GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bassani LTs, Bassani Catted X-Pipe & Saleen Axle back sound clip!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/06, 11:49 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bassani LTs, Bassani Catted X-Pipe & Saleen Axle back sound clip!!

Hi there
Bassani LT's, Bassani Catted X-Pipe and Saleen Axle backs sound clip:-
http://www.townlea.co.uk/PICT0002.AVI

(right click, save as)

The BUTT-DYNO has registed big improvements in torque and power, very happy and no drone either.

Only slight issue is that on hard set off in 1st I can feel it kinda in the steering wheel as maybe say a slight vibration hard to describe, it may just be the resonance of sound travelling through the steering shaft? I also feel it when applying power hard when turning left. Is this normal with LT headers fitted?
Old 7/13/06, 12:23 PM
mhk
Bullitt Member

****! What an animal!
Old 7/13/06, 01:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holy crap
Old 7/13/06, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Talking

That... is the best sounding new Mustang I've seen er, uh... heard.

Now where's that thumbs-up emoticon when I need it...
Old 7/14/06, 10:41 AM
Big Falken Tires

I just opened my eyes so wide listening to that that one of my contacts almost fell out....

that sounds MEAN!

(one question: Saleen axlebacks?.... don't all Saleen S197s have the center exhaust? They have a unit that is just an axleback for the new stangs?...)
Old 7/14/06, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah, I think the saleen has the special saleen mufflers and the center exit along iwth dumps for high RPMs? something like that.

but ****!!!!!
Old 7/14/06, 12:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by emperorjordan
yeah, I think the saleen has the special saleen mufflers and the center exit along iwth dumps for high RPMs? something like that.

but ****!!!!!
Yup your right the Saleen has valves to assist with torque low down and it really works as my Mustang has very good torque. Plus as you can hear it sounds ace and there is no drone at all at any RPM's so very happy.
Old 7/15/06, 06:45 AM
GT Member

Hi there

Just got back from same dyno as my last run and my Bassani LTs along with Bassani CATTED X-Pipe have yielded an extra 11RWHP and 27Lb-Ft of torque at the wheels. Very happy!

Removing the CATS should boost that by another 5RWHP if I wish!
Old 7/16/06, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

It sounds really good, the video is of good quality too so that always helps..... and being inside a garage too lol
Old 7/16/06, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gibbo_UK
Hi there

Just got back from same dyno as my last run and my Bassani LTs along with Bassani CATTED X-Pipe have yielded an extra 11RWHP and 27Lb-Ft of torque at the wheels. Very happy!

Removing the CATS should boost that by another 5RWHP if I wish!
I am not trying to sound insulting, but I was hoping to see a bigger increase from LT. Did they adjust your tune to account for the better exhaust flow? If you look at it that is around 1 hp per $100. I think you can pick-up 10hp from a electric water pump for much less $ and installation time. The main different is you would not have that great sound.
Old 7/16/06, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by MLC40
I am not trying to sound insulting, but I was hoping to see a bigger increase from LT. Did they adjust your tune to account for the better exhaust flow? If you look at it that is around 1 hp per $100. I think you can pick-up 10hp from a electric water pump for much less $ and installation time. The main different is you would not have that great sound.
That is a pretty narrow view of any performance mod. Comparing peak power values is misleading at best. Personally, I'd trade a few hp at redline for much more oomph at lower rpms. The whole area under a dyno curve is more important than the peak values. That's one reason I don't engage in "dyno racing" on the internet... it's just dumb to me.
Old 7/16/06, 02:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MLC40
Hi there

Understand where your coming from but please tell me if you know of anybody who has actually gotten 10hp from an electric water pump? From when I was researching the electric pumps only seem to yield 2-3HP at best on the dyno from people who have used them. If anybody has proof that adding an electric water pump to a car does give a genuine 10HP then count me in!

Also you are missing one major point! This exhaust setup is still SMOG legal as it has CATs plus look at those torque improvements. Do you realise what an extra 27Lb-Ft torque feels like because I can tell you its very noticable and yes I had a new tune from Doug for the addition of the LT Headers. I am happy with the 11RWHP and 27Lb-Ft gains at the wheels as its very noticable in how the car drives and the sound is amazing.
Old 7/16/06, 03:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It sounds LOUD! They must have some pretty soft noise laws in Merry Old England.
Old 7/16/06, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Holy Crap.
Old 7/16/06, 05:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
It sounds LOUD! They must have some pretty soft noise laws in Merry Old England.
HI there

Yup we don't really have noise laws in the UK. Exception for noise levels say coming from ICE Setups or Riced up cars with silly exhaust.

But cops here don't mind a decent muscle car or true sports car that is naturally loud.
Old 7/16/06, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gibbo_UK
Hi there

Understand where your coming from but please tell me if you know of anybody who has actually gotten 10hp from an electric water pump? From when I was researching the electric pumps only seem to yield 2-3HP at best on the dyno from people who have used them. If anybody has proof that adding an electric water pump to a car does give a genuine 10HP then count me in!

Also you are missing one major point! This exhaust setup is still SMOG legal as it has CATs plus look at those torque improvements. Do you realise what an extra 27Lb-Ft torque feels like because I can tell you its very noticable and yes I had a new tune from Doug for the addition of the LT Headers. I am happy with the 11RWHP and 27Lb-Ft gains at the wheels as its very noticable in how the car drives and the sound is amazing.
Well to be honest I have not seen it, but I have read a few post that claim it. I am glad you got a different tune, I was assuming you did not. I am sure you can feel the difference, but as Don stated the real numbers come from the strip and I am sure these will help reduce your times. Congratulations and good luck.