GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BAMACHIPS = WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/06, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed my JLT II with Doug's tunes last night and all I can say is WOW!!! This car is a complete beast now. It pulls so much harder and the throttle response is great! I haven't really had a chance to drive it too much but I can't wait until I'm off work. There's so much more jerk to the car when I tap the gas. It's unbelievable. Doug is the man! Great service, quick to emails and calls, and he gives you great stuff fast! Hats off to Jay at JLT for a great product as well. What a great combo. I love the look of the JLT under the hood. Anyone on the fence should jump off and order now! I'm running the Torque tune right now and will try out the Performance tune later tonight.
Old 4/27/06, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] Ive wanted this combo for soooo long. But I have no money (poor college student)
Old 4/27/06, 01:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ April 27, 2006, 1:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] Ive wanted this combo for soooo long. But I have no money (poor college student)
[/b][/quote]

I know how you feel. I just finished school in August and now I'm suppossed to be saving money but I keep spending it on mods. Save your cash cause it's more than worth it for the money. You get a kit, the tunes, and the X2 that can be used for a lot of other stuff for a good price.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ April 27, 2006, 1:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

credit card??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 01:49 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be installing my CAI and Doug's tunes very shortly as well, I can't wait
Old 4/27/06, 02:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galaxie @ April 27, 2006, 1:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'll be installing my CAI and Doug's tunes very shortly as well, I can't wait
[/b][/quote]

Let me know what you think. I was very impressed and the more I drive the more I'm amazed of how much power is freed up. Good luck! Installing the tunes was extremely easy. Plug and choose the tune and you're good to go.
Old 4/27/06, 02:43 PM
Cobra Member

I installed the JLT I with the metal insert, and yes, I have to agree with you, although I only drove it for a day (took it to the shop to get the hood painted), btu the one day, it was amazing... Doug is the man, PERIOD.
Old 4/27/06, 07:15 PM

I've had my JLT 1 and a tune from someone else for about 8 months. I finally decided to try Doug's Bamachips tune and wow what a differance !!!! I didn't think I would notice much of a differance but was I wrong !! Doug Is The Man !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 10:36 PM
Bullitt Member

i still notice lagging with my perf. tune, and alittle with my torq tune also. Gonna go get it dynoed soon. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 05:33 AM
Cobra Member

With Dougs 91 torque tune, I'm able to get a second gear chirp, with an automatic and 285's out back. I couldn't believe it. Throttle response is so much improved it took me a week to be able to take off from a stop without barking the tires.

I have never been so impressed with a product or service. I have been reccomending Bamachips.com to everyone who'll listen to me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 06:26 AM

The more I drive this car the more I'm amazed with the JLT and Doug's tunes. I don't know if the car is getting more powerful or what but it sure feels like it. Maybe the computer is learning the tune or something. I was driving to work today and accelerated real hard in first and the whole back end started to turn sideways a little! I really notice how much more powerful second gear is around 2500-3000 rpms is really starts pulling hard. Doug is the man!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 07:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Before Doug's tunes I used to be able to chirp 2nd, now I can SPIN 2nd [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I LOVE Doug's tunes! Congrats and enjoy! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 07:52 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cooolcobra @ April 27, 2006, 7:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I've had my JLT 1 and a tune from someone else for about 8 months. I finally decided to try Doug's Bamachips tune and wow what a differance !!!! I didn't think I would notice much of a differance but was I wrong !! Doug Is The Man !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I'm in the same boat! I had my C&L and X-Cal2 from someone else, and changed to Doug's tunes at the advice of someone on another forum. The biggest difference was throttle response, idle, and idle down...with a slight SOP power addition.

Yesterday I dynoed the Perf and TQ tunes against the tunes I was running before. I picked up 8rwhp with Doug's tq tune, and 7 with the perf tune.
Old 4/28/06, 08:38 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cruehead @ April 28, 2006, 7:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm in the same boat! I had my C&L and X-Cal2 from someone else, and changed to Doug's tunes at the advice of someone on another forum. The biggest difference was throttle response, idle, and idle down...with a slight SOP power addition.

Yesterday I dynoed the Perf and TQ tunes against the tunes I was running before. I picked up 8rwhp with Doug's tq tune, and 7 with the perf tune.
[/b][/quote]

Those are some good gains you got there compared to the other tunes. I'd have to agree with the throttle response, it's great! It just feels so much faster than before. Can't wait to get off work. I love pulling up to the light now knowing that I can smoke most cars with ease!
Old 4/28/06, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Baginoman2 @ April 28, 2006, 12:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i still notice lagging with my perf. tune, and alittle with my torq tune also. Gonna go get it dynoed soon. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Try this...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....pic=46396&st=0
Old 4/28/06, 11:49 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLT2RUN @ April 28, 2006, 9:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Try this...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....pic=46396&st=0
[/b][/quote]

Does this actually work? I've noticed that my car is getting stronger. Is that because the computer is learning the tune? I will try it out. Do you stomp the pedal or is it just a gradual push until it hits the floor and then releasing it? Thanks again for the tricks! This is kind of bizarre but I will give it a try. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 11:57 AM

Make sure you have a pyramid crystal hanging from the mirror, and scented candles burning, too.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

For some reason, without a tune or anything else, I DID NOTICE A DIFFERENCE, I didn't believe I would... then again, it might just be a bunch of you guys know what, but throttle response was much better after doing that... I did have the Crystal hanging from the mirror and the scented candles were burning... he he he [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I put small candles all over the dash when I did it, and I notice a definite increase in throttle response.
Old 4/28/06, 12:05 PM

Hahah..I will light some candles as well. This sounds crazy but who am I to question the computer as I know nothing about it. Can't hurt to try. Have you tried this out Don?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emperorjordan @ April 28, 2006, 12:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I put small candles all over the dash when I did it, and I notice a definite increase in throttle response.
[/b][/quote]

So I just turn the car on, wait a few seconds and push the pedal to the floor and release? Do you stomp on it or just gradually push it in?
Old 4/28/06, 12:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kybosh27 @ April 28, 2006, 11:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Have you tried this out Don?[/b][/quote]

Actually, I did try it last year a couple times, and frankly I didn't notice any changes. Once I got Doug's tunes in the car, that pretty much took care of any lag I had.

Quick Reply: BAMACHIPS = WOW!