GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BASSANI!

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/05, 08:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it's official,
Bassani rules. I just had my bassani system installed this last weekend. Oh my god it is awesome. I installed Competition Catalytic Converters, X Pipe, and Axle back Muffler kit with 4" rolled edge tips. The sound is just awesome. I dont think I will even put on the off road pipes instead of cats, it is loud either way. Sounds very race like, especially under load it really gives the growl. I highly recommend this system to everyone that wants the real mustang growl. Good luck to all that try it out. You will love it.
Old 5/23/05, 10:25 AM
FR500 Member

Looks great!
Old 5/23/05, 10:40 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by acadian@May 23, 2005, 10:28 AM
Looks great!
Must have sound clips. Must have.

David
Old 5/23/05, 10:41 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is there a drone??
Old 5/23/05, 12:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Well by drone you mean loud, when you take off it is loud inside and outside, the only time it is lock stock, is when your coasting to a stop sign. Other than that loud take off, with nice breathing race sound. It is fairly loud, so those that want quiter, this is not the ones. Those that want race inspired sound, bassani is for you.
Old 5/23/05, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

They look Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Nice job_

Any sound clips?
Old 5/23/05, 02:43 PM
GT Member

Just installed my Bassani axle-backs last Thursday and I must say I don't know how it could sound any better than this!! (without the x-pipe anyways) It's loud even without the x-pipe and I just can't get enough of the sound. People have been commenting they can hear me coming from a mile away!! lol, I love it!
Old 5/24/05, 09:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Yah try putting on the xpipe and competition cat converters, then tell me how loud it is. I dont have any sound clips. Im not sure how to do it. If someone can give me some ideas on how to make a clip, let me know.
Old 5/25/05, 06:58 AM
Bullitt Member

awesome. I ordered the bassani set up for my new one when it gets here. Now i REALLY can't wait!!
Old 5/25/05, 12:40 PM
GT Member

Do we know of any proven dyno gains with the installation of just the X-pipe? I already have the axle-back system and was debating on getting the X-pipe.

Thanks
Old 5/25/05, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here's a couple short videos I posted a while ago . . . good comparison. The true sound is lost in the video though. Bassani's sound like nothing I've heard. Just down right MEAN!

Stock

Bassani

There is some drone. I thought it was bad at first, but I have gotten used to it, and kind of like it. It's easy to "drive around it." They also have a nice burble on decel. That is one thing the stock exaust is sorely missing.
Old 5/25/05, 06:00 PM
GT Member

They look great. I have the axle-backs on mine now and I'm about to order the full x-pipe with cats like you have.

I was wondering if you've noticed it running differently with the new cats. Has the check engine light come on? Or is it running the same, maybe better, and louder?

Thanks for the info.
Old 5/25/05, 07:14 PM

I've had the full bassani system installed for about 10 days. Can't express how much I love the sound. I do have a noticible drone in most gears at about 2000 RPM, but the solution is easy, dont spend alot of time at 2000.

On the down side I got a CEL today on the way to work, reflashed when I got home and it went away. If it returns, I plan on getting it checked out at the local shop.
The next issue may not be related, but I started noticing vibration from the center console after I did the install. Pulled apart the center console and matted the area around the shifter. Also pulled the cover off the parking brake and matted there as well. This seems to have eliminated the buzz.

Me and my son did the full install in about 2 hours in the driveway, it was a piece of cake.

Overall I can't recommend this upgrade enough, it rocks.

side note - great for scaring ricers
Old 5/25/05, 07:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Well no CEL, you will need the O2 sensor extenders, bassani sells them for 50.00. I had to move my plug location temporarily till I get them. Sounds awesome, very loud, Cant really tell about a performance gain, I dont really race it around a lot. I do notice that on mine, it seems at half tank, I am getting at least 30-40 more miles out of tank, so maybe improvement in gas mileage. If there are performance gains to be had I am sure you probably wont see much with a tune. But it definitely feels and sounds very nice. I suggest them to all that can afford them. Or at least pay for them. LOL
Old 5/25/05, 07:38 PM
GT Member

Thanks you guys for the responses. I did notice that the Bassani's "resonate" / drone around 2000 RPMs. Doesn't bother me though.

Will I need the sensor extenders with a 5-spd manual? I thought I read that it was only with the automatic? I could be wrong though.

I'm curious to see if by modifying the exhaust (i.e. x-pipe, headers, mufflers), if it will change the A/F ratio, since the exhaust is exiting quicker and smoother. It's kind of like a vacuum I would imagine, more air out should equal more air in, especially with 2 intake valves per cylinder.

The mufflers are the only "performance" related modifications I've done. I have nearly 10,000 miles so far, no problems other than the front strut bearings popping. So I'm thinking about buying a tuner sometime soon. It'll really scream once I get my X-Pipe on there.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Old 5/25/05, 09:14 PM

No need for the extensions if you have a manual. As far as the air / fuel, I am not sure. My CEL may have been due to this. My plan is to take my ride to the shop on Friday and put it on the dyno, see if I am running lean or not.

I will post the results when I get them.
Old 5/25/05, 09:22 PM
GT Member

Bullitt1609,

I have an article from 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords where they did the install of the full Bassani exhaust (axle-backs and x-pipe w/high-flow comp cats) and state in there that "Our only glitch came with the late realization that automatic GTs will need harness extensions to reach the rear oxygen-sensor locations on the new cats. This is a function of the forward positioning of the automatic's pan, and is not an issue with stick-shift cars."

They also dyno tested the full exhaust with and without an SCT tune (the car was otherwise stock). Without tune, it raised peak horsepower 18.8 at 5,300 RPM and with the SCT tune it raised peak horsepower 40.9 at 6,600 RPM.

Hope this helps you guys looking for info on dyno numbers! Let me know if you want to know the rest of the results
Old 10/1/05, 10:32 PM
GT Member

Well, I finally got around to ordering my Bassani X-pipe with cats. Should be here later this week, and installed next weekend. After reading all you guys have to say, can't wait to get them on!!
Old 10/2/05, 02:37 AM

Where did you guys purchase your x-pipes? I've had my bassani mufflers for a few months now and I love them. I've been debating whether to get the x-pipe now. Down to intake + tuner or xpipe right now.
Old 10/2/05, 07:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for all your reviews on the Bassani exhaust sytem. I heard them on an 05 back in July. Holy crap, the sound is second to none! I was in Somerset, KY with a lot of classic hot rods and muscle cars, and none of them could touch that sound. Well, except for a couple of true dragsters.

I have heard all of the exhaust systems so far, and none of them compare to the Bassani system. Bassani will definately be going on my car when it arrives.

Are any of you guys located in Alabama? If so, where did you order and have installed (I noticed some did themselves). Is it a true bolt on system for comp cats, xpipe, mufflers?