GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BamaChips R O C K S !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/06, 07:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BamaChips R O C K S !!!

Customer Service: Doug is the ultimate professional who provides outstanding customer service. He responded to my PM and email queries and addressed all concerns. He was temporary out of the JLT CAIs and contacted JLT himself to have them ship the CAI directly to me, and "overnighted" the Xcal at his expense, to expedite delivery. He even personally called me to follow-up and ensure delivery! Doug took all necessary steps to make sure that I was happy. His dedication for achieving customer satisfaction is unprecedented.

Products: Upon extensive research I ultimately decided to go with the JLT CAI. The most "bang for the buck" without question. A long standing proven intake with quality components to include the S&B Powerstack filter. TheSCT/ Xcalibrator is a perfect compliment to the JLT. It is definitely a well built device with a great deal of versatility. This "set-up" is the best combination available IMO.

Installation: The actual CAI was installed in about 20 minutes. The "tune" took less than 5 minutes. I usually don't read directions, but did in this case as I didn't have prior experience with a tuner, and everything worked perfect. NOTE: TacoBill's Xcal instructions helped .

Performance: My cheeks hurt from smiling. The car is a totally different machine- almost unrecognizable. The overall performance of the car is much greater than the 25-30 hp gains obtained with the modification. It is so much more... eliminating throttle lag, improving throttle response, better acceleration, etc...

Conclusion: If anyone is even remotely interested in a "tune", I would not look any further than BamaChips. He offers #1 customer service and support, proven quality products, and the expertises and knowledge to get the most performance out of your car.
Old 11/28/06, 07:48 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. I think its the best money I've spent to date on my car. You will still love it just as much a year from now as you do today.
Old 11/28/06, 07:48 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's awesome steeltownstang. Doug is great and so is the intake. What tune are you running.
Old 11/28/06, 07:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
+1. Doug is the man.
Old 11/28/06, 08:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Doug's tuning took me from an also-ran to a contender.
Old 11/28/06, 08:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tell me something I don't know. Doug kick's !
Old 11/28/06, 10:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

I concur.
Old 11/28/06, 11:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Doug is definately thee goto man for all tuneing needs.

He answered an email I sent him to modify a tune for me at what I think was 10pm his time..... heck i'm in bed at that time with no desire to get up and do anything.

Doug has certainly captured my business for life, starting with the first phone call to him about my car/tune/purchase.

He's on my list of recommended goto people!!!!
Old 11/28/06, 11:30 PM
GT Member

Doug is definitely the man the only thing better than getting one of his tunes is having him custom tune it himself while on a dyno which i got to experience on the St. Louis dyno day when doug spent the weekend there with the guys. I couldn't believe the difference in the vehicle especially the race tune!!
Old 11/29/06, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Performance: My cheeks hurt from smiling. The car is a totally different machine- almost unrecognizable. The overall performance of the car is much greater than the 25-30 hp gains obtained with the modification. It is so much more... eliminating throttle lag, improving throttle response, better acceleration, etc...
he's running the race tune cause i recognize that cheek problem ! told you u'd love it! enjoy!! i agree, getting rid of that throttle lag is an awwwwwwwwwesome improvement..
Old 11/29/06, 01:39 PM
V6 Member

Doug's tunes are the $hit I use the 93 race all the time.
Old 11/29/06, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Wink Enough from the "Dougheads" already

OK, already, I freakin' get it. Y'all like Bamachips and Doug. Give me a break you stinkin' bunch of "Dougheads."

I have not seen any bad words about Brenspeed and I have had a good experience with Brent and his gang at Brenspeed. I really do not think, nor have I read that there is any real defining difference in performance between Brenspeed and Bamachips tunes. Any minor differences in similarly equiped cars could easily be drive or condition related. Both shops really wake up our cars. Both seem to have great customer sevice. Both guys really know what they are doing with tunes. Might it come down to location???

I have not heard of anyone leaving the Brenspeed camp to go to Bamachips and vica-versa. There was even a post somewhere where one guy goes back and forth between Brenspeed and Bamachips tunes that he keep swapping out from saved tune files on his PC to his SCT2.

And there are probably some other good tuners out there as well.

