamber should jump on that....cough BURKE0011.....cough
Old 2/6/07, 06:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'll sell you mine, it has the off-road legs on it though. If you are interested I'll give you a good deal. cheap!
Old 2/6/07, 08:17 AM
Former Vendor

The issue with the cats was quality. Catco was selling high flow cats that were constantly blowing out. So MAC is warrantying all of these converters that Catco says they'll stand by. When it came time for them to actually warranty them, MAC got stuck with hundereds for junk cats. Thats bad business!

So now MAC is in talks with their new catalytic converters supplier, and should be up and running in the next few months.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/6/07, 09:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think Brenspeed sells them, and he usually has great pricing and free shipping.
Old 2/6/07, 05:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Stang
TMS'ers,

I'm looking to get a prochamber to try and kill the drone I'm experiencing in the Vert. I need suggestions on the best place to get one cheap. Direct fit or catted is what I'm looking for. What do you all know?

-Darth

Hey Darth....
Trust me on this guy. I have a Vert and had the Borla Stingers on my car and added the Mac Prochamber. Read.. Read .. Read .. this thread. Your problem with drone will not be fixed with the prochamber. It will only change pitch. If you want to lose the drone than you need to lose the FFRP Borla knockoffs. Get the GTA's. Trust me.
Scott
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=55916
Old 2/6/07, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor

Beat me down to 285 shipped! But he's a nice guy, and I'm happy to sell to him!

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/6/07, 08:53 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Stang
TMS'ers,

-Darth

Darth, the prochamber will def not kill the drone. The direct fit prochamber won't do too much for you either. Get a catted or off road if you want it louder but it will not take away the drone.
Old 2/6/07, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor

We had a customer with the stingers and it didn't neccesary delete drone all together, but it sure helped! It did change the pitch to so it was more tolerable.

The MAC catalytic stuff is not available for another few months. No matter who or where you order it from, they are going to tell you the same thing. The order will go through followed by an "Im sorry we're on backorder" email.

He didn't go offroad. I can't speak for him, because I don't know what sound he wanted to go for, but the offroad does make it quite a bit louder.

I think this will help him to a more tolerable sound. I'm not sure if he expected this to completely cure his woes or not.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/6/07, 09:38 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I had just the direct fit and it made the exhaust a little less quiet at first, maybe that's where you could notice less drone, but that was when I had my slp lm's.
Old 2/6/07, 10:09 PM
Former Vendor

What were you running before Prochamber? Factory intermediate / SLP's?

I like your current setup with the stingers!
Old 2/6/07, 10:27 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

What were you running before Prochamber? Factory intermediate / SLP's?

I like your current setup with the stingers!
Had flows then slp then direct fit prochamber then stingers then off road legs. I absolutely love my exhaust setup.
Old 2/7/07, 07:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, that sucks! But hey, I'll try it and see how it feels.

C.R. is great to work with and I will likely work with him again in the future. I really appreciate him doing the price-match for me!

As for the drone issue, I'm gonna try this, and then I may look to the Corsas when I get back from the UK in 2009! That'll be plenty of time to save up for my turbo and anything else I want. I'm also hoping that I'll learn something from these boards over the next two years that will fix the problem, cause I really like my Borlas!!! I'll just keep my eyes open on the boards and ebay for a used set.

-Darth
Old 2/7/07, 08:11 PM
Former Vendor

I think that you'll cure your problem with the prochamber in conjunction with the Corsas!

Exhausts are one of those funny things that each person likes different, so you go through a few different components to find the right one. Sometimes you get lucky and hear one with that perfect sound, and use that configuration. For some reason, even when I do that it still sounds a little different from my expectations.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/7/07, 09:47 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MTAS
That's a great price there mate. That's less than I paid for mine in the summer of 05 Anyone considering the ProChamber should jump on that....cough BURKE0011.....cough
What ever do you mean Dave???

So far, I can say GREAT experience with Tillman so far

Old 2/7/07, 09:48 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Burke0011
What ever do you mean Dave???

So far, I can say GREAT experience with Tillman so far

No no no... Tillmans had a great experience with you!
Old 2/7/07, 09:56 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I think that you'll cure your problem with the prochamber in conjunction with the Corsas!

Exhausts are one of those funny things that each person likes different, so you go through a few different components to find the right one. Sometimes you get lucky and hear one with that perfect sound, and use that configuration. For some reason, even when I do that it still sounds a little different from my expectations.

CR
Tillman Speed
exactly
Old 2/7/07, 11:20 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
exactly
Do you have any good sound clips of your car? We're putting them together here at the shop to try and help each customer decide and I don't have yours yet. I love the sound of them though!

Quick Reply: Best Price for A Prochamber