GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Best Price on D-Specs

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/07, 09:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Price on D-Specs

I am going to buy some D-Specs tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has seen a better price than 503 shipped? There are two vendors selling them for that price on Ebay. Please let me know if you've found a better price.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 2/11/07, 09:28 AM
V6 Member

Sounds like a good price. BTW, if you are not in a big hurry, search the For Sale section in the forums... a month ago a member was selling shocks/struts for inexpensive $$.
Good luck!
Old 2/11/07, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor

That's dirt cheap. Jobber on them is like $592, we usually sell them for almost $550. I'd pull the trigger on it.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/11/07, 10:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm replacing my Dspecs and will be posting them for sale next week.
Old 2/11/07, 12:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 05BlackGT
What are you replacing them with?
Old 2/12/07, 12:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

and why?
Old 2/12/07, 11:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

I just got the Ground Control/Koni package. I'm replacing them because the Dspecs just don't dampen the front spring rates (375-425) I'm now running. Also, to replace the strut bearings and gain easy alignment adjustablity. Don't get me wrong, the Dspecs worked great on the street/occasional track with modest spring rates, I just outgrew them this past year.
Old 2/12/07, 12:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I just got the Ground Control/Koni package. I'm replacing them because the Dspecs just don't dampen the front spring rates (375-425) I'm now running. Also, to replace the strut bearings and gain easy alignment adjustablity. Don't get me wrong, the Dspecs worked great on the street/occasional track with modest spring rates, I just outgrew them this past year.
Cool.....My car will see occasional track use(2-3 times a year road racing). If I was going to get a little more hardcore, I'd just sell the car and buy a Z51 C6. There is only so much you can do with a 3500lbs SRA vehicle.
Old 2/12/07, 01:57 PM
Cobra R Member

an sra vahicle that is handing teams there butts in Grand Am Koni challenge,

but yeah you cant do anything with them.
Old 2/12/07, 02:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
an sra vahicle that is handing teams there butts in Grand Am Koni challenge,

but yeah you cant do anything with them.
The Grand Am Cup is the low rung of production based racing. It's regulated pretty heavily and isn't a good showcase of technology.
Old 2/12/07, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Where did you get it and how much?
Old 2/12/07, 05:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by wsmatau
Where did you get it and how much?
www.ground-control.com and they are something like 1300 bucks(going from memory)
Old 2/12/07, 05:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by max2000jp
www.ground-control.com and they are something like 1300 bucks(going from memory)
The complete kit is $1600.
Old 2/12/07, 08:28 PM
Cobra R Member

The Grand Am Cup is the low rung of production based racing. It's regulated pretty heavily and isn't a good showcase of technology.
i have to disagree with you there. i think i might no where your coming from, but not really. And besides, racing is about the race not how many gizmoes your engine has. or how many trick suspension parts you have.

the use of heavy regulations forces more technology to be showcased. you have to find ways to still win while being regulated.

anyway, i am in the market for suspension as well. seems like tokicos are the way to go. but i want to ride in a few cars before making my decision. i'll be looking at your thread regularly to try and find a good deal.
Old 2/12/07, 09:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

i have to disagree with you there. i think i might no where your coming from, but not really. And besides, racing is about the race not how many gizmoes your engine has. or how many trick suspension parts you have.

the use of heavy regulations forces more technology to be showcased. you have to find ways to still win while being regulated.

anyway, i am in the market for suspension as well. seems like tokicos are the way to go. but i want to ride in a few cars before making my decision. i'll be looking at your thread regularly to try and find a good deal.
So by your logic, NASCAR is high tech Ford is racing in a low level series because that's the best chance they have with the Mustang. They would get there butts handed to them in ALMS by the C6R. Grand Am Cup is similar to NASCAR in many regards(and owned by the France family). I've been around some high end race cars in the last few years and it takes a great engine and high tech parts to run fast. If you think not, get up close and personal with a race car. Even the FR500C has expensive parts on it.
Old 2/12/07, 09:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Will be looking for the post.
Old 2/12/07, 09:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

FYI....I bought them today on Ebay for 503 shipped. I also ordered a Panhard Bar/Brace as well. Hopefully I will be ordering FRPP and Sways tomorrow.
Old 2/13/07, 06:09 AM
Cobra R Member

