GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information
View Poll Results: Which Bassani Exhaust Combo is best?
Bassani SS Regular Axleback with Catted Bassani X-pipe
16.67%
Bassani SS Race Axleback with Catted Bassani X-pipe
83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Bassani Axle back owners

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/06, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bassani Axle back owners

Wanted to see what everyone likes better and get some more detailed descriptions of the Bassani exhausts as far as Regular SS axleback and SS Race axleback since I didn't find much on my search of the Exhaust thread.. I was also going to go with a Catted Bassani X-pipe so which one matches up better? I'm looking for a deeper tone, not so much loud or raspy. and of course not too much drone and no trumpeting..

The videos I've found seem to differ so much just b/c of recording audio quality differences.

help me out by placing a vote! thanks. any detailed descriptions would help too.
Old 9/26/06, 10:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just for curiosity sake, you should add two more choices...regular and race with catless x pipe.
Old 9/26/06, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Sounds like you want the standard Bassanis. I have the "race" version, and they're quite droney and do trumpet...but I love the tone.
Old 9/27/06, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

hmm.. what has everyone heard of the Bassani longtubes? i was thinking of doing the whole system bassani, and start with the axlebacks and then wait for the x and lt's..
Old 9/27/06, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 07ShelbyWanter
hmm.. what has everyone heard of the Bassani longtubes? i was thinking of doing the whole system bassani, and start with the axlebacks and then wait for the x and lt's..
I was going to do the same when I decided to go with headers (probably next sumer), but when I found out the stock midpipe needed to be cut to fit the X-pipe, I decided against going that route. The Hooker and their X-pipe look like the best option, but since I'm going to be waiting for a while, I'll play it by ear and see what else comes out.
Old 9/28/06, 07:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bingo
I was going to do the same when I decided to go with headers (probably next sumer), but when I found out the stock midpipe needed to be cut to fit the X-pipe, I decided against going that route. The Hooker and their X-pipe look like the best option, but since I'm going to be waiting for a while, I'll play it by ear and see what else comes out.
I was going to get the Axleback first and then do the Bassani LT Headers and the matching Bassani x-pipe specifically for the LT's at the same time so that it all matches up..

does anyone on the boards have the Bassani LT's?
Old 9/28/06, 07:38 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I currently have the regular bassani axle backs with the stock H-pipe. This winter I plan on upgrading to the catted bassani x-pipe.

In terms of drone trumpeting, I have a little drone, I have not heard of any trumpeting issues with the catted xpipe and this setup.

If you do a search, it seems most issues with trumpeting happened when the catalytics were removed.