I didn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings. It just sounds like y'all are getting paid by Doug.
Old 11/29/06, 02:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by mot250
OK, already, I freakin' get it. Y'all like Bamachips and Doug. Give me a break you stinkin' bunch of "Dougheads."

I have not seen any bad words about Brenspeed and I have had a good experience with Brent and his gang at Brenspeed. I really do not think, nor have I read that there is any real defining difference in performance between Brenspeed and Bamachips tunes. Any minor differences in similarly equiped cars could easily be drive or condition related. Both shops really wake up our cars. Both seem to have great customer sevice. Both guys really know what they are doing with tunes. Might it come down to location???

I have not heard of anyone leaving the Brenspeed camp to go to Bamachips and vica-versa. There was even a post somewhere where one guy goes back and forth between Brenspeed and Bamachips tunes that he keep swapping out from saved tune files on his PC to his SCT2.

I didn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings. It just sounds like y'all are getting paid by Doug.
LOL! Jealously does no one any good. Go start a Brenspeed thread if you want… Beat it want-a-be Doughead. I prefer Bamahead!
Old 11/29/06, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
LOL! Jealously does no one any good. Go start a Brenspeed thread if you want… Beat it want-a-be Doughead. I prefer Bamahead!

OK, Bamaheads. I'll just continue to skim through your so-far-unsubtantiated-ravings-that-Doug-is-so-much-better-than-everyone-else. If I see some real data, I'll take my

I was just wondering if there was any real data out there proving that Bamachip tunes are all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips compared to Brenspeed. I don't feel the slightest bit slighted by my Brenspeed tunes. Sure, we all know of Evo users converting to Bamachips (and Brenspeed for that matter) but pah-lease.

Until then, let's all be freinds...
Old 11/29/06, 05:13 PM
Cobra R Member

93 race all the way. customer service second to none, and a great guy to boot. You do have to be careful in parking lots tho, as this baby wants to lunge to the next state, LOL. Love it.
Old 11/29/06, 05:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

C&L street CAI Quality is unsurpassed ! and I run "brenspeed.com" tunes go to Brents web sight ! watch his video's ...brenspeed knows the Stang! better than most ! and by the way! you can always trust Gear Heads from Indiana!... you can take that to bank! or better yet the track!...
Last edited by blkstang06 : Today at 04:59 PM.
Old 11/29/06, 05:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, Bamaheads. I'll just continue to skim through your so-far-unsubtantiated-ravings-that-Doug-is-so-much-better-than-everyone-else. If I see some real data, I'll take my

I was just wondering if there was any real data out there proving that Bamachip tunes are all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips compared to Brenspeed. I don't feel the slightest bit slighted by my Brenspeed tunes. Sure, we all know of Evo users converting to Bamachips (and Brenspeed for that matter) but pah-lease.

Until then, let's all be freinds...
I've heard nothing but good thing about Brenspeed. You can't go wrong with either.
Old 11/29/06, 05:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

maybe they are one and the same clones of each other.... twins misplaced at birth?

either way

Anyone wiht the ability to tune a car without touching it or seeing it and get just about the most hp out of it as possible.... is a god in my book.
Old 11/29/06, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Brent lost his chance to gain me as a customer when I was looking for a tune different than the DTP tune that came with my JLT (bought direct from JLT).

From what I remember, I emailed Brenspeed and Bamachips to inquire about price for a single tune. Brenspeed quoted me $110 for a tune. Period. Pretty steep, especially if it wasn't noticably better.

Doug replied and told me to send my car/computer info and he'll send me a tune to try out! If I didn't like it, I didn't have to pay! Then, he even tweaked it a few times (got rid of all throttle hang delay so it feels like a cable) before I had even bought the freakin' tune! Needless to say, I paid and also purchased another tune.

Now that is customer service. I only wish he were closer so I could go for a dyno tune.
Old 11/29/06, 07:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How much has gas mileage suffered with Doug's or Brenspeed tunes? I have been getting 20.5 mpg for the last 5000 miles or so with mixed driving on 87 octane. Not looking for more speed as a primary(traffic stinks here anyway), but the throttle response might be worth it alone if it doesn't kill gas mileage while I am forced to go to 93 octane on top of it.

Quick Reply: BamaChips R O C K S !!!