So by your logic, NASCAR is high tech Ford is racing in a low level series because that's the best chance they have with the Mustang. They would get there butts handed to them in ALMS by the C6R. Grand Am Cup is similar to NASCAR in many regards(and owned by the France family). I've been around some high end race cars in the last few years and it takes a great engine and high tech parts to run fast. If you think not, get up close and personal with a race car. Even the FR500C has expensive parts on it.

i have been up close and personal to plenty of race cars. The cars might not seem high tech, but there is soooo much more to a race car then wether a part is made out of aluminum or carbon fiber as aposed to steel and fibrglass.

i am sure the C6R with all of its factory supportm and absolutely NO competition in the GT1 series this year is awesome with how crazy high-tech it is. OH NO it has data acquisition, and a carbon fiber body. Oh and the audi R10. thats soo cool with diesel and a rules package that basically hands them the chapionship now. But i am going to be at the 12 hours of sebring this year, all 4 days enjoying the hell out of it

all i am trying to say is dont knock a perfectly good car, just because it has a simpler, lower moving parts count, more rebliable type of ford suspension in it, especially since there are plenty of good runniing race cars in the world that rely on a good ole solid axle.

let us all know how you like the d-specs. i am down to that or the FRPP kit. i want adjustible shocks though
Old 2/13/07, 06:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

all i am trying to say is dont knock a perfectly good car, just because it has a simpler, lower moving parts count, more rebliable type of ford suspension in it, especially since there are plenty of good runniing race cars in the world that rely on a good ole solid axle.
I am not knocking the car, just pointing out the truth. There is only so much you can do with a SRA car. I've seen the FR500C up in person and testing at my local track. It's pretty fast but nothing spectacular. AIX cars were running 2 seconds faster than my friends C5 Z06 with race pads and race tires at Gingerman(otherwise bone stock). That's pretty **** impressive considering when he took the race pads and tires off, it was his daily driver. Another example, I was at another track when Paul Tracy was testing his for Forsythe. He was running 30+ seconds faster PER LAP than the FR500C. That just goes to show the difference in a purpose built racecar vs. a production based vehicle.
Old 2/13/07, 07:27 AM
Cobra R Member

I am not knocking the car, just pointing out the truth. There is only so much you can do with a SRA car. I've seen the FR500C up in person and testing at my local track. It's pretty fast but nothing spectacular. AIX cars were running 2 seconds faster than my friends C5 Z06 with race pads and race tires at Gingerman(otherwise bone stock). That's pretty **** impressive considering when he took the race pads and tires off, it was his daily driver. Another example, I was at another track when Paul Tracy was testing his for Forsythe. He was running 30+ seconds faster PER LAP than the FR500C. That just goes to show the difference in a purpose built racecar vs. a production based vehicle.
are you talking about tracy's Chap car or Daytona prototype?

apples to oranges man, i have no idea why you think production based racing is soo poor. last time i checked racing started out in street cars. and it is nice to see REAL cars out there running around. and not some carbon bodied amourphous solid looking thing out there.

to take one from harry hawg "you used to cars with tires twice as wide, weighing half as much. now your running a car that weighs TWICE as much with tires that are half as wide, and your burning them up"

its the way it works, i have no clue to what convoluted argument your trying to make here, but it sounds pretty dumb to me. you start out trashing the fact that stangs are SRA, i have no idea what AIX means. you turn this post about how horrible a car with an sra is to telling me about how a purpose built track car that weighs almost half as much as my mustang that has almost twice the horsepower, a plethora of extra aero goodies, and tires that stick as good as glue between pieces of carbon fiber. is somehow miraculously faster than a race car that is production based that weighs a lot more, has at least 200 fewer horsepower, that runs on a spec tire that is not a whole lot wider than the tires on my street car.

and am i supposed to be surprised by it being faster? ok i guess next you'
ll start calling me some southern stereo-type that only likes cars that turn left, and that i wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a sway bar and an oil squirter, or a particulate filter vs. a header. whatever man

GL with the shocks sounds like you got an awesome deal!!

Quick Reply: Best Price on D-Specs