GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bbk Cai

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/07, 08:10 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bbk Cai

I was just wondering why everyone is saying to stay away from the bbk cai ? The guy's at breenspeed recommended it to me with my sct and it look's and work's great. They also told me that there wasn't much if any difference in the performance of any of the top cai's just a matter of taste. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking any of the other cai's so don't get offended, just wondering about the bbk. Mabey I should get a different one myself.
Old 11/11/07, 09:01 PM
V6 Member

BBk is a little pricey. Performance is close among all the top intakes. If you like how the BBK looks and get a tune, do it. A plastic intake would probably be better for less heat soak. A little surprised Brenspeed recommended a bbk.
Old 11/11/07, 09:08 PM
V6 Member

It was the same price as the c&l racer, the guy who recommended it was Seth.
Old 11/12/07, 08:53 AM
V6 Member

Check any dyno given from a member. Odds are the C&l puts out more power. It's not just some unknown reason why everyone doesn't have a bbk, very few do.
Old 11/12/07, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you will be just fine w/ the BBK..... if brent sells it, then he has a tune for it, and thats where the power is.... the tune.
Old 11/12/07, 12:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by wallace
you will be just fine w/ the BBK..... if brent sells it, then he has a tune for it, and thats where the power is.... the tune.

I think your right. He told me that all of the big brand cai's were very close in power and it was a matter of quality and the look you wanted.
Old 11/12/07, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mustangbrad01
BBk is a little pricey. Performance is close among all the top intakes. If you like how the BBK looks and get a tune, do it. A plastic intake would probably be better for less heat soak. A little surprised Brenspeed recommended a bbk.
i have a BBK and have driven the cars for hours both in traffic and not in traffic:
No heat soak.....
Old 11/12/07, 07:48 PM
GTR Member

The polished BBk is sweet looking
Old 11/12/07, 08:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Couper93
i have a BBK and have driven the cars for hours both in traffic and not in traffic:
No heat soak.....
No heat soak, yea right. Aluminum tubing on the bbk vrs, plastic on the jlt or c&l racer.
Old 11/12/07, 09:57 PM

i am currently using the 'steeda intake' . it keeps falling apart! very dissapointing! finaly got tired of it falling apart and used some rtv silicone to hold it together. so far so good.
Old 11/13/07, 08:58 AM
V6 Member

****, steeda falling apart. They were supposed to have the highest quality parts at a higher price.
Old 11/13/07, 03:59 PM
V6 Member

I realize that everyone is going to have a different opinion here, but I think I would rather have a little heat soak then a plastic tube that I have to worry about overtightening or worping from heat. Breenspeed told me that the air doesn't stay in the intake long enough to make that much of a difference anyway . I think heat soak in these cai's has been very over done. They told me that they are running the c&l street on their personal car's .
Old 11/13/07, 07:28 PM
V6 Member

So they are running a c&l street, which is either the modt common or second. It's a business and they produce one of the most popular tunes out there for a mustang. Of course they would use a product that was either their best seller or a close second. Of the base cost to the customer which do you think earns more profit? JLT 2 @$195 or a C&L street @ $350? I thought you were looking for an opinion. nice that your defending as prosuct you don't even own. Buy a bbk first and then get the C&l or jlt when you get tired of the bbk. While your at it, bbk's parts are so good, why don't you get their throttle body also? You might be able to find a profitable shop that will reccomend that to you.
Old 11/13/07, 08:06 PM
GTR Member

So they are running a c&l street, which is either the modt common or second. It's a business and they produce one of the most popular tunes out there for a mustang. Of course they would use a product that was either their best seller or a close second. Of the base cost to the customer which do you think earns more profit? JLT 2 @$195 or a C&L street @ $350? I thought you were looking for an opinion. nice that your defending as prosuct you don't even own. Buy a bbk first and then get the C&l or jlt when you get tired of the bbk. While your at it, bbk's parts are so good, why don't you get their throttle body also? You might be able to find a profitable shop that will reccomend that to you.
Chill out. no need to get all worked up.
Old 11/14/07, 01:34 PM
V6 Member

Why is this guy getten so worked up ? Mabey it's because he wanted a GT but couldn't get one!!!!!!!!! The only reason I said they were using a c&l street was because it is made of aluminum also. Like he said chill out, no one is gonna take your bottle.
Old 11/14/07, 03:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fla.boy
i am currently using the 'steeda intake' . it keeps falling apart! very dissapointing! finaly got tired of it falling apart and used some rtv silicone to hold it together. so far so good.
What do you mean? What is falling apart?

On mine I have to push back the filter element on the shield every few weeks, otherwise it will completely slide off. Yeah it's annoying.

Is that it or something else?
Old 11/14/07, 06:05 PM
GTR Member

Send Gus a PM . He is anauthorized dealer on TMS. I'm curious on how he resolves this. That should not happen with Steeds products,especially for how pricey it is
Old 11/15/07, 07:46 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sycd
What do you mean? What is falling apart?

On mine I have to push back the filter element on the shield every few weeks, otherwise it will completely slide off. Yeah it's annoying.

Is that it or something else?
hi.
ita the plastic elbow that i have had problems with! it would slide out on both ends! the first time i realized it was at the track, the car was pinging and running like sh@t, so i opened the hood and was checking everthing, i looked at the air intake and it looked fine! when i checked the elbow it was just laying in the there loose , it was still in the blue rubber but it was just laying in there. so i put everthing back together and it ran fine for a few days. then the same thing again starts pinging at wot, check it and yes the elbow had slide out agian!
so enough is enough! i got my trusty tube of black rtv silicone and 'wah la ! ' no more falling apart!. as soon as i get the funds i willbe replcaing that ' steeda pos' with a c&l, or bbk. i havent made my mind up yet.
Old 11/15/07, 11:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by smileyjoe
Why is this guy getten so worked up ? Mabey it's because he wanted a GT but couldn't get one!!!!!!!!! The only reason I said they were using a c&l street was because it is made of aluminum also. Like he said chill out, no one is gonna take your bottle.

I got a gt. Bught my 06 new. I'm not the one asking all dumbs questions trying to find someone to persuade me to get a bbk. Chill out, thats funny. I'll give my bottle back to your wife.
Old 11/15/07, 01:13 PM
GT Member

No heat soak, yea right. Aluminum tubing on the bbk vrs, plastic on the jlt or c&l racer.
I'd welcome you to come see for yourself but you are probably the type of guy that still would not believe.
Relax man, yours is better than mine.....

Quick Reply: Bbk Cai